Learning something new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learnt its really stupid to tip tabasco on your finger and lick it off!

It tastes like pain!

annik said:
I learnt its really stupid to tip tabasco on your finger and lick it off!

It tastes like pain!

omg, I love Tabasco! On eggs, potatoes, chicken, pizza, whatever. If Tabasco is a tad too much, try Louisiana or Frank's - still spicy, but not as hot as Tabasco. :)

I learned that a 5' wide SUV loses a couple of inches whilst squeezing between stumps that are roughly 4'10" apart....

WildernessWildChild said:
I learned that a 5' wide SUV loses a couple of inches whilst squeezing between stumps that are roughly 4'10" apart....

I tried to give you a rep point as compensation, apparently we only get so many a day, I'll give you some tomorrow. Though you got one already from me today anyway.

Edward W said:
WildernessWildChild said:

I tried to give you a rep point as compensation, apparently we only get so many a day, I'll give you some tomorrow. Though you got one already from me today anyway.

That slow motion roll over thing was kind of cool too, putting it back on four wheels was a bit of a chore.

It's never dull when I go exploring.

I learned of someone's birthday today. Was thinking I had to wish him happy birthday daily just to get him to tell me when it is. :rolleyes:

I learned that I suffer from nausea after a night getting pissed. :(

I relearned the word "gestalt" and also learned some other stuff about human visual perception.
It's funny that the human algorithms/traits are so good that most of the time I invent some best algorithm for the job, it seems that people do it subconsciously. There's a lot of parallels to be drawn on cognition to be made for my job (which is about machine, not human vision at all)

Finally there's a link to make people marvel at one of these facts. Alas I found that experimentally (although I believe saturation or "presence of color" can also be a defining separator for components, I think in this picture the saturation to be 100% of both hence no border though).
http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/col_isoluNuBleu/

Today I learned dogs bark in different languages. Normally my dog gets excited when a dog barks in English. Today we were watching a show on tv and they crossed to France with English subtitles but when a dog barked on there she just put her head on the side and looked confused..

I learned that Dolph Lundgren has degrees from Stockholm and Sydney universities. Daytime TV teaches you all the important things...

user 130057 said:
I learned that Dolph Lundgren has degrees from Stockholm and Sydney universities. Daytime TV teaches you all the important things...

I've learned that people still watch daytime TV. :D

I learned that people will go to any length to prove they're not as pathetic as they really are.

I've also learned I'll go to any length to pretend everyone is equal and bad/good things don't matter, when put in an awkward situation.

Latest posts

Back