Learning something new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new way to mail information off now is to print out a letter, scan it so there's a digital copy - then email that.

Learnt that the fifth note up from a base note (the dominant) fits in rather pleasingly when both are played together. Getting my music theory for dummies on!

I learned that using an external floppy drive to install SATA drivers into the XP setup isn't possible unless you edit the OEM file specifying alternate drive compatibility.

I learned this the hard way :(

Scintillating scotoma and Retinal migraine are the main things I learned of today. And let me tell you, whichever I have, it's a huge pain in the arse and slightly unsettling and weird. The only way I can see something is to not look directly at it.

Inspired by a female poster on ALLf ... I have learned it is illogical for women to conclude men are pigs due the following evidence: :p

1305660111609_3255254.png

I've learnt I really like vampire weekend and that my boyfriend has an alarming knowledge of the lyrics of Kenny Rogers :p

Today I learned that 'Black Sea Man' and 'Monkey's Bum' are actual names of tomato plant varieties. True story.

MissGuided said:
Today I learned that 'Black Sea Man' and 'Monkey's Bum' are actual names of tomato plant varieties. True story.

Why were you Googling 'Monkey's Bum' though, huh?

Edward W said:
MissGuided said:

Why were you Googling 'Monkey's Bum' though, huh?

Maybe she was looking for an Eastern European gentleman instead. Mail order husband perhaps? Marginally less worrying than looking for pictures of hairy arses...

I learned that Sky don't want customers changing their routers, how pathetic is that? Sky; your routers are shite, it's getting changed anyway!

9006 said:
I learned that Sky don't want customers changing their routers, how pathetic is that? Sky; your routers are shite, it's getting changed anyway!

Do you have their new router? I'm using their latest one and while its functionality isn't that great, I'm impressed by the range, reception and speed so far. Only been using it for a month or so though.

Runciter said:
Do you have their new router? I'm using their latest one and while its functionality isn't that great, I'm impressed by the range, reception and speed so far. Only been using it for a month or so though.

No, a shitty older one that disconnects for no reason.

9006 said:
No, a shitty older one that disconnects for no reason.

Well for what it's worth, I haven't had a single dropped connection with the new one since it was connected. I'd phone them up and threaten to switch to Virgin until they decide to upgrade you for free. Though this is only helpful if you don't have a massive amount of time left on your contact. Still, ranting at them about the router might help, use the words 'not fit for purpose,' it seems to scare big companies. Though Rupert Murdoch is prick and I doubt there is much that scares him about consumer rights.

MissGuided said:

You should check out some mushroom names. 'Milky bell cap' being one.

Latest posts

Back