Lefty, righty or both?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is your more dominant hand?

• Total voters
0CI355A said:
Lol Bread. I don't get it.

Ryan why you trolled my poll? un

Just an obscure [video=youtube=[MEDIA=youtube]Yj2Gg8EC6-0[/MEDIA] reference[/video]. :p

No not ambidextrous, not completely, but certain things I can train my left hand for easily enough . . . ok I'm talking about work stuff don't be pervs (wary) I know what you were thinking.

I do most things right-handed, but if i am swinging a bat, I'm left handed. Go figure. :rolleyes:

There's only one thing I can do successfully with my left hand, everything else is done with my right. My brother is left handed, so he's the evil twin. :D

I've worked hard to be fairly ambidextrous (long story that I won't bore you with) - I can even write with my left hand (although it looks like a child of 3 did it....) - and tend to use whichever hand is closest to whatever I'm doing but, still, since I'm more dominant with my right hand, I clicked that as the answer. Just saying.

Yep, I have a twin, mirror twin. ;) Well not so much now that we're older, his face is rounder and he styles his hair different. Plus he wears his glasses all the time, I don't.

Back to topic though, I just wanted to say that I have a VERY close and personal relationship with my right hand. I nearly lost a finger on that hand, had to write with my left for awhile when I was a little kid. The teacher sent a note home to my mom about my horrible writing. My mom informed her, that if she hadn't noticed I had bandages around my index and middle finger on my right hand and that since she hadn't noticed I am right handed. I love my right hand, especially my index finger it has been so good to me.

One of my brothers teachers tried to force him to write with his right hand.

Eh, not a lot of poll responses, but it's not surprising; the majority of left-handed people are ambidextrous to a degree because of how 99.9% of things are made for right-hand dominance use.

Me, I'm left-handed, but was taught to do most everything right-handed, though I can do just about anything left-handed as if I'd always done it, so technically I'm ambidextrous. Writing and golf are two activities I know for a fact I can only do left-handed, and on the converse, I can only shoot a bow effectively right-handed. I can also use a set of chopsticks in each hand at the same time, too.

And then there's things like throwing stuff. I can throw darts with either hand one after the other without needing to readjust my stance (which makes for some interesting comments from people when they first see it). With a ball though, it's harder. Since I was taught to throw right-handed, I offset myself so I can send the ball where I want it to go. Throwing left-handed, even though I get more power and range, I don't have the accuracy down yet, because of how I had to compensate while throwing right-handed.

Kataphractos said:
I can also use a set of chopsticks in each hand at the same time, too.
I have to say I'm a little concerned about your sushi intake with this going on and advise you to watch your mercury levels.

I can do most things with both hands, although my writings with my left hand aren't always that clear... then again, neither are they with my right hand :D

So yeah, ambidextrous 'ftw'!

I see. Better not be lies. Or I shall hunt you down. Because... um... it's what I do. :D

Kataphractos said:
Eh, not a lot of poll responses, but it's not surprising; the majority of left-handed people are ambidextrous to a degree because of how 99.9% of things are made for right-hand dominance use.
Evil right-hand-dominated world.

I'm not really ambidextrous. The only right-handed thing I do is play a right-handed guitar.

I tried teaching myself to write with my right hand, but then I decided my writing is bad enough that I should instead focus on trying to improve my left-hand writing.

I was born left handed. My superstitious mother had always learned that was bad luck. So she made me be right handed. So now I'm somewhat both, though I'm not super great with my left hand.

I like my hands too, specially my right. I can't draw without it, even if I can write with my left. but my left hand's prettier, now I'm torn beauty for usefulness (no)

I have to say I'm a little concerned about your sushi intake with this going on and advise you to watch your mercury levels.
Actually, I don't like sushi. I prefer my fish battered with flour and crushed crackers and fried in a buttered pan.

But I do love chicken or beef fried rice, though.

Latest posts

Back