Lefty, righty or both?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is your more dominant hand?

• Total voters
Hmm, then I'd say watch the msg levels :D

floffyschneeman said:
I like my hands too, specially my right. I can't draw without it, even if I can write with my left. but my left hand's prettier, now I'm torn beauty for usefulness (no)
Floff you're all beautiful to me (hello)

I think I might be both, task pending. Most things I do day to day, I'm left hand dominant, but there's a surprising number of things I can do with either.

I write with my left hand, shoot a bow right handed, and I actually feel more or less comfortable shooting a rifle right handed.

And I tend to favor my right hand when I'm..

Hmm, nevermind. :p

Painting. Yes. Painting.

Brian said:
I think I might be both, task pending. Most things I do day to day, I'm left hand dominant, but there's a surprising number of things I can do with either.

I write with my left hand, shoot a bow right handed, and I actually feel more or less comfortable shooting a rifle right handed.

And I tend to favor my right hand when I'm..

Hmm, nevermind. :p

Painting. Yes. Painting.

lol Brian. Now I wonder what other things painting could mean.

RyanEhf said:
floffyschneeman said:
I like my hands too, specially my right. I can't draw without it, even if I can write with my left. but my left hand's prettier, now I'm torn beauty for usefulness (no)
Floff you're all beautiful to me (hello)

awww thanks Ryan. But you've not seen me :p and your hands are prettier (wary)

Interesting subject, I write with my left hand but can only throw with my right, also I use my right hand for strong punches and for ....asexual purposes -.-...Oh and also for my mouse. :p

I've heard all my life that I'm an artistic left brain thinker too, not sure if this counts towards ambidextrousness.

alonewanderer said:
...Oh and also for my mouse. :p
That reminds me, I made the mouse on my laptop left-handed, but I still use my right hand to use it... weird

This thread reminded me of a quote a left-handed friend of mine told me, "If the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body, and the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body, then left-handed people must be the only ones in their right minds."

UN Fortasse. Although, you might be onto something. I am kind of insane. :D

Right handed, though I've been thinking that if I attempt to use my left hand more often I could become proficient with both.

I play the violin though, and I find it interesting that bowed string instruments require more complex (and sometimes strenuous) tasks with the left hand (finger positions), in contrast to the right hand which plays a less complex role (bowing, plucking, etc).

I used my left hand most of the way through childhood up until I went to some insane Catholic nursery that forced me to work right handed.

I'm glad they did this, I can do anything using either hand. Except draw, I can't draw with either hand. y u no artistic talent soup.

Was right-handed most of my life. Started training my left hand around 5 years ago. I must say it was a very strange experience. After a while I became left-hand dominant in certain activities to the point that it felt weird and awkward to use my right hand. I can now write left hand as well and much more legibly than with my right hand, although i write left-handed about half as fast.

It all started with brushing my teeth left handed after I read a story in "Popular Science" about how using your non-dominant hand can help prevent alzheimers in old age... which turned into a bit of an obsession from time to time until i was functionally ambidextrous.

interesting poll, great job dezza!

Latest posts

Back