Lets Be Proactive and Excercise Together for Better Health & Self Improvement

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff, Minty. Keep it up. Exercising always makes me feel great too and you don't have to do anything too strenuous to see benefits. In time, your joints and tendons will become used to extra weight and extra stress and you'll be less likely to strain them.

Alma lost her spoon said:
Well done on the squats user 130057! *thumbsup

I felt weak as a baby in the gym this morning & had to make myself complete my workout-I HATE when it's like that but I DID finish so that's sumat I guess.

I have days like that too. I'll pick up the weights and then have to check I've not got the pin in the wrong place, because they feel twice as heavy as they should do. I usually take it as a sign that I've overdone it and have a day off.

Today, I went for a 4 mile walk in the rain. I wasn't planning on doing anything else, but I ended up at a bit of a lose end, so I decided to do a bit of a work out.

Chin ups, press ups, then various isolation exercises targeting my biceps, triceps, shoulders and back.

I'm going to have to stop doing this and FORCE myself to target my core and my legs for a while...

Some days when I feel really frustrated, I can just push myself and work out like a crazy person and get rid of all that energy.
Some days when it seems like it's just so meh, I can't even push myself to do the normal stuff that I do. I wonder why.

Minty I have to stay away from the high impact stuff for the sake of my knees too.

user 130057-it's not overtraining-I had some time off last week-I only worked out once in the last week, it's more as LadyF may have been talking about, it's all to do with what's going on inside my head right at this point. It really 'biles mah pish' when I get like this, when my training starts to become affected boohiss!

Oh, I suffer from insomnia and clinical depression, so I know what you are talking about. There are days that I feel like I can take on the entire planet without breaking a sweat, but on the days when I've only had a couple of hours sleep or I'm on downward swing, then I can't lift a bloody thing, can't do a single pull up, struggle to do a few press ups. It's not pleasant.

Today, I've had a great workout and I enjoyed every second of it. I'm still ignoring my legs too much though...

Your all doing so good, keep up the good work. I hope to join you when my health gets a bit better.

NightHawkJohn said:
Your all doing so good, keep up the good work. I hope to join you when my health gets a bit better.

Hey! Haven't seen you around much - how have you been?

Back in the gym this morning yay!

15 mins on the bike, squats, deadlifts & a little shoulderwork.

One of the instructors gave me some vouchers to give TRX sessions a free try, haven't done TRX before so might give it a go-have heard some good things about it.

I've not been doing much this past week since I started work. Gotta start working out a proper schedule next week onwards.

Sort of dropped the schedule for a... month.

I did go out for a nice hour-long midnight jog when I was in a rough mood though and that seems to have helped.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:

I did go out for a nice hour-long midnight jog when I was in a rough mood though and that seems to have helped.

I did the same thing, dropped it for a month previously and I was just lethargic all over. Never again.. it's good to keep active.

ladyforsaken said:
Mr Seal The Albatros said:

I did the same thing, dropped it for a month previously and I was just lethargic all over. Never again.. it's good to keep active.

Haha. True. I'll just have to find more time in my schedule I guess. :)

OK, so I know that I have been advised to avoid unnecessary stress on my knee and ankle joints, but I felt no undue pain when I tried squats and lunges a week ago. This morning, I tried them again and I still feel no pain in my joints, but they did wonders for my leg muscles.

I'm sitting down while typing this, because I'm not sure I can stand up. Hah. Trying to explain the satisfying throbbing in my muscles to someone who doesn't work out would make me sound like a lunatic.

Edit: Just noticed that, um, sitting down with my satisfyingly throbbing muscle might sound a little pervy, but I have left it in to give someone a laugh at my expense :D

user 130057 said:
Edit: Just noticed that, um, sitting down with my satisfyingly throbbing muscle might sound a little pervy, but I have left it in to give someone a laugh at my expense :D

hahahaha you got me right enough:D

There's nothing quite like that 'worked-alive' feeling I agree.

I've just been invited to play in a charity fundraiser bout(roller derby)-I haven't played competitively in over a year(ECDX in Philly summer of 2013 was the last time-we won our games yay!) & my training recently has been sporadic at best...

It could be the very thing I need as a new focus, the game is only 3 weeks away, I'd have to get my rules test organised & shift my fitness training into overdrive without overdoing it......

...or it could just be about the most idiotuc thing I might ever do!

What to do...I need to decide.

I agree with Gabriel - Go for it!

You strike me as the kind of person that grabs life by the throat and squeezes for all you're worth and I can't imagine you turning down any opportunity.

Well if I can tie a local zebra(ref) down & get me sorted with a current rules test it can happen.

I have an up to date minimum skills pass as I have to have that to skate rec' but I need a written test to bout.

I think you should go for it too, Alma. :)

user 130057 said:
Trying to explain the satisfying throbbing in my muscles to someone who doesn't work out would make me sound like a lunatic.

I totally love that feeling, user 130057. Some people find it weird that I like feeling the soreness. I just love it.

Latest posts

Back