Let's fix this

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, i really liked this thread, and there were some really good ideas, it's true we need to help each other because in a way, that's why we are here, right? we came here, because we needed somebody to talk to so, how come we don't get response like empathy said? we should help each other, even if we don't share the same thought, we just need to be listened to, right? it's funny how everytime i log in nobody is online...it's really lonely people, lonely site, but maybe it's just a coincidence, althought we should be friendly to each other a dn try to understand everybody...we shouldn't reject anyone...this is what i think and if anybody needs my help or just anybody to talk to write me! i'd be more than happy to answer and you'll help me to just by asking my advice or just telling me your story..i love reading and helping people, maybe because nobody helped me...anyway write me anytime and this thread is really a good start, from what i've read this is the best one, and as you can all see a lot of us, just want to say something here...

a kiss and a big smile for everyone!!!

The idea of an IRC channel is nice... just drop to #lonely on irc.animelab.com. :)
I will idle there, my computer is on 24/7.
Maybe someone has other ideas (a different name or network), feel free to suggest. As long as we have a place to chat it's nice. =)

Empathy said:
- Messaging new members.  Let's just set up a thread where we take turns sending a short friendly message to every new member.  Then if they respond, we can sort of adopt them and get them involved :)
That's a very nice idea.. being nice to new people. That thing is... what your name is. :p Rarely found in the big world out there.

That IRC should serve :) I'm rarely on this week, too busy, maybe later.

yeah, I set up that thread, and no one posted in it yet. I don't care, I'll send welcome messages when I feel like it anyway.

Empathy goes all ways...few people have tons of empathy (why it's hard for me to find good friends) but everyone here has experienced lonliness, so those not totally overwhelmed by their own, should feel a strong desire to help others with theirs.

If someone is just too lazy or uncaring to help others, well I have empathy to understand that too, it's called selfishness. Someone who only wants to "get" and not "give" can be lonely and I won't feel sorry for em. We have to work for the things we want.

On a more cheery note, I've made a few new tentative friends over PMs tonight :)

Yeah I've made a few acquaintances here too, and all of them stopped talking to me after a while.

Ah, you must have helped them with their lonliness, then :cool: Seriously, if someone leaves here, it's a pretty good sign they either found help or we helped them.

Latest posts

Back