Let's play a game, everyone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AnonymousMe said:
Texas said:
To answer the original guy's scenario, I personally wouldn't hit on a girl at work. The last thing anyone wants is to be hit on at work. You don't look your best, you hate your life most likely (especially if you're showing people clothes all day), and woman especially get hit on all the time at work. I'm not meaning to explain this in a rude way, but if you could give me a better scenario I don't mind answering. Some random encounter at the park? Maybe a girl giving you a sweet smile while shopping? maybe a nerdy girl walking her pomeranian down the street. If you don't feel up to it, I understand.

Ugh, you just reminded me of a bad memory.

A few months ago, my mom and I went to a bakery that's nearby our house, you know, to get bread and stuff. While I was getting some near the store's entrance, I saw a really, REALLY gorgeous girl, it was my "type" basically: black, short hair, glasses, a bit chubby, but definitely not fat (had a tummy, but a well developed waist) and a curvy butt. I almost couldn't focus on getting the bread, all my attention was on this girl, although I don't know if it was love-at-first-sight or me just turning into an animal. For a fraction of a second, I thought about talking to her, but in the end, I decided not to and she left the store.
There were various reasons as to why I didn't made a move, at the moment, I wasn't very "presentable," just with my usual sports pants and t-shirt, didn't had mint for my mouth either, my mom was at the store with me, etc. She was quite attractive, so what could have been the chances of her NOT having a boyfriend already. The main reason why I didn't approached her though was because I reminded myself who I am, a man can every trait to be a chick magnet, but what woman would like to stay with someone that's not independent?
It's just how I see things: guys need confidence, be charming and/or have a physically attractive body to get the girls, but to keep them from leaving, they need to have what matters in the end, something that y'all are forgetting: a good salary. There's simply no point in dating if you don't have money, it sucks, but it is the modern take on the survival of the fittest rule.

Paraiyar said:
But I don't want to drag this thread off topic so I'll stop.

It's OK Paraiyar, my original intention for this thread is obviously not going to happen, so feel free to stay derailed from that purpose.

She sounds very cute, AnonymousMe. In that situation, I would have at least said hi. Sometimes you need to play the cards you have even if you don't have honeysuckle. Use everything you have to strike up a conversation next time. Even a small one could go a long way in boosting your confidence. Don't worry about the reasons why she wouldn't talk to you, but focus on the reasons why she would. Most likely she doesn't know you, so if you're friendly she has no reason to think ill of you. Plus, if by some miracle you see her again and you look fresh, you will be able to easily strike up another conversation. When I'm on the prowl, I always try to look my best in public. You think that girl worries about looking good in public? maybe or maybe not, I wasn't there. I don't like getting caught off guard. What you say unfortunately is true, it'll be a struggle if you're not independent. That probably even influences your confidence too? It's not impossible, there are some women supporting boyfriends as we speak. I think if you want to, maybe work towards being independent? Meantime, Don't let it stop you from at least chatting with these girls.

AnonymousMe said:
She was quite attractive, so what could have been the chances of her NOT having a boyfriend already. The main reason why I didn't approached her though was because I reminded myself who I am, a man can every trait to be a chick magnet, but what woman would like to stay with someone that's not independent?

It's just how I see things: guys need confidence, be charming and/or have a physically attractive body to get the girls, but to keep them from leaving, they need to have what matters in the end, something that y'all are forgetting: a good salary. There's simply no point in dating if you don't have money, it sucks, but it is the modern take on the survival of the

I'm just going to focus on these two paragraphs:

1. I remember late last year when I was in London staying with my cousin and her partner. We were at this club for his DJ gig and the DJ before them was this beautiful German girl who also happened to be friends with my cousin's partner. After her set, I saw her standing around on her own. I thought I'd go and approach her but then the "a girl this attractive is not going to be single" thought popped into my head and I left it. A few months later, my cousin and her partner came to visit in New Zealand and her partner mentioned to me that this girl was single and women find it really hard to get boyfriends in London because everyone is so reserved. I felt pretty pissed off with myself. Moral of the story is, better to assume they don't have a boyfriend and be disappointed than to assume they do and end up being wrong.

2. I disagree. I have friends who aren't wealthy who have no trouble getting girls and I've even known guys who were unemployed to have them. Of course you probably need a stable source of income for something long term but is that really that unreasonable? Plus, being rich helps but you'll probably mostly attract gold diggers and who wants them?

Texas said:
It's not impossible, there are some women supporting boyfriends as we speak.

Paraiyar said:
I disagree. I have friends who aren't wealthy who have no trouble getting girls and I've even known guys who were unemployed to have them.

Where the heck are these types of girls? XD I would kill to get someone like that. Don't get the wrong idea and think I'm lazy, it's just that I think I'm better off taking care of house duties than working on any real job. No one else in my family helps my mom at all, so I try to aid her in whatever I can when it comes to chores, except for the ones that involve cooking. To bad I live in the year 2016, with the way things are going, people are going to adopt a political correctness attitude in the future.

Texas said:
Meantime, Don't let it stop you from at least chatting with these girls.

Paraiyar said:
Moral of the story is, better to assume they don't have a boyfriend and be disappointed than to assume they do and end up being wrong.

I can talk to girls face to face, the problem is that I can't flirt at all, it's pretty much the reason I started this topic.

AnonymousMe said:
Texas said:
It's not impossible, there are some women supporting boyfriends as we speak.

Paraiyar said:
I disagree. I have friends who aren't wealthy who have no trouble getting girls and I've even known guys who were unemployed to have them.

Where the heck are these types of girls? XD I would kill to get someone like that. Don't get the wrong idea and think I'm lazy, it's just that I think I'm better off taking care of house duties than working on any real job. No one else in my family helps my mom at all, so I try to aid her in whatever I can when it comes to chores, except for the ones that involve cooking. To bad I live in the year 2016, with the way things are going, people are going to adopt a political correctness attitude in the future.

Texas said:
Meantime, Don't let it stop you from at least chatting with these girls.

Paraiyar said:
Moral of the story is, better to assume they don't have a boyfriend and be disappointed than to assume they do and end up being wrong.

I can talk to girls face to face, the problem is that I can't flirt at all, it's pretty much the reason I started this topic.

They're just the usual, maybe more attractive than average. How do you actually know that it is lack of money that is the reason girls aren't into you?

You might try looking at videos on flirting as well. I can't really do it either but I'm trying to learn to. I think if you can't then most of the time you're just going to trigger platonic feelings and nothing more.

three pages of words, and not a single picture yet. you're going OFFTOPIC :D

Yeah, we should bring this thread back to its topic.

I earlier posted saying I don't harbor much faith in this game. I'll be more specific.

In particular what bothers me is that you said I have to type the first things I can think of, to simulate real life. Fair enough, except in real life nothing passes through my mind really and in fact I never have conversations I start. More in detail, this means that even here, my "approach" would be saying "Hi", basically.

I also don't think posting a selfie is a good idea. Even if it does matter in real life, to some degree, and I agree, I don't see why some people need to have it easier or worse than other here because of that. I'd leave the choice of whether to post a pic of not to the person.

I also haven't understood how exactly the conversation will proceed and how the rating will be done. More in particular, I'm not sure whether the person I would talk to in my scenario will be impersonated by different people or only by one.

Just some doubts, but maybe I'm the only one that sees these issues. Let me know what you think.

Lacrecia said:

AnonymousMe said he wasn't worried at that at this point but okay, I won't drag it any further.

Lacrecia said:

Wayfarer said:
Yeah, we should bring this thread back to its topic...

Just some doubts, but maybe I'm the only one that sees these issues. Let me know what you think.

I said that my original intention of this thread is obviously not going to happen, so I don't care if we go off topic or if the thread dies or gets locked, no one's going to cooperate; there's no need to worry.
After thinking about it, this was a dumb idea, people are probably better of training with Existor.

Paraiyar said:
How do you actually know that it is lack of money that is the reason girls aren't into you?

Hmm, how did I miss this question? Anyway Paraiyar, my lack of money, or not having a decent job or not being independent, however you want to see it, that's just one of many, MANY problems I have that definitely prevent me from being in a relationship. I could tell you want they are, but to save you the trouble of reading a huge list, let's just say that it's easier to just give up and accept being a Forever Alone guy.

SofiasMami said:
Also, what's Existor? Is that another forum we all should be on?

Original:
https://www.eviebot.com/en/

Other versions (I honestly can't believe one's based on that idiot PewDiePie):
https://www.existor.com/en/

AnonymousMe said:
Paraiyar said:
How do you actually know that it is lack of money that is the reason girls aren't into you?

Hmm, how did I miss this question? Anyway Paraiyar, my lack of money, or not having a decent job or not being independent, however you want to see it, that's just one of many, MANY problems I have that definitely prevent me from being in a relationship. I could tell you want they are, but to save you the trouble of reading a huge list, let's just say that it's easier to just give up and accept being a Forever Alone guy.

SofiasMami said:
Also, what's Existor? Is that another forum we all should be on?

Original:
https://www.eviebot.com/en/

Other versions (I honestly can't believe one's based on that idiot PewDiePie):
https://www.existor.com/en/

I had lack of independence not long ago. Decided to do something about it. Took a while but got my licence and moved out of home. Wish I'd done it so much earlier. You should try and turn things around man.

Quite. No game yet, which is quite odd. I would have thought people would be up for this. I would make a post or something but I'm not posting a selfie. No way. Not public on the internet. To a trusted friend is one thing, but... well... Though, it does seem that it would be a waste of time since there doesn't seem to be anyone replying to the OP. Is there even anyone else up for this?

Latest posts

Back