Let's try this again ...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simplesimonette

Reaction score
I've lurked here before but it's been a while. So long that I've forgotten my password and user name.
I'm going to be 40 in a few weeks, I'm from Texas and I'm married with children.
I haven't had a paying job in 11 years - I chose to stay at home with my children. The isolation has atrophied my already weak social skills and I found myself spending more and more time without company.
I don't have a problem being alone, something that is rare with a stay at home mom, I just feel that the person I am - the woman that existed before the mother and wife appeared - is no longer seen or heard.
Anyway - just wanted to give a small intro and say hello to all.

I hate it when i forget my password/username. My sympathies go out to you.

welcome back :)

Solitary man said:
You have children. You are not alone.

i have 2 kids and a wife but still get that isolated feeling when i dont socialize or have friendships..
lonely is a relative term

Thanks for all the kind welcomes!

Although my husband is the most supportive and loving man I know - to burden him with all my social needs is selfish. My children are my life and joy - but they are not my friends. My role is to support and guide them, I don't ask they do the same for me.

Latest posts

Back