Life as a bald guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started going bald in my late teens... so I started taking Propecia. Thank god it works.

Boring-Weirdo said:
I started going bald in my late teens... so I started taking Propecia. Thank god it works.

Lucky you, the stuff my doc recommended me didn't work.

Dexter said:
Boring-Weirdo said:

Lucky you, the stuff my doc recommended me didn't work.
****, that sucks.

I didn't start Propecia until my early twenties, so I lost about 30% of my hair before I stopped the shedding. Now my hair is a bit thin around the crown, and my forehead is about a half-inch wider than it should be. Even though most people don't notice my small amount of hair-loss, it still makes me feel very self-conscious.

Boring-Weirdo said:

It started at 15, propecia wasn't available until a few years later. By that time I'd lost most of my hair. They won't prescribe until you're 18 anyway. It has only seemed to slow down the hair loss.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Baldness isn't unattractive. You just need to be positive about it.

Itsfmy.jpg

:p

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Baldness isn't unattractive. You just need to be positive about it.

I would look a hundred times more attractive with more hair.
it's to do with the shape of my head, bald or balding doesn't work. Nothing I can do about it, just sod's law. Neither my Dad or my brothers have thinning hair. I was unlucky.

Triple Bogey said:
...it's to do with the shape of my head, bald or balding doesn't work. Nothing I can do about it, just sod's law. Neither my Dad or my brothers have thinning hair. I was unlucky.

No, you are lucky!

Think of all the money you save not having to buy shampoos and conditioners (or you use much less :p)

Plus you don't have to spend ages in front of a mirror getting your hair right, on a winday day it doesn't blow into your face, hats don't give you bad hat hair or whatever it's called)

Multiple , multiple positves!!!

And when women see you they know immediatly you are a sexy lion, rooaawwwrrr!

You lucky son of a gun! :D

I haven't read through the whole thread....but I just wanted to chime in and say that As a woman, I find a bald head to be sexy. Many women feel the same, or are indifferent to finding boyfriends/partners with or without hair.

I can imagine it feels like a huge deal to you, and I'm not discounting that.... I just wanted to let you know that most of the people out there don't even notice if you have hair or not. I'm sure you are handsome fellow full head of hair hair or not. :)

Edward W said:
Triple Bogey said:
...it's to do with the shape of my head, bald or balding doesn't work. Nothing I can do about it, just sod's law. Neither my Dad or my brothers have thinning hair. I was unlucky.

No, you are lucky!

Think of all the money you save not having to buy shampoos and conditioners (or you use much less :p)

Plus you don't have to spend ages in front of a mirror getting your hair right, on a winday day it doesn't blow into your face, hats don't give you bad hat hair or whatever it's called)

Multiple , multiple positves!!!

And when women see you they know immediatly you are a sexy lion, rooaawwwrrr!

You lucky son of a gun! :D

hardly :)

I like wearing my woolly hay anyway ! :)

Danielle said:
I haven't read through the whole thread....but I just wanted to chime in and say that As a woman, I find a bald head to be sexy. Many women feel the same, or are indifferent to finding boyfriends/partners with or without hair.

I can imagine it feels like a huge deal to you, and I'm not discounting that.... I just wanted to let you know that most of the people out there don't even notice if you have hair or not. I'm sure you are handsome fellow full head of hair hair or not. :)

You're in the minority. And I'm not handsome by any standard. Baldness exacerbates that.

It all depends on your features and head shape. Some guys just look a lot better with hair.

ardour said:
Danielle said:

You're in the minority. And I'm not handsome by any standard. Baldness exacerbates that.

It all depends on your features and head shape. Some guys just look a lot better with hair.

Again with the negativity. :(

ardour said:
Danielle said:

wear a hat or cap.
I do especially in winter, don't go anywhere without my woolly hat.

Triple Bogey said:
wear a hat or cap.
I do especially in winter, don't go anywhere without my woolly hat.

wore a cap for years, never taking it off at work or in public. You become the 'guy with cap'. After a while it makes you feel even worse, like you have something to hide. I'm actually feeling a bit better now that it's off even though I keep getting nasty looks, predictably it's mostly from the young, people in my age group don't seem to care that much.

Why would you care about the young?

Snotty teenagers will be snotty teenagers. They haven't really changed much since I was a teen, I've just gotten older. I've actually found more socially comfortable around people my age, because they are much more mature than we used to be.

I don't even notice if people give me funny / nasty looks.
not sure if they do, couldn't care less

People staring at me are probably just in awe and shock at my complete awesomeness.

Latest posts

Back