Light headed when walking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woz

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this. Sometimes when I'm walking outside i repeatedly go light headed. It only lasts for a second or less, but i panic as it's really intense and feels like i' going to drop anytime soon.

There are many reasons that you may be experiencing that. Too many to speculate. As the previous poster said, you really need to direct medical advice questions to an actual medical professional. That being said, I will say:

Are you dehydrated?
Are you eating a healthy diet?
Do you smoke? drink?
Are you getting enough sleep?
Do you have pre-existing health conditions: high blood pressure, diabetes, etc?

Anytime you are in a state of reduced health, you should always make sure that you are:

- Drinking enough water
- Eating healthy foods
- Not smoking
- Sleeping enough
- Reducing and managing stress
- Taking care of known health conditions

If you are doing all of that and still having issues, time to see a doc.

My friend died because of an issue like this. He was getting off the NYC subway after a day of college classes, and he fainted onto the subway tracks. The next train ran him over and he died.

You should be very aware of your surroundings whenever you feel faint. Also, seeing a doctor might not be a bad idea.

It could be low blood pressure or anaemia, or stress. As others have suggested, it would be best to see a doctor and get a definite answer.

Yeah I was about to say the same thing as what Tiina said. It could likely be anaemia (lack of iron) or LBP. Either way, we can only speculate from here. The best thing is to get it checked out - seriously. Before it gets worse.

I've learnt that once you find symptoms related to your health, always take it seriously and get it checked out. I'm only lucky I found out about my thyroid cancer early, because I bothered to check out extraordinary symptoms and signs.

Go get it checked out. All the best.

Most likely low blood pressure. Make sure you eat healthy and try to train a little bit.

I remember when I used to be a poor college student in USA, I was staying in the dorm for winter break and I developed a high fever. Woke up in the middle of the night, extremely dehydrated, started going towards the restroom to wash my face, about 10m away from my room. Then I went blind and felt like falling down. I guess I would have passed out but I was really struggling to stay up, clinging to the wall, terrified of being blind. I thought that if I fall down I would die. After about 10 minutes for some reason I went down to crouch on the floor and I immediately felt better and I could see again :)

The body needs to pump blood high up to the brain so if you're having a really bad fit it's a great idea to get as horizontal as possible. It's even feasible to lie down and put a pillow under your feet, I've heard.

It could be many things, but if it happens most of the time then I'd just go the doctors.

Latest posts

Back