Living in a different time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my thought as well, but the powers that be seem to be blind to the connection. It's tragic and now it's an integral part of our lifestyles I can't see how we can be remedied.

Jently said:
That was my thought as well, but the powers that be seem to be blind to the connection.  It's tragic and now it's an integral part of our lifestyles I can't see how we can be remedied.

And that, my friend, is exactly why I don't have an ounce of hope or faith in humanity and in this sweet cesspool ... el mundo del honeysuckle.

Somnambulist said:
Jently said:
That was my thought as well, but the powers that be seem to be blind to the connection.  It's tragic and now it's an integral part of our lifestyles I can't see how we can be remedied.

And that, my friend, is exactly why I don't have an ounce of hope or faith in humanity and in this sweet cesspool ... el mundo del honeysuckle.

Don't worry,after the WWIII when the whole world is a radioactive cesspool things can start to get better again ;), and with Trump as president that future doesn't seem to be as distant as one might think :p

Too bad that quote was falsely attributed to Einstein...another symptom of the technology. Personally I see many more pathologies besides technology that emerged across the last 100 years or so which we haven't managed to figure out yet. New economic systems, family structures, value systems (instead of traditional religions) and urbanization to just name a few.

MisterLonely said:
Somnambulist said:
Jently said:

Don't worry,after the WWIII when the whole world is a radioactive cesspool things can start to get better again ;), and with Trump as president that future doesn't seem to be as distant as one might think :p

I don't think that far ahead :p

For me, it's all about ... next meal, next utility to get disconnected, next person to treat me like honeysuckle. Simpler version of WWIII.

Jently said:
I can't see how we can be remedied.

Well, for starters, how about shutting down Facebook and Twitter ?

That could be the beginning of the triumph of good over evil.

I am one of the few who have never been tempted to use Farcebook or Titter, but agree that their use is probably complicit in the problem.
Can you seriously imagine how people would react if they were deprived of their access to these sites? There would be rioting in the streets, people couldn't cope, as with any addiction and I don't use the word lightly.

Somnambulist said:
TheRealCallie said:
Somnambulist said:
Jently said:
I am one of the few who have never been tempted to use Farcebook or Titter

I have just five words ...
L
M
F
A
O

Those are letters, not words....just saying.

You couldn't resist, could you, Callie :p

I didn't even try.  lol

I would love to be able to time-travel, how cool would that be? I can only imagine what it would be like to experience life through the ages. 

I would still want to live here and now, though, but in a much simpler way. I think we've lost touch with what's important in life, how to truly connect with other people in a real and honest way... and how to just be present in the moment.

Different time, age, world, universe, parallell universe, most things. However, here I am, and that's what I gotta work with. :)

lumi said:
I would love to be able to time-travel, how cool would that be? I can only imagine what it would be like to experience life through the ages. 

I would still want to live here and now, though, but in a much simpler way. I think we've lost touch with what's important in life, how to truly connect with other people in a real and honest way... and how to just be present in the moment.

That would be awesome, better be carefull though :p

I'd like to go back before cell phones and facebook and meeting guys online--back to the good old days of not knowing every single thing about other people, most I don't even know, and vice versa. There was an aire of privacy and personal touches that were between very few people and seemed to be special, as opposed to this time in history when someone undoubtedly has to post or text about it immediately. TMI...so much TMI.

Healing2me said:
I'd like to go back before cell phones and facebook and meeting guys online--back to the good old days of not knowing every single thing about other people, most I don't even know, and vice versa. There was an aire of privacy and personal touches that were between very few people and seemed to be special, as opposed to this time in history when someone undoubtedly has to post or text about it immediately. TMI...so much TMI.

I agree, thats why I picked the 70/80's myself, because I still like most modern things, but antisocial media I truly hate...

My mother always believed that she had a past life and felt "unsettled " in her life in the present. Me, i don't know.
I am a history buff and fascinated by victorian London, so, I guess I would go back to Autumn of 1888, just to find out who Jack the ripper was. I always suspected it was Winnie the poo as they both have the same middle name. coincidence?

iateallthepies said:
My mother always believed that she had a past life and felt "unsettled " in her life in the present. Me, i don't know.
I am a history buff and fascinated by victorian London, so, I guess I would go back  to Autumn of 1888, just to find out who Jack the ripper was.  I always suspected it was Winnie the poo as they both have the same middle name. coincidence?

I guess that bear was just trying to get into some honeypots....

O.T. (sortoff) the past-life thing is interresting, apparently when I was 3 years old I told my parents that I used to live in germany before living with them, wich was very weird, still I probably picked something up somewhere, because I most definitly don't believe in reincarnation

Latest posts

Back