Living with parents

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Factotum

Reaction score
i lived alone for nearly 6 years in bombay. i recently moved in with my parents after i got a work from home offer from the company i worked for in bombay. i cant say i'm entirely happy. there isnt much of a lifestyle change. and i often feel sad and lonely.

anyone live with their parents? whats the experience like?

I'm 36 and I live at home. A little embarrassing? Yes. I kind of feel like George Costanza. My folks are in no way like his thank God. I once tried to live on my own. I just couldn't keep it together. With the way the economy and life in general is these days, stay home if you have to.
George-costanza.jpg

I’ve been living alone since the age of 16, at first I found it difficult but I don’t think I could ever live with anybody else again, at least not a parent or relative. I like being the captain of my own ship a little too much.

I have moved out twice, but moved back home both times. The most recent time was early last year, to take care of my ailing Grandma (who passed away in December.)

I will probably move out again, once I get a job. I don't enjoy living here. But the way the economy is, I don't know when that will be.

I do not live with my own parents, however, it is a temporary (I hope) situation that I live with the parents of someone else.

I am very grateful to have this place to live, but, a very difficult situation to become used to..

I don't anymore, my brother still does. It was hard at first, really hard. I just wasn't prepared for how big of a change it would be. No one told me. But now I don't think I'd want to move back home, I like having my freedom.

I've lived alone for awhile. Then I got into co-dependent phase of always needing a guy to lay in my bed so I could sleep. Granted I lived in a roach-filled, ghettoblasted area and didn't feel that safe being a single white female (sounds racist hmm...) behind a gas station...but still living with parents is always harder. My parents cared more when I left than they ever did when I was a room away.

Yeah. The economy crisis is always my main excuse as well.
And I don't know what my parents would do without my extra work. I owe it to them, after all.

If I didn't have an idiot for a brother, I'd still be living with my mom. And I'd try my best to convince my dad to live with us as well. I didn't mind it a bit.

I couldn't handle it, I'm ready to murder my parents after I visit them for 2 weeks on vacation.

A lot of young adults live with their parents (older adults too). This boomerang generation face many problems - they say it is because of the economy, and I completely understand that. It can be lonely living with parents. You have to walk around on eggshells to some extent. It can make you feel sad and depressed that you don't have anyone to talk to. You may feel isolated. I'm sorry you feel this way. Be grateful that you have parents that allow you to live at home, and try to find activities to involve yourself in outside of the house. That way you feel as if you have some worth outside of you parents house. It is hard to not revert to your childhood self when living at home especially if your parents take care of a lot of things for you.

wow... sounds like there are a lot of brave and strong souls here

I still live my parents and not once have I tried to move... I've planned to many times... but each time things never came through... so 27 now... several failed attempts at success... and really just stuck in a hole and working to get out... slowly...

I'm greatful I have a home with someone that still loves me. But at the same time I hate not having my freedom... i wish somewhere along the line, I had chosen to move out....

MadMonkè said:
wow... sounds like there are a lot of brave and strong souls here

I still live my parents and not once have I tried to move... I've planned to many times... but each time things never came through... so 27 now... several failed attempts at success... and really just stuck in a hole and working to get out... slowly...

I'm greatful I have a home with someone that still loves me. But at the same time I hate not having my freedom... i wish somewhere along the line, I had chosen to move out....

It's good to be grateful for what you have. As long as you keep working towards independence, I think you're doing the right thing.

I'm 22, still living at home with my parents. I hate it, i feel a bit stunted.

I want to continue on with my life!!!!! I'm not in a position to right now. So im stuck here with my parents. I hate living with my parents!!!!

Latest posts

Back