Locked Box

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmylife

Reaction score
I have a box in my mind. Filled with all the negative comments people have ever said about me. They only need to be said once and then they stick in that box and torture me whenever my mind feels like it.

I wish I knew how to unlock that box and let all those things fly away. More than that, I wish people would never say those things in the first place –especially people who I thought cared more than that.

I have the same problem. If only it were as easy to hold onto any compliments we may receive. It is always the negative things which stick.
People will always say horrible things to you, sometimes deliberately but often out of thoughtlessness. Do you tell them when they hurt you, or are you like me and hold the pain inside so that they don't then tell you you are 'being too sensitive?'
I send you a hug.

The negative comments always seem to stick more than the positive ones for some reason. When ever I think of negative comments that have been made, I'll start thinking of the positive ones too, but for whatever the reason - negative ones seem to have more affect.

Ya, why does the mind have to be so negative? Heck even my dreams of late have been negative for some odd reason. I don't try to be negative but it seems the negative and the not wantedness thoughts seem to bubble up.

Some of those comments just may be said by people through anger and frustration because they care.

If not, the people aren't good enough for you to associate with anyway.

I always found the locked box to be very useful. I just locked all the bad things in there and never let them out.
It's something I would hate to have come open one day cause there is a lot in there.

It takes 10 Compliments to balance out just 1 Single Insult. I was told this by a Life Coach recently. One thing that might help is to express your feelings. Perhaps in Art, Writing or Music Making or something. I like to write down stuff sometimes. It sorta helps to unload it off my mind, onto paper. Also means I can go back to it later :)

Ponder this simple statement...
"Whatever meaning I give to something has the meaning I give it."

The box is meaningless? It has no value or meanings.
All the negative honeysuckle gose into the trash bin...just like the trash bin on my OS.
It gets deleted into never never land.
Sometimes i delete entire collection of songs or moives. fresia it,..I dont need it to watch it or hear it no more.
I dont miss it.
Sometimes I delete entire beliefs system...out dated software is fucken retarded.
Vista was fucken retarded...it kept shadow or ghost files of all images files using up grips of memory space. I got rid of that piece of honeysuckle too.lol

All the negative honeysuckle people say. I have a firewall. Filtering out meaningless bullshit.
I have thousands of junk e-mails. I delete those ******* as I go. Sometimes I'll set it to JUNK...so it automatically gose into the junk bullshit file.

My brain is more powerful than any PC in the world. a couple 1000 junk e-mails dosnt botter me.
I dont look at them. The only time I see them now it to fucken delete them...Trash in..Trash out.

Life is kind of like a buffet...I take whatever the fresia i want and leave the rest.

I load up grips of "Im a badass son of a *****..if you dont like me...go jump off the mother fucken cliff" files. :p

Thanks for the replies
The negative ones will always stick I think, no matter what. And yes people who care may well get angry and frustrated but how much can they really care when they send out personal insults, deliberately attacking the places they know are the weakest. That doesn't sound like caring to me. And yes Tiina -the sensitive thing is definately an issue!
I like the idea of viewing the locked box of negative thoughts in different ways, such as keeping it locked away. And i love that buffet statement Lonesome Crow!
I think I need to work on either keeping that box locked away rather than inside my mind or emptying it from time to time. Including upgrading my filter!
Thanks for your thoughts.

itsmylife said:
Thanks for the replies
The negative ones will always stick I think, no matter what. And yes people who care may well get angry and frustrated but how much can they really care when they send out personal insults, deliberately attacking the places they know are the weakest. That doesn't sound like caring to me. And yes Tiina -the sensitive thing is definately an issue!
I like the idea of viewing the locked box of negative thoughts in different ways, such as keeping it locked away. And i love that buffet statement Lonesome Crow!
I think I need to work on either keeping that box locked away rather than inside my mind or emptying it from time to time. Including upgrading my filter!
Thanks for your thoughts.

I didnt really come up with these concepts on my own.
I had to learn it from some where.

There's another program simular the brain sync.
It's call the monror institutions. it's a little bit extensive at frist.
It something I should practice daily or weekly
But it veiw negative emotions...as you do.
Stored in a box...bascailly it's ask me to open up my box
of negative emotions...then push it away from me or picture
it as bubbles floating away from me.
Then use an energy conversion...put postive feelings into my box.

I was also attended a workshop many years ago.
The counselours bascailly ask me to relax ...then kind of go
on a balloon ride..back in time to some events that was
cauasing pains or negative emotions.
Then he asked me to forgive everyone and everthing in that event.
Whtever lesson I need to learn..I learned.
Then he asked me to cast away my negative emotions from
my balloon...like a fireball that went into the abyss.

Yeah.. it is so easy to remember the negative for some reason. Maybe writing down your thoughts about what they said, and how it made you feel, may help a bit. It's a way of putting focus on it and getting it off your chest, and you feel a bit better having a release. Sometimes it's easy to believe what the other person is saying if there's a half truth in there, but they really don't know the whole you so they cannot judge you accurately. Nobody can. :) You will feel relief in knowing you didn't snap at them, after they threw insults or their negative energy at you.

Latest posts

Back