Loneliness does not equal Mental Illness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Loneliness equal mental illness

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im waiting for some accurate explanations from others before I decide on whether my already-stated hypothesis may be accurate

You speak like Socrates. Please state again your hypothesis in this Agora. Know yourself !

torontonian said:
Im waiting for some accurate explanations from others before I decide on whether my already-stated hypothesis may be accurate

You have already demonstrated quite well that your preconceived views are all that you will accept as possibly having any validity.

Minus said:
torontonian said:

You have already demonstrated quite well that your preconceived views are all that you will accept as possibly having any validity.

I think the guy has achieved his goal: to be in the center of attention.
He replies like an artificiall intelligence application. Maybe it is.

Minus said:
torontonian said:

RAWR!! lol

Unless someone comes up with anything better than 'I'm a dick' simply because Im pointing out to mentally ill people why they're delusional & thus upsetting them on a forum, there's no reason not to accept my hypothesis because offline, among the non-certifiably insane, I'm not motivated to upset anyone

torontonian said:
Unless someone comes up with anything better than 'I'm a dick' simply because Im pointing out to mentally ill people why they're delusional & thus upsetting them on a forum, there's no reason not to accept my hypothesis because offline, among the non-certifiably insane, I'm not motivated to upset anyone

I see. Your theory is true until proven otherwise.

torontonian said:

Do you think there are mentally ill people on this forum? Can you tell me how old are you?

PashaSelim, check out my thread in the Social Problems sub-forum & see how many admit to it, including Ledchick. Minus, all I'm saying is that the accusations leveled at me on the forum are peculiar to the forum for reasons stated in Reply26. Besides, my hypothesis isnt impossible, just unlikely but still a possibility, both a blessing & a curse

torontonian said:
PashaSelim, check out my thread in the Social Problems sub-forum & see how many admit to it, including Ledchick.

Maybe some of them are too hard with themselves. Others want to laugh at their foibles (even Gods and Lonesome Crow do :p You see I made a joke. Do you ever smile?). I suffer from an emotional disorder but I am not mentally ill. My psycologist told me my mind is much over average, but I suffer because of other issues (regarding affectivity). And can you speak like an human being not a machine (altough intelligent? :)) Why don't you tell me how old are you?

Pasha Selim said:
Please state again your hypothesis in this Agora.

That would be a good idea.

No, I don't agree that loneliness and mental illness are mandatory bedfellows but there are a few points of overlap. Mental illness can discourage others from sharing your company and also, if you are suffering a mental illness without the support and attention of others, there's a high chance that the deterioration will go on for much longer before something is done about it.

It is also too easy to confuse the natural frustration and heartache of seperation anxiety for a medical disorder.

Who was it that said

I would much rather be insane and know it, than sane and have my doubts.....
bwhahahahahaha

I just love you guys!!!

do you think Stephen Hawking is lonely? He is trapped in a body that is trapped in a mind that is trapped inside an insanely intelligent brain that cannot ever communicate effectively? Yet he is not mentally ill? You know the man has to be lonely! You know iT!
Just random thoughts from the edge.....
you know us lonely mentally unstable lonely people with psychosis that keep us from being normal.....lol

You know what just struck me....it is just a human thing to be lonely....it is just a human trait to be lonely......simple as that!

Pasha Selim said:
Minus said:
torontonian said:

I think the guy has achieved his goal: to be in the center of attention.
He replies like an artificiall intelligence application. Maybe it is.

RFLMAO! Artificial, yes. Intelligent? I don't think so. Takes more than verbage to be intelligent.

torontonian said:
PashaSelim, check out my thread in the Social Problems sub-forum & see how many admit to it, including Ledchick.

Yeah.. yeah, blah... blah. Have you finished jerking off yet? We are tired of the diseased crap spilling out of your mouth on the forum D*ck head. BTW, wasnt nice of you to mention Ledchick's name like that.
No one is more arrogant toward women, more aggressive or scornful, than the man who is anxious about his virility. -Simone de Beauvoir

This post was last modified: Today 08:24 AM by Minus.

Minus, c'mon. :( It was just a guy in a full size penis suit....lol Technically, it was a halloween costume. I thought it was a rather fitting example. oh wait...I have an idea. Is this better? It's a "weenie" head and therefore left up to the interpretation of the reader to define what a weenie means to them....lol Or it could be a penis pretending to be a hot dog. I dunnoh.

Hotdog-Costume-22766.jpg

^^^^^LmaO

It depends on the invidual and circumstance. You can't throw a blanket over everyone or anyone.
mmm or a rubber suit.

FFS...Nalee. That's cold, woman.
I don't wanna be wrapping or unwrapping myself. :(

Seriousy though...fresia that shame honeysuckle.
I'm not ashame of admitting I have problems. It is in that light that I stopped being an egotistic arrogant prick i once was.
honeysuckle man...I used to have all the answers too.lol
I work a simple program designed for complicated intelligent poeple.lmao
Errrrrr ?!? Step #2 ..."to be restored to sanity "
Evidently I don't think I'm stupid...so i must be Nucken Futz.
Then again..it's a fine line between being a genius and a loonatic.
I like to walk on edge of being a genius on a tuesday. Life is more fun being crazy :p

ledchick said:
You know what just struck me....it is just a human thing to be lonely....it is just a human trait to be lonely......simple as that!

It depends...on the indiviual's state of being.
Monks or Saints spend a lot of time alone...they find peace or sulitude.

Trying to live a balance life is hard for everyone living in a busy society.
Everyone need a time out or time alone to sort things out, gather oneself, or recharge.

For me...loniness is simply just a feeling or something I'll go through
from time to time...just as I'll have feelings of happiness from time
to time. Once I see it in that light...it takes the overwhelming power
or shame out of it.

I'm learning how to let go of my feelings...I'll feel them but I don't
hang on to them. I also let go of my happiness.
This too shall pass...it all passes.

Lets said i hold to happiness all the time...but not everyday is
going to be rosie. If i do that...I might think there's something
wrong with me if I'm not happy all the time or if i feel sad sometimes.
In other words...I'm a recoverying perfectionist too..lmao

Yes...we all can get into various habits or triats.
We are humans...we are creature of habits.

torontonian said:

In other words, he's scared he will get his ass kicked if he runs his mouth IN FRONT of someone. Yup, a coward. Just like he admitted hiding his girlfriends when mommy and daddy came around. Jesus Christ, Toronto, go change your drawers or stop shitting yourself and grow a pair.

Latest posts

Back