Loneliness does not equal Mental Illness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Loneliness equal mental illness

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Naleena said:
torontonian said:
Unless someone comes up with anything better than 'I'm a dick' simply because Im pointing out to mentally ill people why they're delusional & thus upsetting them on a forum, there's no reason not to accept my hypothesis because offline, among the non-certifiably insane, I'm not motivated to upset anyone

In other words, he's scared he will get his ass kicked if he runs his mouth IN FRONT of someone. Yup, a coward. Just like he admitted hiding his girlfriends when mommy and daddy came around. Jesus Christ, Toronto, go change your drawers or stop shitting yourself and grow a pair.

ROFL I gotta agree with that Nal LOOOOL

Sanal said:
Naleena said:
torontonian said:
Unless someone comes up with anything better than 'I'm a dick' simply because Im pointing out to mentally ill people why they're delusional & thus upsetting them on a forum, there's no reason not to accept my hypothesis because offline, among the non-certifiably insane, I'm not motivated to upset anyone

In other words, he's scared he will get his ass kicked if he runs his mouth IN FRONT of someone. Yup, a coward. Just like he admitted hiding his girlfriends when mommy and daddy came around. Jesus Christ, Toronto, go change your drawers or stop shitting yourself and grow a pair.

ROFL I gotta agree with that Nal LOOOOL

mmm becuase off line people say "fresia off" with a capital fucken F ?

delusional

FFS what do you do think a hypostisis is ?
it's a god **** delusion you're projecting from your fucken mind. honeysuckle that gose in your mind is all delusions.

Oh wait, I forgot. I'm under educated and not intelligent....I have to use different words from hypostisis.
"your opinion".....

She already acknowleged she has bi polar.
FFS...what are you trying to inform or educate her that she dosn't already knows or is aware of ?

yes..yes..YOU'RE FUCKEN RIGHT...now what ?

There is understanding and compassion, however.
You simply havn't walked in her shoes, lived her life or know what that is.
How do you feel about this concept ?

Read carefully...I wrote, how do you feel..... not what you think.

It depends actually. Just like Lonsome Crow said. Everything depends on people and situations. Mental illness doesn't make you stupid, just ill. There are seek people people with fobies, and some fobies make them want or force to be lonely. Though even in that case someone could drag him from there.
From what I saw most of poeple lonely because of their seekness. Depression, anxiety, etc are metally illness, saying it in the case if someone don't know it already.

Post43, Naleena, I hid my GF from my folks because she was a fatty and you're justified in holding that against me but to claim that my not provoke sane people offline 'proves' I'm a coward is an irrational inference, whereas infering your hatred of men on by you quoting femminist Beauvoir is not so farfetched

torontonian said:
Post43, Naleena, I hid my GF from my folks because she was a fatty and you're justified in holding that against me but to claim that my not provoke sane people offline 'proves' I'm a coward is an irrational inference, whereas infering your hatred of men on by you quoting femminist Beauvoir is not so farfetched

Hiding your girlfriend makes you a coward in my book. Utterly despicable.

torontonian said:

Oswald? Is that you?

torontonian said:

She doesn't hate men, just YOU apparently. :)

torontonian said:

Are we playing psychologist again, Dr. Dickless? Thanks for that PM btw...lol And that comment above is what you refer to as "bitchslapping" me? I'm a lot tougher than you think and I didn't resort to sending you a PM ...I said what I thought in front of everyone...COWARD. And yes, admitting to keeping your mouth shut in front of someone who could whip your ass and doing your evil where no one can reach you is being cowardly. Jesus Christ, I smell honeysuckle coming from you. Is it your drawers again or the honeysuckle coming out your mouth?

Naleena said:
torontonian said:

Are we playing psychologist again, Dr. Dickless? Thanks for that PM btw...lol And that comment above is what you refer to as "bitchslapping" me? I'm a lot tougher than you think and I didn't resort to sending you a PM ...I said what I thought in front of everyone...COWARD.

it's true toronto :O

i once winked at her and she ripped my arm off...i hope 1 day to get it back

p.s protip: don't arguez with ALL ppl, you won't win....

p.s.s 2nd protip: grow penis...it'll help u in life

lmao spare

Spare said:
torontonian said:

Oswald? Is that you?

FOR ME:

Loneliness DEFINITELY leads to mental illness.

Too much generalization going on.

Mental illness is a term that covers a broad spectrum of conditions that interfere with an individuals powers of rational judgement.
This criteria includes substance dependancy, personality disorders, developmental disabilities, psychosis and compulsive behaviour. These are radically seperate problems and although it's easy to see how some of them could lead to one becoming ostrasized there are a couple on the list that virtually negate the possibility.

For example, an "industrial psycopath" is often a very difficult creature to pinpoint and expose because one of the classical traits of this character type is a ability to blend in and engender trust and popularity. In fact, the only thing that really seperates such a person from being a conventional member of society is a pathological disregard for the consequences that their decisions may heap on others. There is often speculation on whether or not this this is the mould from which many highly prosperous buisnessmen (media moguls corperate leaders etc) are cast.

On the other end of the scale, consider a Down's Syndrome sufferer, one for the sake of this topic that is a victim of the associated mental symptoms. Provided that their basic needs are facilitated by a caring benefactor, is there any concrete evidence that they are conciously lonely simply as a result of their condition?

The point I am stumbling towards is this, shouldn't the real question be; what types of mental illness can stem from loneliness and in turn, what type of behavioral problems lead to isolation? Finally of course, once the conclusions have been made manifest; what are the best steps towards solving these problems?

Not all lonely people are mentally ill.
Some mental health problems can cause loneliness. Other people do not understand/cannot cope with them so the person becomes isolated. However there are plenty of sane people who for one reason or another are lonely.
Doesn't mean any of them will be lonely forever.

torontonian said:
Blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah-blah blah blah blah. Blaaaaah blah blah blah blah blah blah! blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah? Blah blah blah blah 'Blaaaaaah' blah blah ...blah.

You know what...i think i actually get his POV now.. :D

Latest posts

Back