Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SadRabbit

Reaction score
Once again is it me, or do I feel All Lonely is changing fast, so fast that I don't know anyone here anymore. Much so, though I do come here daily to read some of the threads, but I begin to find this place so cold, so foreign. Well, I guess its me really.

i feel the same to be honest, tho i dont really post alot so its my own fault lol but yeah i think its changed since some of the regular people left a while ago. I still read the threads and can relate to things, it just seems different now.

How long have you been a member? Longer than I have obviously, but I have found that the people here have been very friendly. I know that when you're really down though everything can seem cold and distant as it filters through what we are feeling. I know with the holidays here I begin to feel worse than normal (if that's possible) and sometimes the warmth that people offer doesn't get through. I wish I had some advice for you.

I think so too....and sadly too, we don't keep in contact much...Sad =(

Really? Looks pretty much alive to me.

Some of the old members remain a constant, others are replaced by new ones. It's a cycle characteristic of all forums, which isn't really a bad thing. Any forum needs 'fresh blood', or else it would eventually wither and stew in its own juices. I joined almost a year ago but it still looks like a pretty welcoming place.

Every forum goes through this. Original regulators come, some leave due to forum drama, much heartfelt losses and complaining commence, more drama, some old regulars return, some drop in and drop out, then there is calm for a while. Repeat ad nauseum.

Forums grow and change. This one has survived for quite some time (judging by the archives ;) ), and has even grown. That's a testament to a strong community. Things are cyclical as Unacceptance stated.

I think it's good that more people find the forum, because that's more people that could possibly find comfort or solutions to their problems. It means more insight for those of us that are already here. Some will come and become new 'regulars', others will make 2 or 3 posts and leave. At the end of the day, it's just new potential friends...but people have to stay in touch with those friends.

As for a lack of keeping contact, my guess is that should be expected. Pretty much -all- I see anyone saying is "Oh yeah. Anyone can email me or send a PM anytime, always free to talk blah blah". That's all fine to say, but after we submit a post like that we need to find someone else saying the same thing and actually click on the PM Button ;) People can't be shy to initiate first contact! If all we ever do is welcome the communication of others, and never actually ATTEMPT communication, we'll never know anybody. Like a bunch of microphones without a band. Like two slices of bread saying 'come to me, sandwich ingredients. Make us a sandwich.' We have to stop being the bread, and start being the cheese and tomato and lettuce and turkey.

Then there's people who's names I won't mention, with their pompous 'I wont make an ass out of myself by sending the first PM on a forum' attitudes. It's no wonder to me that those types are lonely because they might as well -want- to be lonely. But that's another boggle.

Haha, I am one of those assess you speak of. Yeah, just like to point out that I can't seem to catch up with changes thats all. And anyway, the pals that I made here ...4 actually... none of the friendship lasted for a month. It usually ended like this, I email them, they reply me...and subsequently, I get no replies.. which brings me to a point now, I can't really bother replying to people who email me here. Not worth the effort, I say. Sorry to sound like a jerk.

SadRabbit said:
Haha, I am one of those assess you speak of. Yeah, just like to point out that I can't seem to catch up with changes thats all. And anyway, the pals that I made here ...4 actually... none of the friendship lasted for a month. It usually ended like this, I email them, they reply me...and subsequently, I get no replies.. which brings me to a point now, I can't really bother replying to people who email me here. Not worth the effort, I say. Sorry to sound like a jerk.

It OK SadRabbit, I'm sometime the same way. I only write to people who I trust and knowing they would reply back to me, it just part of life I guess. But yes this forum has been cold a long while ago, not just recently. However if is far from dead and still the most active forum for lonely people on the net, and trust me I check!

I got news for yours. This forum is as its always been. Its not the kinder forum where a lot of the same ppl stay. I have found here we get a lot of new members Jone but a lot move on quite fast again. I don't know why that is. Maybe its cos they only felt down for a little while. I hope its that anyway. But on any forum you always get ppl asking this question. ppl well come and ppl well go.

As for me, I got nowhere else to go. So I Guss you'll all stuck with me :p

((((((((((((((((((SadRabbit))))))))))))))))))))))))
I know what you mean as far as new people. I have been gone a little while and there are a lot of them. Look at it as a blessing and an opportunity to meet new people. Some will stay and others will go. It's the time of the year I think.
More hugs to warm a poor Rabbit up.
((((((((((((((((((((((((Sad Rabbit))))))))))))))))))
((((Sad Rabbit)))))) (((((((((((((((((((Sad Rabbit))))))))))))))))))

And last , but not least is what every little Sad Rabbit needs, a kiss on his furry little the forehead and a nice hot bowl of carrot soup.

Latest posts

Back