Lonely in Pennsylvania

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody, my name is Brittney and I am 28 years old. I have been truly blessed with friends, a job I love, a house and cats I can come home to, and a family that loves me, but I am missing something more. I also have (at least a bit) of depression, I guess passed on from my mom's side of the family.

I have been pretty lonely for a few months now... was not sure what to do to help it. I looked into dating sites but so many of them seem to be scams in some way!! I have always enjoyed message boards throughout my life (mainly car or motorcycle ones) so I thought about google-ing message boards for lonely people... did it and here I am!

Back in 2010 I finally figured out that I am a lesbian. I tried telling my parents but they (of course) did NOT take it well. The only way I could get them to talk to me again was to say I made a mistake and it would never happen again. I never ever want to hurt them again but I feel a bit of awful every day that I cannot be my true self around them.

Anyway, back to the positives! I would love to chat with anyone really... I am honest, down to earth, and pretty laid back. I love cars and motorcycles, sunshine, animals and (it may sound silly) but I love to make people smile and laugh and feel good about themselves!

I guess that's about it for now, send me a message if you'd like to chat or reply here... I like the feeling of this site so far and am glad I found it!! :D

Welcome Brittney! Sorry to hear what happened with your parents. The site's a nice place, I hope you'll enjoy being here. See you around :)

Hey Brittney, welcome to the forum. I certainly hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Thank you so much everybody!! I will certainly try out the chat room sometime :)

It makes me feel a bit better inside knowing a place like this exists... this can be such a cold and in-sensitive world (especially the internet) and it is nice to find this safe-zone.

Welcome Brittney! Im new here too.. I like it a lot so far, hope you do too :D

SixtiesSamantha said:
Hello and thank you mintymint and Dandelion!

@Dandelion, I love the sayings in your signature... they are very true :)

Thank you! I like yours too :)

Latest posts

Back