lonely is the new in thing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fightclub

Reaction score
Maybe we are meant to be lonely a product of modern life dysfunctional families society etc. Maybe if we except a solitary life we could be happy and just accept it, I think this is where I am, for the time being. I cant be arsed thinking about it anymore life is what it is for some its amazing for others a bit of a let down, that’s life, and getting wound up about it is just a waste of your time. Why not look at good things you have in your life and be happy like thank fook I haven’t got a girl friend who nags about keeping the house tidy all the time or whatever or looking good or having a cool personality. Maybe being lonely is the new in thing and all the popular people are going to start standing round in corners at parties alone. Most of the people I have come across who are popular are just false fcukers who have no real friends just a ream of people who feed of each other and *****. So here is to saying fook you to being part of the in crowd go fook yourself you bunch of bankers.

fightclub said:
Maybe we are meant to be lonely a product of modern life dysfunctional families society etc. Maybe if we except a solitary life we could be happy and just accept it, I think this is where I am, for the time being. I cant be arsed thinking about it anymore life is what it is for some its amazing for others a bit of a let down, that’s life, and getting wound up about it is just a waste of your time. Why not look at good things you have in your life and be happy like thank fook I haven’t got a girl friend who nags about keeping the house tidy all the time or whatever or looking good or having a cool personality. Maybe being lonely is the new in thing and all the popular people are going to start standing round in corners at parties alone. Most of the people I have come across who are popular are just false fcukers who have no real friends just a ream of people who feed of each other and *****. So here is to saying fook you to being part of the in crowd go fook yourself you bunch of bankers.

Yes, exactly

I believe that we're all different. Some are happy alone some are happy with a crowd, and some like something in between.

Some have shallow friendships, some have fulfilling ones; I think it would be very unaccurate to judge someone's friendships just by looking at them and how they behave.

In the end, pursue what your most happy with. Friendship is a natural thing, literally everyone has it; it's not hard, all you have to do is talk with people!

A guy friend of mine was talking about how boring it is to see the same person every day ... I don't actually believe this for a minute, this is a guy who spent his 50th birthday waiting for a bus, but I did consider it and I felt a lot better with the burden of constantly looking at my lack of connections lifted. So I guess yeah .. if you're poor, thinking about money is just going to hurt, and if you're friendless, wishing you weren't will also.

oopsiedoop said:
A guy friend of mine was talking about how boring it is to see the same person every day ... I don't actually believe this for a minute, this is a guy who spent his 50th birthday waiting for a bus, but I did consider it and I felt a lot better with the burden of constantly looking at my lack of connections lifted. So I guess yeah .. if you're poor, thinking about money is just going to hurt, and if you're friendless, wishing you weren't will also.

Probably falls back to the fact that people always want what they think they can't have.

I just give up I am just not good with people I don't want to be like this but I am what I am and getting back to it dwelling as your brain is programmed do on all your failures will just make you down and you will never move on. My brain loves to dwell on negative past so I now have a reek of positive stuff to throw back and tell my head to shut up. The worst thing is due to my ADHD I just don't Pick up social cues I can't build relations I can't even do conversations, but that's that.

Nah, I think I'm lonley becose of me. Yes, there is somethinmg up w/ this messed up society but it's mostly mehh...

Yes people with lots of "friends" annoy me too.

As a kid, my best friend would have lots of friends, even an adult hippie... it always fascinated me how sociable he was. I was the opposite... had few friends, but closer friends.

I ran into him 3 years ago, he looked succesfull. Had a job as a sales man, a huge salary, nice car, nice suit... but he's house was a mess, full of dishes, bottles, dirt... and a huge pile of ashes in the coffe talbe, surrounded by papers with marihuana drawings on them... he walked and move extremely fast, and this seemed natural to him. It was obvious he was on drugs, and not pot, something more "chamical" I'd think. He talked to me about the girls he messed and show me pics on the pc... I envied him for that... he refered to one of them as his acutal "semen deposit"... Then he said I could join to one of his parties... I said yes, we said goodbye, that's the last time I saw him.

fightclub said:
The worst thing is due to my ADHD I just don't Pick up social cues I can't build relations I can't even do conversations, but that's that.

You may be wrong regarding your lack of social skills. ADHD is not synonymous with autism and autistic traits, however it does make a life harder. You seem to be a deeply self-aware individual, which leads me to the conclusion that you must also be aware of people around and of their feelings. You're too harsh to yourself in my opinion. Interacting with others is always complicated and not always successful. I fail everyday and feel lonely most of the time.

Loneliness is the new "in" thing. There's more and more articles and new reports on it, and people doing survey's that claim X is becoming more lonely as they get old or whatever. Texting and social networking are isolating us to our little boxes comprised of circuit boards and wiring, instead of actual physical human contact.

Sci-Fi said:
Loneliness is the new "in" thing. There's more and more articles and new reports on it, and people doing survey's that claim X is becoming more lonely as they get old or whatever. Texting and social networking are isolating us to our little boxes comprised of circuit boards and wiring, instead of actual physical human contact.

This is very true.

Also, the whole new culture of "Let's get so drunk we're actually comatose" (at least here in Britain) really seems to alienate those who don't like doing that sort of thing.

I actually feel like being a sensible, moral person is making my life unbearably shitty a lot of the time, which to me is not a good indication of where society is heading.

@SBL I c the link with ADHD & autism, I get that anyone can have issues and I sure ain't wanting to be in competion but I am just pants with people more than avrg Joe.

On the general point I have been told in some parts of Japan they have like coaches you can hire as isolation is such a problem.

Latest posts

Back