lonely loser

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alonerly

Reaction score
feeling extra lonely tonight. I think all I need in this life is just one person to love and love me back. that's all I need, but it's like hell trying to find it. I'm too afraid of rejection, so I don't even try. It hurts to know you're not anyone's type. I'm such a loser. What happens to people like me in the end?

One person can make a world of difference. All to often that seems totally out of reach. I am sure you are someones "type". Where those people may be, i couldn't say. Hopefully you find each other some day.

Welcome alonerly

i am going to echo what minus said and tell you that I am sure there is SOMEBODY that will like you. But if you never try you'll never find that person. So ...you'll have to brave rejection to find someone :).

welcome to the forum. (((((((((alonerly))))))))

alonerly said:
feeling extra lonely tonight. I think all I need in this life is just one person to love and love me back. that's all I need, but it's like hell trying to find it. I'm too afraid of rejection, so I don't even try. It hurts to know you're not anyone's type. I'm such a loser. What happens to people like me in the end?

Honestly i feel you completly. Like for example, all my life all i wanted was love. And i too am afraid of rejection so much i avoid girls completely. Now it jus seems like i'll never find it, kinda gave up and i learned to never get my hopes up. I couldnt take another heart break, if i gotta die alone than its jus my fate.

to give up and not try is choose and accept being lonely forever.

Nothing is given in life, you need to earn it, you need to take risks. If you never risk anything, youl never get anything.

Funny, I found love when I gave up looking. I think *when* I gave up looking, I gave up some of my ways that frightened women off...

Having a "devil may care" attitude worked better than having a "Needy, want to be loved" sign hanging around my neck like before...

TheCapo said:
alonerly said:

Honestly i feel you completly. Like for example, all my life all i wanted was love. And i too am afraid of rejection so much i avoid girls completely. Now it jus seems like i'll never find it, kinda gave up and i learned to never get my hopes up. I couldnt take another heart break, if i gotta die alone than its jus my fate.
i am also suffering the same way you guys going
i had proposed two girls and all are them just say no to me
even i dont have girlfriends to talked
its just frustating for me
some times seeing the couple makes me jealous
but now i used to such type of feeling
but still i am having hope that one day i will get my partner or may be not
any way watever happen i will face it

You know folks,

I see posts like this here all the time. I used to be there, I understand what it feels like to think that you are no ones type, that you will never find love, or any type of companionship.

If you all choose to give up, then you WILL fail. If you choose to never face rejection, then you choose to never face acceptance. When you get rejected, it hurts. I know this. I have been rejected time and time again! The pain you feel is what is going to help you grow! It is the fire in which your character will be forged.

Face your fears! You will be surprised how strong you really are.

And when you fail...and you will fail...then you will have friends here that will support you and help nurse those wounds, and help you get back on your feet.

TheCapo said:
alonerly said:

Hey OP I send you a pm. But yeah I'm in the same shoe as you TheCapo, I can't take rejection well, in fact I rather be alone than rejected. I'm too sensitive, well unless a girl ask me out first:rolleyes:

Oh and Grundel70 I don't think everyone is the same, and I know there are people who are in their 40's and 50's who have never had a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband.

We are all capable of love and of being loved; the key is confidence. If you say to yourself, "I'm a loner and a loser, no one will ever love me" then it becomes a self-fulfiling prophesy. If you are confident in who you are - regardless of how many friends you have - then people will recognize that and gravitate to it. I know it sounds tough, but it is true.

Chris 2 said:
TheCapo said:
alonerly said:

Hey OP I send you a pm. But yeah I'm in the same shoe as you TheCapo, I can't take rejection well, in fact I rather be alone than rejected. I'm too sensitive, well unless a girl ask me out first:rolleyes:

Oh and Grundel70 I don't think everyone is the same, and I know there are people who are in their 40's and 50's who have never had a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband.

So let me ask you people this. Do you want to be lonely until your 40's and 50's or do you want to know companionship?

I am not trying to be difficult, or try to lessen anyone's pain. I totally understand pain, understand fear. I am going through that right now. there is something that is causing me a great deal of pain, confusion, and sadness that I KNOW what to do to fix it...I am just afraid to. I am afraid of how much it will hurt.

But i must face that fear. If i don't, then I will never be able to move on.

I also know rejection all too well. I get rejected ALOT. It hurts so bad, I know this.

However, I have to make that choice. Just like all of you. I can't say that you need to face your fears. I know that if you do, you will be better for them. but I can't make anyone do so. I can only try and offer you all some advice from my own personal experience.

Here are some things to think about.

1. If you talk to a girl and she doesn't want anything to do with you I promise you that you are NOT the first guy in the world to have that happen to them. It happens.

2. Fear cannot hurt you. It can only affect your actions.

3. Courage cannot exist if you are not afraid. Anyone can do something they like to do, or are not afraid of. Those that do things inspite of their fear...those are the ones that grow.

I know the bitter sting of loneliness. I know what it is to cry myself to sleep. I know what it is to feel hopeless. All I am trying to do is help you guys out!

It just comes down to choice. What do you want? Once you decide what it is that you want, are you willing to do what it takes to get it?

DOn't mean to sound preachy. I love you guys! I will always do what I can to cheer someone up and offer help. There is far too much hatred in this world. I would rather love someone than hate them, no matter what emotion was returned back to me.

Thanks for all the positive encouraging responses. The funny thing is, some of you say if I stop looking someone will find me, and others tell me to try harder :p
I have tried putting myself out there, don't get me wrong. The last 2 times I put myself out there, I've been rejected, and I think what makes it worse is, I'm a girl. I don't go out much because I don't like it so I never have any real chances to meet people, and when I do meet someone I'm interested in, I'm just never good enough. My situation just seems hopeless.

No, the *key* to my post is that *when* I stopped looking, the way I acted around *others* changed. I didn't look at every social situation as a chance to be rejected.

I didn't care. I wasn't looking for someone. I just talked for the sake of talking. And it impressed somebody, because suddenly I found myself flirting (without caring *if* I was misreading and that I might be rejected).

And Grundel70 - keep up those excellent posts. I hope you find the courage to resolve your issues... or look for alternatives...

PM me if you need to, I'm just a little older than you.

alonerly said:
Thanks for all the positive encouraging responses. The funny thing is, some of you say if I stop looking someone will find me, and others tell me to try harder :p
I have tried putting myself out there, don't get me wrong. The last 2 times I put myself out there, I've been rejected, and I think what makes it worse is, I'm a girl. I don't go out much because I don't like it so I never have any real chances to meet people, and when I do meet someone I'm interested in, I'm just never good enough. My situation just seems hopeless.

Here a little hug from me.

Your situation is not hopeless.I found it hard to make friends but I think we just need to take the initiative to talk to other people.

This is to the OP and ANYONE in the same situation. I have been there and to a certain extent still am. You want love and acceptance from some one...anyone...well you are forgetting the most important person...YOU! Why the heck should anyone love you if you cannot love yourself? That is not something I am saying to be callous or mean, but you have to accept who you are, who you want to be, and where you want to go for other people to see it. A piece of gold buried deep within the Earth shines no less than the one in your hand, but it's shimmer is obscured by the dirt and rock. It is not an easy road and if it was everyone would be happy. You must FIGHT tooth and nail for any happiness you want. Take the power away from rejection and live in the moment. Join a few dating sites and toss a message to every person you have interest in. I cannot promise they will respond but if anything else, with each message you will gain confidence and toughen yourself up with every rejection. It is difficult to start but easy to maintain. Go in with the attitude of not giving a rats ass. If some random yahoo doesn't like your stuff, guess what? There are MILLIONS of others! Long and the short of it is love yourself and you will find the love of other much easier to obtain.

I wish you the best of Luck and Happy Hunting
Tony

P.S- It occurs to me this is a very much dead thread and so I apologize for that

alonerly said:

I sort of feel the same way at times....

grundel70 said:
Chris 2 said:
TheCapo said:
alonerly said:

So let me ask you people this. Do you want to be lonely until your 40's and 50's or do you want to know companionship?

I am not trying to be difficult, or try to lessen anyone's pain. I totally understand pain, understand fear. I am going through that right now. there is something that is causing me a great deal of pain, confusion, and sadness that I KNOW what to do to fix it...I am just afraid to. I am afraid of how much it will hurt.

But i must face that fear. If i don't, then I will never be able to move on.

I also know rejection all too well. I get rejected ALOT. It hurts so bad, I know this.

However, I have to make that choice. Just like all of you. I can't say that you need to face your fears. I know that if you do, you will be better for them. but I can't make anyone do so. I can only try and offer you all some advice from my own personal experience.

Here are some things to think about.

1. If you talk to a girl and she doesn't want anything to do with you I promise you that you are NOT the first guy in the world to have that happen to them. It happens.

2. Fear cannot hurt you. It can only affect your actions.

3. Courage cannot exist if you are not afraid. Anyone can do something they like to do, or are not afraid of. Those that do things inspite of their fear...those are the ones that grow.

I know the bitter sting of loneliness. I know what it is to cry myself to sleep. I know what it is to feel hopeless. All I am trying to do is help you guys out!

It just comes down to choice. What do you want? Once you decide what it is that you want, are you willing to do what it takes to get it?

DOn't mean to sound preachy. I love you guys! I will always do what I can to cheer someone up and offer help. There is far too much hatred in this world. I would rather love someone than hate them, no matter what emotion was returned back to me.

You are one seriously astute and on point poster, Grundel

I sure hope you can overcome whatever problem it is you have going there.

There are some truly wise folk on here. On the downside though, it makes me feel less intelligent than I pretend to be :club:

You sound like my friend. Welcome to ALL. Don't give up. You'll find someone in time. Just prepare for that :]

Latest posts

Back