Loss of hair

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing to do then, is to shave your head and let yourself grow a manly beard! Minty agrees with me on this.

Dear-_-Tragedy said:
I have been aware that for some time now my hair on the top of my head & fringe have been depleting. I'm trying to come to terms with it but I find it hard when people start reminding me of it with snide remarks. It's not as bad when lads say it because it's more of a bantery thing but when girls say it then it upsets me. The truth hurts but it's nice to know why no girl wants to be with me. ugh I want my hair back :( :(

If a girl is that shallow to only be attracted to someone because of their hair, they're idiots!

I know I don't care whether it's thinning, bald or receding just as long as the guy is happy.

This can be a hormonal problem, I had the same thing but I was lucky enough to treat it quickly. How long since you noticed your loss of hair?

Jenifer said:
This can be a hormonal problem, I had the same thing but I was lucky enough to treat it quickly. How long since you noticed your loss of hair?

Male Pattern Baldness is genetically determined, Dihydrotestosterone is the hormone involved. He can probably halt it by taking Finasteride, particularly as it's in the early stages. Apparently castration also causes hair regrowth :p

My hair is still really thin :( I've been using special shampoo to help it but it isn't working very well yet. It's horrible, a girl said to me yesterday that I look forty (she came out and said it without me asking) then later in the day someone said I looked 35. It's horrible but at least I know why girls aren't very interested in me (I know it's not the main factor for a relationship but it helps)

I feel so depressed because of this.

There's something about the balding process that can make you look quite creepy, aside from the general change in appearance.

This is my number one anxiety producer. I'm going bald and it sucks. I think I got to shave it off because I do try little things to hide it and constantly look in the mirror. Nobody says much to me because I think they can see how embarrassed I am. I hate it so much because my face and head looks really creepy with the balding. Just know your not alone and hopefully girls aren't just trying to make us feel better when some say they like bald men. Haha

I can empathize. I started losing my hair in my late 20's. They say it's like losing a limb, and I was certainly grieving as I realized I was starting to look old. The woman who is right for you won't be bothered by your lack of hair. She will love you for the person you are, and hopefully that works both ways!

I have hair (lots of it) and let me tell you, it made no difference to the ladies. I've lost plenty of potential female affection to guys with a lot less hair, or none at all.

yeh, my ugly receding hairline causes me some anxiety,

whats worse is that I'm getting lots of grey hairs in noticeable patches - I'm 34 with a chubby baby face and short so I've always been mistaken for a child - so this hair thing is something I'm not easily coming to terms with.

it sucks

nondescript said:
yeh, my ugly receding hairline causes me some anxiety,

whats worse is that I'm getting lots of grey hairs in noticeable patches - I'm 34 with a chubby baby face and short so I've always been mistaken for a child - so this hair thing is something I'm not easily coming to terms with.

it sucks

I've been getting grey hair since I was 21. You could always dye it if it makes you uncomfortable or anxious. Or you could just shave your whole head and go bald on purpose. Some like that option more than having receding hairlines.

I had long curly hair and full beard in my 20s
as the top started thinning I cut the back off ...it was long enough that the girl braided it into a foot long pony tail
My wife was not impressed that I just did it
The thinner it got the shorter I keep it

Comb overs look creapy IMO

Hmm, I got receding hairline and rather early hair loss from the paternal side and a high forehead from the maternal side. A deadly combo. But they will never take my beard from me.

I don't have much hair, just at the back and sides.
I don't like the idea of total bald though. I would look hideous.
And then I would have people starring, saying jokes etc.

I enjoy winter time because I can wear my wooly hats and people don't notice.

I'm almost 25 and have been losing it at the back since I was about 22. I have the right head for the skinhead look though so happy to go with that (I like to think I have a fairly similar shaped head to the guy in my DP actually). Women seem to really like the feel of it when they touch as well which is something. It really stung me a lot when I started losing it but I think I'm working through that.

I know how insecure and anxious one can get from the lack of hair or losing a lot of hair. Honestly, I still have a hard time with it myself.

Rodent said:
Hmm, I got receding hairline and rather early hair loss from the paternal side and a high forehead from the maternal side. A deadly combo. But they will never take my beard from me.

Random thought: I have never heard of anyone losing beard hair before. That would be interesting.

ladyforsaken said:
Random thought: I have never heard of anyone losing beard hair before. That would be interesting.

Only through manic barbers ambushing careless strollers in public parks, I hope.

ladyforsaken said:
I know how insecure and anxious one can get from the lack of hair or losing a lot of hair. Honestly, I still have a hard time with it myself.

Rodent said:

It's because with male pattern baldness, you generate excess DHT which damages blood circulation to the scalp which is why the hair loss always occurs there.

Paraiyar said:
ladyforsaken said:

Rodent said:

It's because with male pattern baldness, you generate excess DHT which damages blood circulation to the scalp which is why the hair loss always occurs there.

Not excessive DHT, it's genetics. The follicle cells are programmed to die in the presence of DHT. It's inherited from the maternal side, but women rarely show the symptom of baldness due to lower overall testosterone/DHT.

Latest posts

Back