Loss of hair

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL

A week in Mexico had me shaving every day ...normally I have to shave every other day

I'm female and have shaved my hair due to loosing hair. I've had this problem since I was ten years old. I was referred to a dermatologist and had a biopsy where three tiny sample of skin were taken to check if I had a medical problem. I was later diagnosed with discoid lupus erythematosus (skin condition). I was told yhat my hair will never grow back. I was devastated, but over it now. I'm pretty happy shaving my head and being bald, though I do not expose my head sometimes. At first I was worried that women are always told that hair is part of female beauty and especially in my south Asian culture (the Indian sub-continent).

kuro said:
I'm female and have shaved my hair due to loosing hair. I've had this problem since I was ten years old. I was referred to a dermatologist and had a biopsy where three tiny sample of skin were taken to check if I had a medical problem. I was later diagnosed with discoid lupus erythematosus (skin condition). I was told yhat my hair will never grow back. I was devastated, but over it now. I'm pretty happy shaving my head and being bald, though I do not expose my head sometimes. At first I was worried that women are always told that hair is part of female beauty and especially in my south Asian culture (the Indian sub-continent).

I saw your picture, and you are beautiful the way you are =)

Lacrecia said:
kuro said:

I saw your picture, and you are beautiful the way you are =)

I agree, you do shaved very well. You really are beautiful.

I have been balding since I was 14, thanks to Psoriasis. It's a miracle that I still has hair... even though it's only a few.

I tried to shave it completely several times, but the main problem is that I look exactly like Saitama (One-Punch Man) with a shaved hair.

Solution: I wear (winter) hats. Yes, even on the inside. Sometimes I even wear it when I'm inside, and while it seemed strange first, actually they grew to me and I wear them now as someone wears a cloth - or even more like a specific hairstyle. It made me a bit more recognizable ("The Guy with the Hat"), and boosted my self-esteem incredibly.

Nowadays, I even wear it when I don't have to - I simply don't take it down because it's a part of my style, and even an inside joke among the few of my friends.

So... if anyone has the same problem, you can easily try out hats. At least temporarily. People will know that there is a reason why you wear it - you even know there is that specific reason you were it. But it works. It's not to hide anything - it's to give you the power to reveal the truth for yourself, and others.

gluguy said:
I have been balding since I was 14, thanks to Psoriasis. It's a miracle that I still has hair... even though it's only a few.

I tried to shave it completely several times, but the main problem is that I look exactly like Saitama (One-Punch Man) with a shaved hair.

Solution: I wear (winter) hats. Yes, even on the inside. Sometimes I even wear it when I'm inside, and while it seemed strange first, actually they grew to me and I wear them now as someone wears a cloth - or even more like a specific hairstyle. It made me a bit more recognizable ("The Guy with the Hat"), and boosted my self-esteem incredibly.

Nowadays, I even wear it when I don't have to - I simply don't take it down because it's a part of my style, and even an inside joke among the few of my friends.

So... if anyone has the same problem, you can easily try out hats. At least temporarily. People will know that there is a reason why you wear it - you even know there is that specific reason you were it. But it works. It's not to hide anything - it's to give you the power to reveal the truth for yourself, and others.

Wearing hats is a very good idea. Cheap as well.
I wear woolly hats in winter. This summer I will buy something.
Bald works for some people not everybody.
Losing my hair has ruined my looks. With a full head of hair I would look good. I was unlucky. Both my 2 brothers and my Dad have more hair than me.

I noticed lately that I've been losing hair too. Believe it's from stress, insomnia and depression. I've been fighting with low self esteem most of my whole life. Right now I'm slowly working on my self esteem and doing positive things for myself. Patience is key I believe.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
I noticed lately that I've been losing hair too. Believe it's from stress, insomnia and depression. I've been fighting with low self esteem most of my whole life. Right now I'm slowly working on my self esteem and doing positive things for myself. Patience is key I believe.

Is it Alopecia Areata? Or just hair thinning? Nonetheless, it's more than possibly because of the stress, OR from smoking if you're a smoker.

So far I've been very fortunate not to have thinning hair (my father is bald), but I think if it does start going I'll probably shave it.

I think it looks pretty good shaved short on most guys to be honest, better than combing it over (which can just look a bit desperate if done badly).

I had a friend with alopecia.
She wore wigs. It helped she was into cosplay and already wore them quite a bit.

Though, she's super hot and looked great even completely bald... for someone who isn't conventionally attractive in their features, I can see how they wouldn't feel confident with it.

TheSolitaryMan said:
So far I've been very fortunate not to have thinning hair (my father is bald), but I think if it does start going I'll probably shave it.

I think it looks pretty good shaved short on most guys to be honest, better than combing it over (which can just look a bit desperate if done badly).

For your interest, balding is inherited from the mother side of the family. It doesn't matter if your father is bald, it's your grandfather whose balding (or lack of balding) matters.

Dawn Jellyfish said:
I had a friend with alopecia.
She wore wigs. It helped she was into cosplay and already wore them quite a bit.

Though, she's super hot and looked great even completely bald... for someone who isn't conventionally attractive in their features, I can see how they wouldn't feel confident with it.

I'm pretty sure it's not the features itself, but the lack of an important feature. I mean, even if you'd look BETTER with no hair, the lack of choices and the fact that it was taken away by you (especially if it happened so soon or so sudden) can affect self-esteem.

The thing is with bald women (I'm included) society and media in most societies promote hair being part of a woman's beauty. I'm always pressured to grow my hair, even though I can't grow my hair properly, they seem to think I'll look better. Frowning my hair just makes me have low self esteem. With having a shaved head I don't have to worry about the lack of hat I have on my head and feel more confident.

gluguy said:
TheSolitaryMan said:

For your interest, balding is inherited from the mother side of the family. It doesn't matter if your father is bald, it's your grandfather whose balding (or lack of balding) matters.

My maternal grandfather went bald in his early twenties and his son went bald around the same age. I'm in my early 40s and still have a full head of hair... or would have if I didn't shave it off ;)

Well think a litle to this cancer ,HIv ,blind ,paralized ,wit no legs ,hard deasease ,handicapate etc .Now put this in hair loss with this think ? Well seems that its not so bad ,i know many guys who have blanes and they are very liked by girls

Latest posts

Back