Lost Passport

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've been living here almost a year when today, peculiarly, while sorting through some things at home I found a passport. It's a woman's passport still valid until 2018.

It's a polish woman's passport which makes it more difficult (since I live in the UK), as far as I can tell I can't locate any contact numbers on it, and it's pretty much all in Polish so I have no idea what it says. I have some OCR software on my phone but it fails to recognise particular words since the nature of passports are to put complex patterns all over the place.

I have an old Facebook account I logged into to try and find her by name, but of course she must be one of the 1% of people who don't have one. I tried searching using an array of different information, such as place of birth, combinations of names, and date of birth with no success.

I don't want to hand it to police or anything since they'll simply report it as lost on their "database" system that is pretty much useless, I'd rather physically hand it to her or at least mail it securely. But as of yet I'm having difficulty locating this woman, despite (ironically) having her passport, lol.

I know you want to get it to her. What about the Embassy? Thats who she would contact for a new one, and they might be more likely to look after it, if it saves them some work.

She's probably already reported it lost and obtained a replacement.
Also, how the heck did you wind up with a random woman's passport in your possession? lol

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Also, how the heck did you wind up with a random woman's passport in your possession? lol

-Teresa

Maybe he just found it at a bus station or a coffee shop or a thousand other places. It isn't so hard to believe.

I had another thought, even though she has probably replaced it by now or not. Who owns a passport? Is it the person or the goverment of issue? The embassy would have the means of searching for her better as well.

Every community has a facebook group.You could try searching for the polish group in Uk,look at the members list,maybe post there if it's not too much bother.
You could also try as Serenia suggested at the Embassy or a Consulate,those places are so crowded usually.

Could post it to the Embassy/consulate. Also even if she has applied for a new one, and they get it back to her, she might be grateful to know it hasn't been misued.

SofiasMami said:
She's probably already reported it lost and obtained a replacement.

-Teresa

It was down the back of an old cupboard. I thought about it already being replaced, but then I think what if it hasn't.

I think there's some Polish Embassy in or around Manchester, I was actually planning on going there too at some point so I might make the effort to hand it in there. She's got more chance of picking it up there than handing it into the police or something.

If I lost something like my passport I'd like to believe someone would also do the same.

I realize this is an old thread but is it possible that she lost it on purpose to avoid deportation or something? I have heard that that happens in the U.K sometimes but maybe it isn't the case.

I know I'm sortta late to this party but that embassy thing sounds like a good idea...!!!

So what did you end up doing in the end?
Any local gov authority can handle these kind of things. Stop at a police station.

Latest posts

Back