Love? Oh yeah...that thing.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JustLost

Well here I am again on the Lonely Life Forum, bitching about being single and lonely AGAIN!

The longest relationship I ever had lasted six years. That ended over five years ago. I've dated once since then and that was only for three weeks or so. I'll be 37 next month. If it wasn't for the fact that I think God is mocking me, I would join the priesthood.

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person. I'm in pretty good shape and don't look my age. I'm capable of tying my own shoes and eating with my mouth closed. Yet, I continue to see beautiful women with men that can accomplish neither of these feats. Here I sit with all the shoe tying prowess of a deity...rejected and alone. Yes ladies, I *am* the lonely god of perfectly tied shoes.

I know love exists, because I've experienced it. I often wish I hadn't, simply for the fact that I miss it so much and am unable to find it again. I've tried online dating, Myspace...prety much everything short of hanging out in the middle of traffic wearing a big sign that says "LOVE ME", without much success.

For those of you who are younger than I am (which I expect is most of you) take heart in the fact that things could be worse. There is nothing more terrifying than rapidly approaching 40 and realizing you have no one.

My only question is; how many women have You actually talked to the last five years, besides that date?

This is a fear that i have i am only 16 now but i fear i will be lonely the rest of my life i hope everything works out for you ^_^

It has too....

Robin said:
My only question is; how many women have You actually talked to the last five years, besides that date?

Quite a few, it's just that every one I meet seems to either be married or has a boyfriend. I don't know where the single people are being kept, but apparently it's not anywhere near me.

It's a stupid situation. I gripe a lot about it, but it's not my fault every woman within a 100 mile radius had a boyfriend surgically grafted to them at birth.

37 and capable of tying your own shoes. WOW! Am impressed lol

I hear you dude. Am like 33 and well I have kinder lost all hope that I well fined someone. It dose get moor difficult the older you get.

Its like when I do meet someone its just such a huge effort to go out. And its like that girls well not like me.

There is this girl that Ive seen around almost my hole life and we kinder have always seen each other around and I just added her to my face book and she accepted me and on there I can see that she is single. I think maybe if I ask her out to watch a film or go for a drink she may say yes. But am like I cert be bothered and I don't really fancy her and blardy ber bler. Do you think you stop looking at girls like that after so long.

I do see my self to be alone as an old man. I am 7 years of 40 and when I rich the big 4,0 that well not just be a land mark to being 40 but a land mark that says I have lived alone for half my life :( This really dose saddens me. The problem is I have no idea what I am after anymore. I wont company but am not bothered about spending that time with anyone I can think of.

You see when I was working I would get to know the girls there then one thing would led to another and be for I know it I was dating. Now I don't have work and its hard to get motivated to just ask some random girl on a date. She must like me enough to add me. Cos she did. but I think maybe she is as shy as me as she and me have not even messages one another lol Its easy when your young cos you got mates giving it some he/she fancies you and then next minuet your being egged on to ask for a kiss or something lol All this grown up honeysuckle is a right old drag.

Anyway if I get to the bit 4,0 and I still on my own all be joining the priesthood with you lol just to get an inside idea on what God is ******* about with nice guys like us for lol

ow sorry for the ramble man. tis not where I wonted it to go.. just kinder happened that way.

Bluey said:
I hear you dude. Am like 33 and well I have kinder lost all hope that I well fined someone. It dose get moor difficult the older you get.

It does get more difficult the older you get. I do not want to live the rest of my days alone. I think if I knew that was going to be the case, I'd rather just die right now. It's that important to me.

Bluey said:
You see when I was working I would get to know the girls there then one thing would led to another and be for I know it I was dating. Now I don't have work and its hard to get motivated to just ask some random girl on a date. She must like me enough to add me. Cos she did. but I think maybe she is as shy as me as she and me have not even messages one another lol Its easy when your young cos you got mates giving it some he/she fancies you and then next minuet your being egged on to ask for a kiss or something lol All this grown up honeysuckle is a right old drag.

I have a hard time just going up to a random girl and talking to her out of the blue. I really wouldn't know what to say.

The only two women I even remotely had any interest in here at work have boyfriends. Pretty much every woman in this company is either married or attached in some way. I don't really go anywhere else except here and home, so I basically have no options. The bars and clubs around here are pretty scary, so that won't work. Plus, I've never been much of a drinker anyway. There's just no place for guys like me to go.

Bluey said:
ow sorry for the ramble man. tis not where I wonted it to go.. just kinder happened that way.

Not a problem...thanks for the response.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to find someone else yet. I really can't imagine why either, just reading your posts makes me think "this guy sounds like a really nice person!". Anyways, I don't have much to add besides "don't give up hope!". :)

Personally, I would just be really happy if I at least had some close friends. But hey, that's another story. ;)

I'm sorry, at least you're not married and still feeling lonely :/ Now that's a depressing feeling!

hollybeary said:
I'm sorry, at least you're not married and still feeling lonely :/ Now that's a depressing feeling!

Yea I can imagine that if your marred and still feel lonely in a way it can be weirs. I mean in a sense your not physical lonely but still if your lonely in a mental way that is what matters. My Guss is most ppl well think that your not lonely cos your marred where as in fact from reading some people's posts on here and in another place I visit where your at can be one of the most isolating placers to be.

BTW welcome here.

Terminus said:
I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to find someone else yet. I really can't imagine why either, just reading your posts makes me think "this guy sounds like a really nice person!". Anyways, I don't have much to add besides "don't give up hope!". :)

Personally, I would just be really happy if I at least had some close friends. But hey, that's another story. ;)

Thank you. I haven't given up hope yet, but some days I do worry.

I'm sorry you don't have any close friends. If it means anything, you now have a faceless, anonymous internet friend (me). :)

hollybeary said:

That would be a tough situation. Maybe it's just bad luck, but every married person I've talked to lately tells me never to do it. I know there are happy married people out there, I just don't seem to meet very many.

JustLost said:
hollybeary said:

That would be a tough situation. Maybe it's just bad luck, but every married person I've talked to lately tells me never to do it. I know there are happy married people out there, I just don't seem to meet very many.

You know what you make a very good point there. When I think of all the ppl I know that are marred or just live together as marred most of them are not what you would call happy. I mean most argue constantly. They argue about the holiday the dinner the bills the kids. Everything really. I always think you don't know how lucky you are, I mean they do have someone to go on holiday with but I Guss if all you do is argue on that holiday then its not so great.

I do know of ppl that stay with there partner just because they say they cert afford there own place or there frightened of living alone and never being with anyone. sometimes I do look at some couples I know and it makes me grateful to be single. I Guss the grass is always greener on the other side.

Bluey said:
You know what you make a very good point there. When I think of all the ppl I know that are marred or just live together as marred most of them are not what you would call happy. I mean most argue constantly. They argue about the holiday the dinner the bills the kids. Everything really. I always think you don't know how lucky you are, I mean they do have someone to go on holiday with but I Guss if all you do is argue on that holiday then its not so great.

I know a guy who just recently separated from his wife. Since that time she's done nothing but make his life a complete hell. She's managed to withdraw all of the money from his checking account and has even managed to take out loans in his name. She's broken into his apartment and stolen most of his belongings and to top it off she's turned his teenage son completely against him. He goes out of town on the weekends just to get away from her.

I feel bad for him, but at the same time it makes my situation seem a little less terrible.

JustLost said:
Bluey said:

I know a guy who just recently separated from his wife. Since that time she's done nothing but make his life a complete hell. She's managed to withdraw all of the money from his checking account and has even managed to take out loans in his name. She's broken into his apartment and stolen most of his belongings and to top it off she's turned his teenage son completely against him. He goes out of town on the weekends just to get away from her.

I feel bad for him, but at the same time it makes my situation seem a little less terrible.

can do nothing but nod my head to what you just said.

Im only 17 and often feel like ill never meet anybody but i still believe theres some kind of hope.My nan is 78 and has had some terrible relationships followed by 20 years on her own and just before christmas she met someone,fell inlove and is convinced hes her soul mate.now im not saying your have to wait that long lol but it shows it can happen at any time :)

GeminiGurliex said:
Im only 17 and often feel like ill never meet anybody but i still believe theres some kind of hope.My nan is 78 and has had some terrible relationships followed by 20 years on her own and just before christmas she met someone,fell inlove and is convinced hes her soul mate.now im not saying your have to wait that long lol but it shows it can happen at any time :)

Wow, 78. I'm not even sure I'll make it to 78, I certainly hope I don't have to wait that long. :)

Are there some other places to go, or events, gatherings etc where you could meet like-minded people?
For example:
Are you political enough to go to an event or two?

Or maybe if you hike you could join a hiking club?

Or volunteer for "save the whales", or "hunt the pheasant", or "wash the dog" groups and meet someone.

How about book gatherings.

Dogs! That's it. A dog is your natural "hello", your way to not only approach but converse with anyone. If I didn't have dogs I would literally speak to no one.

Tell us what you like to do and maybe we can come up with some suggestions!

Your sense of humor alone could carry you through most meet and greets, IMO.
T

hollybeary said:
This is so me :(
Technically I'm not married but we're doing the common law marriage thing. We're going on almost 8 years together now, we have a son and yet we're still not married! My relationship is really depressing though. I think at this point we pretty much stay together "for the kids" as they say but the whole hopelessly in love thing went away a long time ago. Sometimes I wish I could start over with someone new and experience real love again but I'm afraid that no one else will want me, especially with a kid. *shrugs* I guess I'm stuck.

tennwhistle said:
Tell us what you like to do and maybe we can come up with some suggestions!

Your sense of humor alone could carry you through most meet and greets, IMO.
T

Well, that's one of the problems. Most of the things I do aren't innately "social". All I've been doing lately is working, playing computer games and fooling around with a guitar. It's my own fault for being in this rut, but there's only so many hours in the day. It tends to make meeting new people a bit difficult.

Besides, this town doesn't exactly have a lot of places to "hang" unless you're planning on getting completely drunk and fighting with bikers...which is an activity I try to avoid. :)

Latest posts

Back