Low Self-Esteem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Equality7-2521

Reaction score
I guess this is my main issue with anything, and everything I do. I just do not believe people want to talk to me, and I shut down when people do talk to me. I guess I'm use to being used for money, or a shoulder to cry on. All my life people have left be they friends, family, or lovers. I guess I should be use to being alone. Though I still try, but my self-esteem gets the better of me. I view myself as ugly, uninteresting, and unintelligent.

I just don't believe people find me interesting, and/or attractive. I'm too small, have large surgical scars from my head to my lower abdomen, I think my voice is rather annoying, I have odd knowledge that not many care about, and I aspire to be something uncommon.

I find it ever so hard to find friends, because of nature of doing things. I like to gather information, make a reasonable deduction on rather or not it would be worth the time( because I don't want to be used.), and then proceed with communication.

Its not as lengthy as it sounds. Getting information is easy you just need to know who and how to get it. :D

I don't know guys... Hell I even find it hard to find friends on here then again I'm not trying to hard I just watch the chat room. :\

I think that probably I wrote it. So many of the things you say are true of me,too.
I think you sound really interesting and hope you come back and write more about yourself.

I do appreciate the response, but I am a rather boring individual. Besides what would you guys want to know about myself?

Equality7-2521 said:
I guess this is my main issue with anything, and everything I do. I just do not believe people want to talk to me, and I shut down when people do talk to me. I guess I'm use to being used for money, or a shoulder to cry on. All my life people have left be they friends, family, or lovers. I guess I should be use to being alone. Though I still try, but my self-esteem gets the better of me. I view myself as ugly, uninteresting, and unintelligent.

I just don't believe people find me interesting, and/or attractive. I'm too small, have large surgical scars from my head to my lower abdomen, I think my voice is rather annoying, I have odd knowledge that not many care about, and I aspire to be something uncommon.

I find it ever so hard to find friends, because of nature of doing things. I like to gather information, make a reasonable deduction on rather or not it would be worth the time( because I don't want to be used.), and then proceed with communication.

Well, at least you have the right problem spotted. Finding friends is difficult mainly because of self-esteem issues. Some people think the problem is everyone else, or that "they don't know what to say" so you are ahead in the game.

Hm, you say you believe all these negative things about yourself when you really need to believe in yourself. So how about starting with at least not believing anything? You sound like a logical person. As an experiment, don't believe bad or good - just be willing to be, and to observe without bias. Is it possible to put those negative beliefs aside for a little while?

Equality7-2521 said:
I do appreciate the response, but I am a rather boring individual. Besides what would you guys want to know about myself?

what does your name mean?

You either get lost in the crowd or you stand out of the crowd. The latter is much more frightening to do but has more rewards. With what you've gone through in life I see why you feel the way you do. It sucks being used by those people but you can't let what they did get you down. You are not an unvaluable person, everyone has value no matter how odd they think they might be.

Low self-esteem is the most loathsome thing that can happen to anyone. It really distorts your view of reality so to say.

What I try to do is think logically and ask myself questions, take everything into perspective and then ask yourself "Am I ugly, uninteresting, unintelligent, etc?" Everyone has some part of them that makes them unique and in that way, better, than everyone else.

MadMonkè said:
Equality7-2521 said:

Its the name of a character from Ayn Rands books Anthem.

Sci-fi: Thank you for your input.

Ak5: Its not so much as not being special or different its more about being able to blend in and not being judged for my scars, my slight speech impedimenta, etc. I know that I am different, and that my opinion matters, but it doesn't mean a thing if no one listens.

Avaron said:
Equality7-2521 said:

You read Ayn Rand too? She's my favorite author, Objectivism is the one philosophy that I turn to when I'm most down in the dumps. Are you by any chance an Objectivist, Equality?

Wow, more Ayn Rand readers! Maybe there's a pattern here...

Equality7-2521 said:
MadMonkè said:
Equality7-2521 said:

Sci-fi: Thank you for your input.

Ak5: Its not so much as not being special or different its more about being able to blend in and not being judged for my scars, my slight speech impedimenta, etc. I know that I am different, and that my opinion matters, but it doesn't mean a thing if no one listens.

That's what I meant. Question your negative thoughts. What I found out is that they are usually baseless. Once you realize that, you'll feel much better. But that's what works for me.

Anyway, battling low self esteem is a strong fight, but everyone is capable of winning. :)

Latest posts

Back