Makeup. What do you think about it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I accept makeup does matter in the modern world but for some reasons I don't like it at all (and manicure as well but that's mostly because I destroy it faster than make). I try to avoid it completely, I can use lip gloss or mascara when go somewhere where it's improperly to go without it(like theater) - but that's all.

When I go to work - I go without any makeup at all and don't care what they all think there, though I know the look can matter in accepting you as a professional.

I'm not bodypositive, for example I do care about my eyebrows-form(sorry for the details), I use hair gels, and I like to color my hair sometimes and so on. And I don't like my looks as it is but my improved verison I like even less(I've tried a porefssional stylist as well - still don't like) and feel very uncomfortable. I can't say I like more the looks of other women with cosmetics, I admit they look more beatiful with it but not more lovely for me.

When I was young, my mom tried to make "a normal human" of me - but then she gave up )) I've also tried(for years) but realized I just can't be fixed. Today I've discussed with a friend my loneliness and she said that my "cause nobody would date not a young woman that doesn't even use a lipstick" is just a stupid excuse and I shoud stop decide for others and count the probabilities and just try.

So what do you think, is makeup necessary for a woman?

Are there other woman who don't like it(as I haven't met)?
I guess if a woman uses makeup she must find it necessary regardless of how I feel about it and really, I shouldn't have an opinion about it since it's not my face.
Her face, her choice.
Personally, I think that... well, I really shouldn't have an opinion about it, let alone a preference.
She can put whatever she wants on her face.

Last edited:

I prefer to know what she looks like. Especially the eyes. Makeup seems like lying. Or maybe hiding. How can I know her if I can never see her?

I think there is nothing wrong with makeup, but some girls start doing makeup too early. And also, makeup is very effective because it helps to hide all the imperfections of your skin. For a long time, I suffered from a lot of pimples on my face. I tried different products to fight them, but the led light therapy mask helped me get rid of pimples forever. Thanks to this mask, my skin visibly improved. Now I carefully watch my skin, as well as eat right.

Om kind of indifferent, in that it doesnt matter to me. For exemple, best girl I dated for a year wasnt what youd consider a model, was overweight and had about 60 pounds over me, but she dressed so well, made herself with makeup in such an intelligent way, she looked stunning lol. Makeup was important for her when we were going out, so I let it stay important for her, even when I didnt think she needed any. On her end, sometimes she didnt wear any, just for me. She was a very sweet girl.
I think you can steike a balance. As long as I dont have to wait too long for someone to get ready, I dont mind.

Personally, I don’t really wear make-up. A little foundation and blush and that’s it. I think it looks unattractive when it’s caked on and overdone, And I also think that it should be more embraced by both sexes - on certain men, a little eyeliner or lipstick can look totally alluring and hot.

I think that makeup pretty clearly defines whomever wears, or uses it. It's a lie you're presenting to the public in general. Touching up this, hiding that. But, at the same time, there's no Maybaline commercials aimed at me. I'm not a female, but I really do prefer that the face I see would potentially be the face I always see. I have never looked for perfection. I'm nothing to behold. I mean, I kinda get it...and everyone gets to choose, I'm not trying to denigrate females that opt for it. We all wear our guises, I just choose middle aged, average. ****, this is not going to be well received. Eh, I'm not known for tact.

What about it?
It's got historically ceremonial roots.
Beyond that, I don't really care if women wear makeup or not.
I DO think it shouldn't be as expensive as some of it can be, but I mean, women probably think that too. 😂
I've worn makeup for different concerts and shows that I've done in the past when I was younger. I'm not opposed to it.
And **** near everyone that's famous wears makeup regardless of gender.
I just don't overthink it. Hell, I don't think about it at all, really.
Unless it's particularly attractive on someone, then it kinda throws my senses a bit, but I mean, that's sort of its historical, ceremonial purpose.
People have been doing makeup for at least 30,000+ years by San People and Aboriginal standards for spiritual and wedding ceremonies.
Most of the time my thoughts are entirely objective-based, so occasionally a dolled up girl walks by and I get distracted from whatever I'm doing for a second, other than that, I don't really notice and it's mostly entirely besides the point to me.

I really like makeup. I don't use any on myself. But, it's incredible how different someone can look with it. Someone can go from looking fresh to slutty to sophisticated to funny to sad to just about anything. Someone can go from looking masculine to feminine. Or they can go from plain to sexy. If I was a women I would make sure I was good at doing it. But, I'm sure I would get tired of doing it everyday and stick with the minimum.

I have to admit that I'm more attracted to a woman with makeup then I am with a women without makeup. But, yeah, some women are just naturally beautiful and can get away with using very little to none.

I accept makeup does matter in the modern world but for some reasons I don't like it at all (and manicure as well but that's mostly because I destroy it faster than make). I try to avoid it completely, I can use lip gloss or mascara when go somewhere where it's improperly to go without it(like theater) - but that's all.

When I go to work - I go without any makeup at all and don't care what they all think there, though I know the look can matter in accepting you as a professional.

I'm not bodypositive, for example I do care about my eyebrows-form(sorry for the details), I use hair gels, and I like to color my hair sometimes and so on. And I don't like my looks as it is but my improved verison I like even less(I've tried a porefssional stylist as well - still don't like) and feel very uncomfortable. I can't say I like more the looks of other women with cosmetics, I admit they look more beatiful with it but not more lovely for me.

When I was young, my mom tried to make "a normal human" of me - but then she gave up )) I've also tried(for years) but realized I just can't be fixed. Today I've discussed with a friend my loneliness and she said that my "cause nobody would date not a young woman that doesn't even use a lipstick" is just a stupid excuse and I shoud stop decide for others and count the probabilities and just try.

I never have liked or used any makeup,I have only used lipstick,I don't like my face feeling all made up from wearing makeup.

I think that most women can benefit from it and it serves to make someone look kempt, put together and that they take pride in their appearance. I think it should be natural looking, not take longer than five minutes to apply and highlight positive features while downplaying negative features.

I don’t wear it. Mainly because I feel like what you see is what you get and don’t like the way it feels. Make-up enhances. I get that as well but, for some it transforms. It’s fake or 95% lie. My aunt used to always say moisturize before you put your face on and after you take your face off. That’s all the attention I give my face. I’m plain

Everyone wants to be as attractive as they can be. But I'd rather learn the real person. It is hard to get a sense of someone through layers of paint.

I appreciate the natural. Attractive is an illusion. You might think you are unattractive naturally whereas I might find you the most beautiful creature ever seen.

I've thought about this. I believe we are programmed by nature to reject our characterizing features, thus those of our families whom share them, so we are repelled by those that might be too closely related. Nature's whole purpose for us is to make babies. We aren't supposed to like others that look like us, so we might not like our own appearances.

Makeup changes you. You don't have to see the family traits that you are programmed to reject. I get it. You want to feel pretty. The question is, do you want to be with someone that is enticed by your facade? Or do you want to be with someone that thinks you are the most beautiful person, even in the morning with bed head and pillow creases?

When you make yourself up, you are selling someone else.

Just an opinion.

Ok, so I can not give you a womens point of view however, from my point of view I known people who to me look better without any or very little rather than the large amounts that they seem put on themselves. They wear it like a mask, covering up and hiding the person underneath.

I get that for some they do it to cover up any imperfections that they feel they have, to make them happier, feel more confident about themselves, but if often pains me especially when they can't see the beauty that have without it. Quite how I tell them this and whether I actually should is something that I'm not quite sure on.

The other issue I have, I used to babysit my young niece whenever my sister was having a date night / night out, and while she was getting ready my little niece would be around wondering what mummy was putting on her face, and one of the phrases often used was "mummy is making herself look beautiful." (and I am sure its not only my sister that has done this). At such a young age, is this not subconsciously installing the mind set that you are not beautiful without makeup?

To the men who dislike makeup: Don't wear it then ;)

It kind of reminds me of the facial hair debate amongst people. Most women prefer "a clean shaven" man, myself not included in this - as I actually prefer facial hair/the more rugged he is the better actually - but being most females prefer them to not have facial hair - they usually stay clean shaven...even if they themselves prefer to have some whiskers.

I say keep the whiskers. Keep the makeup -----if it's what the person wants to do. Don't let others opinions dictate the choices you make regarding your own shell.

Latest posts

Back