male or female

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poll

• male

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • female

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
I'm not going to go into this thread too deeply or "statistically", I'd just like to say that having lots of sexual partners, or options to find sexual partners with ease does not by definition make this person not lonely, we all know that having people around is a good thing for the vast majority of people, they can have human contact and interactions without ever finding a deeper meaning relationship in life though.

Problems between men and women are vastly different, they often stem from different reasons, and have different solutions, if any.

There's someone on my friend list who continually complains about oppression and fat shaming, patriarchy plus the usual feminist/SJW talking points, as well as mental health issues, being introverted and either not liking or getting along with the majority of people. Yet she's married, has loads of friends 'liking' and responding to her updates, offering support.

I can't help think that if I complained about anything personal like that to even a fraction of this, then people would be unfriending me out of annoyance.

TheRealCallie said:
 Sounds more like bitterness and thinking you know everything than actual truth, to be honest.  lol

Nope its real honest truthiness. 

The truth being bitter doesn't make the messenger so :O

thanks for the replies. I feel that loneliness affects women less because they can give birth

scooter80 said:
thanks for the replies. I feel that loneliness affects women less because they can give birth

So having kids mean you aren't lonely?  lol
I'm not really sure how that changes anything, there are single fathers out there too.  Men can adopt.  What does pushing a giant head out of a small hole having anything to do with it?

I'm with TheRealCallie on this one, as it goes with my misunderstanding point, children and teenagers often don't understand or empathise with things adults go through in their lives.

I have a kid and I still feel very lonely from time to time. Having someone special to end a hectic day with was bliss.

I have two kids.
It depends on your definition of loneliness. When I'm with my kids is the only time I actually feel like myself, like a complete human being, so when they aren't there I AM lonely.
But kids do not fit the same need as say, a friend, or a spouse, or even intimate contact. It's a different type of loneliness. Some cope differently with others.
I know I've been single for 10 years. Yes, I do miss intimacy sometimes, but the relationship I have with my children, while completely different than a romantic relationship, fills my need for intimacy most adequately.

I do take volunteers however. ;-)

Richard_39 said:
I'd have to think so.
Stalker guys are more common than stalker girls.

That being said, I'm open to breaking taboos, so any girls want to stalk me, you have my blessing ;-)

I wouldn't think loneliness immediately translates to resorting to stalking. Stalking doesn't mean loneliness either. It has to do more with an obsession with someone rather than loneliness. I don't see how one gender is more vulnerable to being lonely over the other.

Latest posts

Back