Medical Marijuana

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think yes. Are there some states in America where it is legal or at least decriminalised? It is illegal in Britain and recently been changed from class C to B, making penalties for possesion more punishable.
I have a friend with MS, it is her relief. I roll a joint for her, as she is incapable of doing this for herself. I hold it while she smokes it, the difference is amazing. Her speech is clearer and fewer muscle spasms. We have told her GP, he has no problem with it . I believe there are many cases of people with MS who find that marijuana is beneficial.

It's already legal in California but not Federal...

The US laws are conflicting sometimes.

Such as Border enforcment. Boarder stated such as california has funding issues when
it comes to boarder enforcement.
Example a boarder town's hospital is almost in finacial ruins or due to more medical attention
required for illegal immergrants. The hospital is only funded at a local or state level.

As always...not in my back yard symdrome.

The violence in Mexico due to gangs and drugs war. Becuase of the high demand of
drugs or marijuana in the USA. If you live in NY why the fresia would you care if people
are getting kidnap left and right in Phoenix due the crime that's related to the gang violent infecting
a boarder state ? After all,... it's just a fucken joint to catch a buzz and to have a good time.lol

Marijuana have different THC level, It's a gateway drugs for many people. For some it's not a problem or issue.
As humans we're all not exacatly the same with our bodie's chemestries or the way our bodies process anything.
mmmm....the veriouse debates and opinion on this site alone...can testify that we're all just a little bit differnent.lmao

Then again xanax or alcohol is legal.
Humans like to get honeysuckle faced out of thier fucken mind...to escape or cope.
A sign that society sucks and there's something not right to have mass populations seek various forms
of escape from living. It's a fucken visous cycle.
Yes..life and life's terms is a son of a ***** and every living human being can testify to that...but ****.lol
No one thinks getting drunk can be harmful...not until they fucken get into an accident and kill innocent poeple...of course.

On the flip side...during the prohabition of alochol during the depression insited alot of
gangs and mod activities....History is repeating itself on a greater scale.

Marijuana was made illegle as a loophole to target immergrants or discrimate of the blacks and hispainics population to begin with in
the United Stated in the early part of the 1900's

It dosen't matter either way...there's pros and cons.
If you legalized marrijuanna everywhere...someone will rob the fucken stash eventually becuase they need to catch
a buzzz really, really bad :p
People rob stores for ciggs already FFS...lmao

marijuanna ought to be like any other commodity, available to the public on the same basis that alcohol and cigarettes are. it's a huge waste of money to continue prohibiting the drug. that's all I'll say, because it will just get me riled up, but, in a nutshell, the continued criminalization of marijuanna is horseshit.

I don't mind medical applications of marijuana really...for a lot of people it's a good, natural alternative to constant pain.

But I can't say I know any actual recreational stoners that are very useful in life. From personal observation they're all pretty much fat and lazy and unmotivated as could be. And after working with so many of them, if I ran a business there's no way in hell I'd hire someone who smokes weed. I'd put out the cash for random, on-the-spot drug tests if I had to. Good luck getting them to try to do better than just scrape by...I'm not even exaggerating. It's incredibly depressing to see, especially when you realize how bad they bring down the guy they're working for, who hired them to try and give 'em a chance. In return, they silently say 'fresia you'.

I've even watched the metamorphosis a couple times. Formerly decent people start toking up and bam, they're lazy and useless.

I don't buy the 'gateway drug' speech people try to give. Weed might be harmless compared to meth or cocaine. The people involved with it are usually friendly enough and maybe they don't go out on massive crime sprees or whatever. But it's not like they do anything ELSE, either. Not that I've seen.

Brian said:
I've even watched the metamorphosis a couple times. Formerly decent people start toking up and bam, they're lazy and useless.

I've seen this a few times myself. It's hard to watch, especially if they are your friends.

All illegal substances should be decriminalized. Punish people for their illegal actions (robbing a store or running a red light), not for voluntarily ingesting chemicals. Police efforts to prevent drug use have obviously failed. The government should adopt an honest strategy of education and prevention.

Oh yeah, so all the tweakers in my town can cook their poison right next door to my house and not get busted for it. I love that idea...like it's not bad enough just having them there drops my property value as much as it does. Not to mention -I'm- breathing that honeysuckle, and drinking it when they dump god-knows-what in to the local water supply. And then there's the lovely people that will be drawn to my neighborhood crack house. I just can't wait to meet them as I walk down to the cafe for coffee and breakfast.

Don't get me started on the EXPLOSION hazard of your typical meth lab. Nothing is more volatile. I'd rather live next to a propane pipeline.

They can legalize all that stuff as long as they also legalize the mass slaughter that will take place on my lawn as I defend my property from the people coming to loot my house for their next fix.

I'm sorry, but today's people are not smart enough to manage themselves like that. It doesn't matter how much you try to educate them. It's like birth control and teen pregnancy. Teach them all you want about condoms and morning after pills: At the end of the day, half of 'em are still gonna be mothers/fathers-to-be and shitting their pants about it.

On the up-side, there'd potentially be TONS of job opportunities for us decent folk, because tons more people would turn into useless piles who sit on their couch high all day. I'd just have to carry -two- concealed weapons instead of just one...because I sure as hell ain't waiting on the cops to come when Joe Meth Chef tries to steal my shoes or something. ******'s getting shot dead.

Brian said:
Oh yeah, so all the tweakers in my town can cook their poison right next door to my house and not get busted for it. I love that idea...like it's not bad enough just having them there drops my property value as much as it does.

I'm sorry, but today's people are not smart enough to manage themselves like that. It doesn't matter how much you try to educate them. It's like birth control and teen pregnancy. Teach them all you want about condoms and morning after pills: At the end of the day, half of 'em are still gonna be mothers/fathers-to-be and shitting their pants about it.

On the up-side, there'd potentially be TONS of job opportunities for us decent folk, because tons more people would turn into useless piles who sit on their couch high all day. I'd just have to carry -two- concealed weapons instead of just one...because I sure as hell ain't waiting on the cops to come when Joe Meth Chef tries to steal my shoes or something. ******'s getting shot dead.

haha, I see your point. The thing is about the laws of the land is they are designed to control the most stupid of our society. The problem is those of us that are intelligent enough to make responsible decisions that don't hurt other ppl end up getting controlled has well. And I for one do begrudge it.

Brian said:
I don't mind medical applications of marijuana really...for a lot of people it's a good, natural alternative to constant pain.

But I can't say I know any actual recreational stoners that are very useful in life. From personal observation they're all pretty much fat and lazy and unmotivated as could be. And after working with so many of them, if I ran a business there's no way in hell I'd hire someone who smokes weed. I'd put out the cash for random, on-the-spot drug tests if I had to. Good luck getting them to try to do better than just scrape by...I'm not even exaggerating. It's incredibly depressing to see, especially when you realize how bad they bring down the guy they're working for, who hired them to try and give 'em a chance. In return, they silently say 'fresia you'.

I don't buy the 'gateway drug' speech people try to give. Weed might be harmless compared to meth or cocaine. The people involved with it are usually friendly enough and maybe they don't go out on massive crime sprees or whatever. But it's not like they do anything ELSE, either. Not that I've seen.

not all drug users are irresponsible, just as not all non-drug users are responsible. lumping people together like that is a gross generalization. if someone doesn't do drugs, that doesn't automatically mean they're more productive citizens who pay their taxes and mow their lawns.

there are plenty of people in the world who use marijuanna and continue on being successful and intelligent individuals. the fact that you've only seen people use it and become slobs says more about the company you keep than it does about the recreational user.

The fact that drug use is a criminal act is wrong. Dealing is another matter entirely, but if drug use were not illegal, then dealers would not exist.

You may as well argue that being obese, drinking too much coffee, drinking alcohol, smoking, not getting enough sleep, eating sugary foods, taking part in contact sports, driving, being a pedestrian, and spending too long in the sun should be criminalised.

Using drugs is a victimless crime.. as far as I am concerned, anything that is victimless should not be a crime. Education is a far more sensible method of limiting drug use than laws will ever be.

bookbinder said:
there are plenty of people in the world who use marijuanna and continue on being successful and intelligent individuals. the fact that you've only seen people use it and become slobs says more about the company you keep than it does about the recreational user.

Everyone else I know does just fine. Some of them are pretty inspirational people, actually.

I will say that I also know people who have used marijuana, or do off and on, and they're fine people too. But so many people just cannot handle it, yet aren't smart enough to quit.

Steel said:
Using drugs is a victimless crime.. as far as I am concerned, anything that is victimless should not be a crime. Education is a far more sensible method of limiting drug use than laws will ever be.

Well, let's draw a line here while we're at this point.

I'll agree a lot of the 'soft' drugs, like marijuana or maybe even Shrooms, are victimless. Harmless enough in general.

But let's say Mr. Jackson down the road, with his wife and two small children, decides he wants more time in his day. So he goes and buys a baggie of meth and starts smoking it. Setting aside the psychological harm it may do his family to one day see Daddy writhing in the corner trying to dig the demons out from under his skin, he is now poisoning his children simply by being in the same house. Does it honestly take a background in hazmat response to realize that these are not just substances? They are contaminants. Contaminants spread until confined.

Same with, say, cocaine. Anything a crackhead touches after he prepares and snorts a big ol' rail of powder is now contaminated. If you swab your typical $1 bill, you'll actually find crack and probably meth on it. And guess what? Your skin absorbs stuff.

So anyway. It's four months later. Mrs. Jackson, after her husband kicked her three year old son during a three day bender, finally finds a place to run to. So our dear neighbor decides to start cooking the honeysuckle himself. Why pay for it when he can go down to the local supermarket/hardware store and do it all himself? But Mr. Jackson is a tweaker, and tweakers don't think. So KABOOM. His house is now engulfed in intense flames and they're spreading to mine.

But, it's a victimless crime. Nobody was hurt and everything is just great.

Have you ever seen a meth house get busted? It's a long ordeal. First law enforcement secures the scene and subdues the sacks of honeysuckle that live there. Then the fire department is called to deploy hoselines and prepare an intervention team, because what the Hazmat crew (in full class A protective gear) finds inside is going to be dangerous and volatile thanks to Mr. Jackson thinking he's a chemist.

By the way, this is costing you a couple thousand of your tax dollars.

On occasion, something goes wrong and things catch fire. And they catch fast. The smoke is incredibly toxic, and it's been proven that breathing it is enough to get you high. So fire has to retrieve the hazmat techs if they were downed in the process, and now the entire neighborhood is contaminated because of one sorry tweaker. The scary part, though? That can happen at -any- time. It doesn't take a bust to cause it.

But it's a victimless crime. Perfectly a-okay to have going on.

Don't get me started on people driving under the influence of these substances. Should we call driving drunk victimless, too? The only people who ever get hurt there are the poor drunks behind the wheel. Oh how terrible it is that she cracked her head open when she veered off the road and ran over those kids. I sincerely do hope she gets out of the hospital soon and gets her license back. What an inconvenience that must be for her.

And anyway, today's generation is too stupid and caught up in their emulation of media and their peers to be educated. Why listen to someone smart when you can sit there and text on your cell phone to your friends and draw your own misguided conclusions about things as you go along? I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Tell them over and over, any way you like why something is a totally shitty idea, and they'll go and do it anyway, over and over again. They are not responsible enough to make decisions, to the point that in making poor decisions early on, they will continue in this pattern ad infinitum. I shudder to think what THEIR children will be like...hopefully I will be long dead by then, without children of my own to have to live on and stare in horror as everything falls apart around them because humanity as a whole is no longer competent at anything. And that's not even because of drugs, really. It's just happening on it's own.

I will clarify a victimless crime. It is a crime in which there is no other person to be a "victim".
All your examples involved victims, whether they are the family, innocent road users or the emergency services. Hence, the correct term for these is "crimes".

Those who choose to drive, for example, while under some form of chemical influence, are clearly committing a crime because they are recklessly endangering the lives of others. This is not, by my definition, "victimless", as it is only by luck that such a driver would not injure or kill someone.

I could cover your other examples in the same way.

My argument was concerned with the simple act of taking a substance, not any extraneous circumstances that may result from such. In much the same way as alcohol is treated, as being drunk while an offence is committed does not excuse the crime, neither would being under the influence of a narcotic.

Brian said:
Oh yeah, so all the tweakers in my town can cook their poison right next door to my house and not get busted for it. I love that idea...like it's not bad enough just having them there drops my property value as much as it does. Not to mention -I'm- breathing that honeysuckle, and drinking it when they dump god-knows-what in to the local water supply. And then there's the lovely people that will be drawn to my neighborhood crack house. I just can't wait to meet them as I walk down to the cafe for coffee and breakfast.

Don't get me started on the EXPLOSION hazard of your typical meth lab. Nothing is more volatile. I'd rather live next to a propane pipeline.

They can legalize all that stuff as long as they also legalize the mass slaughter that will take place on my lawn as I defend my property from the people coming to loot my house for their next fix.

I said decriminalize; not legalize. There's a difference. I actually got the suggestion from an interview with a retired police chief that I saw on TV a number of years ago.

Obviously there need to continue to be restrictions on extremely volitile, highly addictive drugs like crack cocaine or meth. I'm not suggesting legal selling of these drugs. Even with alcohol or tobacco you need a license to sell, and clearly it's a bad idea to make bumps of meth available over the counter at your local Speedymart.

However, I don't believe that throwing a person in jail for five or ten years simply for the possession of a substance is an ethical solution. Most of these people realize that they need help. Many of the resources directed at prosecution could potentially be directed at recovery and rehabilitation.

You imply that if there is no longer a penalty for possession that millions more would start using hard drugs. I simply don't believe this is true. Crack, Meth, PCP, etc. have horrible reputations for good reason. For the most part people don't just start using these drugs for fun. People start using hard drugs to escape their problems. There are plenty of documentaries on TV and film that record the lives of drug addicts, and they're not usually as mindless and lacking in self awareness as you might think.

I guess that I have more faith in the average human mind than you do. I think that your average person can sense when they're being told the truth or just being fed propaganda. This is why fewer and fewer kids are smoking cigarettes, but they still ignore anti-marijuana ads. Everyone knows that cigarettes cause cancer by now. It's established fact.

But no one believes this:

http://www.alonelylife.com/images/attachtypes/image.gif

Tried to email Uranus? Made a hat out of ground beef? Heard my hair grow?

It's an intoxicant but it doesn't turn you into a tripping out drooling imbecile.

A friend of mine smoked weed daily when he was being treated for cancer in his neck. In his own words, he was probably the only person he knew who actually gained weight while undergoing chemo. He recovered from his bout with cancer and is now working as a photographer in New York.

Some other people that I know who've lived for a period of their life as stoners have become: a fisheries Biologist, a forensic attorney, a graphic Designer, an assistant in an architecture firm, recieved a masters degree in religious studies, and one still worked at the deli counter at Kroger. And if a person chooses to be an underachiever who are you to say that's wrong anyway.

Oh wait! I guess someone did get so high that they wanted to make a hat out of meat after all:

Attachments

• anti-pot.jpg
    anti-pot.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Meat hat #1.jpg
    Meat hat #1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Meat hat #2.jpg
    Meat hat #2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 12
  • Meat hat #3.jpg
    Meat hat #3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 8
well I'm from california so you can guess what my stance on weed is.
I personally think it smells like bad meat, I never smoke.
I don't, however, see a real reason why it should be illegal.
Sell it at the liquor store, slap a fatty tax on it, and make laws about what sorts of things you can do while you're high.

ok for all the people that think "if you smoke weed, you are useless and lazy" this is a common misconception. A lot of people that I know, are very productive weed smokers. correction, they are just like everyday people. they work, they go to school, they do homework, they party, they study, just like everyone else. the effects of marijuana varies GREATLY GREATLY between person to person. I, when i get stoned, like to clean, rearrange my room sometimes, and read megazines like "Time" or "National Geographic". I also like to cook and shower. fresia the sterotype of "careless stoners" in fact, I'm very alert and sharp when im stoned. ever seen those commercials about "kids getting stoned, being careless, burning down the house/drowning their little siblings?" WELL THOSE ARE BULLSHIT. I can tell from everyone around me that smoke weed (including friends, friends' father/mother figures, uncle, relatives), they are responsible adults and able to make smart, informed decision whether they are stoned or not.

look at some drunks and alcoholics, they cant even walk.they get pissed, and have the perfect excuse " o i was drunk so sorry" and alcohols are legal? what? fresia that.

murderers/rapists/molestors can get out of jail in 6 months, on bail about 50k+ .

somebody that grows medical marijuana, has state-supported licenses, and has a good heart, will be in prison for 20+ years without bail. isn't that messed up? shouldn't people do something about that?

marijuana doesn't make you lazy, YOU make yourself lazy.

I actually love working out stoned. I can bench like a maniac when im stoned, because I dont feel the pain on my shoulders,while benching so i can bench longer without feeling the pain as much.
Running after vaprozing weed is a lot easier too. vaporized weed are not smoke, they are, u guessed it, vapors, so its not harsh. these vapors will actually open up ur lungs. my asthma friend actually was choking one time and didnt have his respirator (or whatever u called that thing where u suck and taste like battery acid, ew) so we made him take a bongload and his lungs opened up like nothin else before. and then we enjoyed a great movie called "waking life".

ya im solely talking about legalization of marijuana, NOTHING ELSE. fresia all the hard honeysuckle, pills, or 2ce. ive had enough of that.

READ UP!!

DREW CAREY on Medical Marijuana, how messed up the federal system is, and how apparently giving free medicine to a 13 year-old who has bone cancer is a FEDERAL OFFENSE, and will get you 20 years in prison!!! What the fresia?

How LSD may be effectively treating ALCOHOLISM!!
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/10/061007111350.htm

fresia i need to do my homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back