Medical procedure

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justme

Reaction score
Hi everyone... this is my first post and I finally registered. I've read this board off and on for a couple years now.

I don't know where to post this or even post at all... but here goes.

I'm having a medical procedure done in a few days and I am absolutely scared to death.
I'm alone and have no one to talk to.
I've been crying for the past 2 days off and on and today is worse- as my procedure is coming up.

Can anyone here relate to this?
If I posted this in the wrong spot- I apologize. Maybe someone can tell me where it would be.

I tried so hard tonight to be calm, but I don't know what it is that is upsetting me the most... am I scared of the procedure or am I sad because I have no one to talk to about it?- perhaps both?
I definitely am scared but being lonely makes it sooo much worse :(

What sort of procedure? Is it complicated or risky at all?

I think you're more likely sad about not being able to talk about it with anyone, as most people are better once they've been able to talk about it.

Have you been informed on the details of how the procedure works? Relieving the mystery can relieve a lot of the tension, and sometimes people don't ask enough questions about these things. If it involves anesthesia, that scares a lot of people. But you'll be fine. They intubate people when they put you under so they breathe for you and everything.

Hi just me try not to worry too much

what kind of procedure is it?

what is it for?

when i was in fifth grade i had surgery on the back of my throat to try and help with my speech impediment

i remember i was mortified, terrified um trying to think of some more synonyms

when i got their i held my stuffed animal, and i breathed in the anesthetic and tried to count backward to ten, though i only got about to 8 i think

then i woke up in the recovery room with just a really sore throat

it's scary i know, but doctors are professionals and will do everything to keep you safe and comfortable

just think positive thoughts and if you can maybe try not to think about it all

I'm sure you'll be okay

hugs-4.jpg

i've had about 20 surgeries in my lifetime...there's really nothing to be afraid of if the doctors are good :)

The best part about having a surgery is the warm blanket they put over you as they wheel you into the OR. o_O that blanket feels sooooo good T_T

The scariest part is when they actually put you to sleep. but doctors are there to help, not hurt.

My procedure is a colonoscopy.
I am so very worried of everything.

It's so hard because I have no one to talk to to get my mind eased up even for a little while.

I'm alone with my thoughts and it's killing me.
:(

ooh colonoscaphies are rather uncomfortable, but they are fairly common,

i do not think anyone has ever died from one

it's just to check to make sure everything is clean in there

I'm sure it will fine

:)

i haven't had one myself but my dad had one a few years ago and he usually complains about things...and he said it wasn't bad. being nervous is certainly understandable...i've had my wisdom teeth out and my gall bladder and it wasn't fun but it wasn't horrible...if you want to just talk to someone about it,and that is understandable too,feel free to send me a direct message or email.
diane

Colonoscopies are uncomfortable, and probably a bit embarrassing, but not something to worry about too much.

When is your procedure? If you don't want to be alone, I can txt msg you highly inappropriate but hopefully funny comments before during and after.

Latest posts

Back