medical relief..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loketron

Reaction score
*ugh*!!!! my tonsils are so swollen, i think i have strep throat, i look at the back of my mouth and i can tell there infected, its all white and gross looking...and i cant go to the doctor so im stuck!
does any one know any over the counter remedys for a infected throat
ive been gargling salt water but im not sure its working,
HELP!@!!!!!!!111

Not good. Salt water was the only thing i could think of even though i wouldn't guess that it would be to effective with strep.

loketron said:
*ugh*!!!! my tonsils are so swollen, i think i have strep throat, i look at the back of my mouth and i can tell there infected, its all white and gross looking...and i cant go to the doctor so im stuck!
does any one know any over the counter remedys for a infected throat
ive been gargling salt water but im not sure its working,
HELP!@!!!!!!!111

Hey there...Bummer - I've had strep throat before...It sucks! I did a quick search on the net for you, and yeah, you should definitely see a doctor if you can. You need antibiotics...That said, there's several different options for relieving the pain and discomfort. 2-5 tsps of warm honey every one to two hours might help; Chamomile tea; yogurt; gargling water mixed with cayenne pepper (I don't know about that one - sounds painful...but?? Desperate times call for desperate measures!)...Anyway, you might want to try one of those suggestions...Hope you feel better!

I don't claim to be an inflamed tonsel expert but anyway, I've had strep like 3 or 4 times and I've found that the best thing to make it feel better is coke icees. That won't do anything to solve the problem but it'll make your throat feel better. Cherry doesn't feel as good, something about the stuff they use to flavor it always irritated my throat. Anyway, that's my experience.
I'd get my ass on antibiotics if I where you, but at least take it easy, get plenty to drink and sleep a lot.
Hope you feel better soon :]

Did ya make it?

Latest posts

Back