Men another question special for you lol

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kamya said:
Why do you want your gf to be upset about her past? Sounds manipulative to me. And how exactly do you show her this "righteous anger"?

Anyone who knows me even vaguely also knows of the epic rants I go on of evil in the world and how it must be stopped by any means. Its like that in real life, but twice as awesome.

Ignored one I cant tell if you are kidding or not. If you arent, please stop emotionally and mentally abusing your girlfriend, just dump her and find someone who has the same values as you. If you dont dump her, or I hope she realizes that she is too good to take anyones abuse and dump you.

I do love how people make snap judgments without any information. She wouldn't be alive without me, for starters. And I love how I evidently abusively support her completely and protected her all this time, not to mention almost daily remember to find ways to remind her that she's special. But don't let that stop you from using her to excuse your own recklessness, just because I kept her entirely from drugs and liquor and monsters, period, and insist that she come to reject it and those people as much as I have for her own good. The knowledge of good includes the hate of evil.

This post just supports the "judgments" that were made from your original post. I'm not even going to go into detail about how screwed up everything you just typed is. I will try to sum it up.

You do it for her own good? Is she your child man? What kind of self righteous crap is that. As good and noble as your intentions may be, you are trying to control her, manipulating her into doing what you think is good for her, and creating dependency for her, basically abusing her emotionally. These are not good things dood. There is a reason therapists aren't supposed to be having sex with their patients.

But, whatever. It's your relationship. And of course, being the self righteous guy that you are, you believe that you are doing good. So, I doubt anyone here would be able to change your mind on this.

You should accept your partner for who they are and treat them as an equal. If you can't, then they aren't the right one for you. They are not a project for you to fix up and "protect from the world". That is, unless you like feeling superior to your partner.

She is my responsibility, because I love her. And there's nothing interesting untraditional about our relationship at all.

IgnoredOne said:
I do love how people make snap judgments without any information. She wouldn't be alive without me, for starters. And I love how I evidently abusively support her completely and protected her all this time, not to mention almost daily remember to find ways to remind her that she's special. But don't let that stop you from using her to excuse your own recklessness, just because I kept her entirely from drugs and liquor and monsters, period, and insist that she come to reject it and those people as much as I have for her own good. The knowledge of good includes the hate of evil.

It originally sounded like you wanted her to feel bad about herself. That is similar to, but not the same as, wanting her to decide that it's better not to keep negative things/ influences from her past in her present. I think that is what people are reacting to.

Yep, we can only go by what you say, and what you said was that you are mad at your girlfriend, because she doesnt feel as bad as you think she should, about her past. ****, that still pisses me off. Is she not wallowing in shame throughly enough? Does she think too highly of herself for your liking?

My initial reaction would probably be complete heartbreak. I think I'd probably have to have a couple days to myself, just thinking about it.

septicemia said:
Yep, we can only go by what you say, and what you said was that you are mad at your girlfriend, because she doesnt feel as bad as you think she should, about her past. ****, that still pisses me off. Is she not wallowing in shame throughly enough? Does she think too highly of herself for your liking?

I am displeased, which is not quite the same thing as 'being mad.' Shame is virtually useless; I wish her to identify with my own anger at evil. There are certain principles in my own life that I adhere to strongly: the value of honor before life, the need to act, and the acceptance of both real evil and good where the ends must justify the means.

I don't expect many others to even understand, but from her, I do expect her to accept and hopefully, make them her own. She mostly just avoids her own past, refusing to confront them on real values, and that frustrates me.

Latest posts

Back