Mind hell

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 9930

Reaction score
I sometimes wish I could have some kind of treatment to free me of my mind. I hate the way I think, the way I feel about myself, loathe the perfectionist nature I have that sees every failure as a catastrophe and the way in which I act around people. I want one of those procedures you see in the old films where you've got those small pads attached to your head with wires that shock you. I'd love to be able to change the way I think and be free of these evil little demons inside my head. I swear I'm going crazy and will one day do something major that will change my life forever, if not someone elses. I'm not an evil or bad person at heart, I just despise my entire mindset so much. Does anyone else feel the same?

i have very much the same problem. i am constantly living inside my head. and it often can be a dark and lonely place in there.

edgecrusher said:
i am constantly living inside my head. and it often can be a dark and lonely place in there.

I couldn't have said that any better for myself.

@CJC1992: I've often thought about electric shock therapy or even a lobotomy for myself. I worry though, that while either of those would make me docile, I might still be trapped with at least some of my mind somehow and that might be even worse than how I am now, because at least I can express myself and how I feel in my mind now.

Maybe I don't fully understand how electric shock therapy or a lobotomy works, but that's a definite fear of mine, to end up in a state like that.

electric shock therapy has actually been shown to be quite effective in treating depression despite how it is portrayed in movies

a lobotomy however would not be a good idea, as it physically separates the prefrontal lobe from the rest of the brain (not good)

it's often hard to chage your mindset or how you think, but really the only way to do is just to start thinking different thoughts, it's hard and feels weird espically if you're pissed off and starting thinking words like love and sun sshine, but it's suppose to be better for you over all and eventually make you feel better, maybe try some meditation, or maybe talking with a consular/psychiatrist

*hugs*

:)

My personal experience is that it evolves along with your conscious thoughts, but somewhere... in the back, far behind. It's not before you've done a load of actions that spring forth of high self-confidence that your subconscious starts to be confident, for example.

I believe that the key is not to change the way you think, but to to change the environment that surrounds you, maybe it's just one little detail, maybe you need to change everything, move to a different place, find a different job etc... Of course it's easier said than done, but when you got nothing, you got nothing to lose.

The tough part for me is to push past the jumble of all the thoughts in my mind to find motivation. Right now I am sitting here thinking of four different things I need to be doing, but there seems to be some reason I can't do any of them. There is some part of me saying it's not rational, but I can't reconcile this.

I really need to get some boxes to pack up some things to donate. But most places - like wal-mart - do stocking in the evening, and I don't want to go out after dark. I know, it's a totally stupid reason. :-/

Theres plenty of salutions out there.. Such as the sedona method, course in mirracles, the power of the NOW, meditations...etc..etc
Bascailly differnent ways to deciiplain your mind., change your thinking pattern, habits of thinking

Yes..sometimes u gotta take the body first.

The sedona method helps you to stop thinking, figure honeysuckle out..
If the problem is in ur head..u cant solve the problems with your head.
Living the moment not inside your head.
You can replace old ideas or unworkable beliefs anytime you want.

your mind will try to fight u at first becuase it still wants to be in ontroll.
some say go to ur higher self or your spirit or learn how to be an observer of ur thoughts.
simple things you can do...just tell yourswlf to STOP or wear rubber band and snap it...to awaken yourself from a sort of hynotic state.

Its really easy and simple...
if you believe it be easy..it will be.
train your mind as if its just like anyother part of your body...keep it simple.

The sedona method had helped me alot. Ultimate condidence and Beyound positive thinking by Dr. Robert Anothy helped me alot. He gose into details and gives you salutions of how to change your thinking patterns . Change your thinking change your life...
I highly recommend it.

Ive been reading the 7 habits of effective people. This book is also helping me....Learn how to see things differently..
The material are overlapes.. The priniples are the same..just different methods of changing our minds and lives...

Latest posts

Back