mocking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

man of one

Reaction score
Ok I need to tell someone this cause im tired of talking to myself lol. Anyways I am a 24 year old in college and im behind a bit on my classes cause i changed concentrations like 2 times before being were im at today and also when i first got to college my Social Anxiety got the best of me and i dropped a bunch of classes cause i couldn't be in them. These 2 factors were the prime reasons to why im behind.

Well the reason im posting this is cause this "friend" is constantly mocking me cause of this, even though I told him the reasons why I am behind he seems to always forget. Everytime I see him, I cringe, cause I know it's extremely likely he will crack a joke about me and my circumstances. His "jokes" are usually like: hey have you been here for what 30 years?, when the hell are you graduating in 20 years?, why are you still here etc. just some real stupid immature comments and he ususally does this in the presence of others that start laughing at me. All this mocking is also accompanied by him treating me like im dumb, for example someone asked me something, he comes in and says this guy doesn't know anything don't ask him, so he for some reason thinks that just cause im behind, im dumb, which is obviously not the case since I have a 3.5 GPA. To tell you the truth I know this shouldn't get me and it didn't for like the first 3 times, but after the billionth time of his constant mocking everytime i see him and about the same crap, Im just getting angrier and angrier and losing some self-esteem at the same time.

The guy is an immature prick that has some bully genes in him and im sure he does this to make himself feel better about the pathetic life he lives. Im his confidence booster you could say. I really want to say a thing or 2 to the idiot, but Im not good in confrontations and avoid them. All i know is I wish him hell on earth, I hope he gets screwed in all his classes and drives off a cliff later on lol. But really any advice on what to do?

Like Hell that shouldn't get to you. I normally don't give advice like this, but if that jagoff keeps it up, punch him right in the kisser. I don't like sounding hostile but I've met people like that and they are ********. You don't deserve to be embarrassed by them.

Again, I normally don't like making this kind of suggestion, but idiots like him only respond to one thing.

I feel for you, cant beleive people actualy laugh at his stupidities. Since you are not up for confrontation, i suggest ignoring, smurking, giving him a '' omg, get over it ''look, act like its funny how pathetic he is, actualy it is lol etc. Just try not to show it affects you, thats whats giving him fuel.

Your own self confidance is what will save yoou in this one. When you can, try simple remarks like , whatever...., yes, and is that afeecting your life in any way ???, thanks for your concern but i'll be fine.... No matter what you say, its how you say it, confidant voice and body language.

Good luck , and remember, if hes like that ...he has worse self confidance issues than you ...

Prove him wrong, make him look dumb. Next time someone asks you a question and you know the answer, tell him to shut up and answer the question. The more you show him up the less he'll mock you. He only does it because he knows he gets to you, and like you said he probably has his own insecurities where mocking you makes him feel better about himself. Or you could just call him out in front of people the next time he does it. Ask him what his problem is and out him in front of everyone, make him feel how he makes you feel.

Is there an official complaints procedure at your college? This is more like bullying than mocking, and should be stopped. This guy sounds like a complete tosser.

First off, 24 and going to college, is normal. It almost sounds like this guy latched on to that because you told him it was a sensitive topic.

I know you said you don't like confrontations, which is probably what he's counting on. You need to stand up for yourself, or it will never stop.
This guy still has a high school mentality. Probably made fun of shy classmates then and had his little group cheering him on. He's doing it to you, because you're letting him. Tell him to knock it off, loudly and in front of others. (if you have friends there for support it might help you get over your fear of confrontation)

Lonekiller- Hahaha I would love to punch him and keep punching him till he loses conciousness, but this obviously isn't the answer inside a college since it would just spell trouble for me.

Whispers- Yeah i usually act like it doesn't get to me but he still bothers with it, yeah I need to stand up to him and tell him in the face that his doing that to make his life seem less pathetic.

Sci-fi- I did that one day i told him to shut up cause i knew what i was talking about and then asnwered the other persons question. But still he keeps at it, and yes I will expose him next time he brings this crap again cause i am done.

Tiina63- He really isn't a hardcore bully he may crack a joke but stops later on and actually act normal sometimes. He is like a friend that always needs to bring out other peoples flaws. What bothers me is that almost each day he may bring that up for no reason, but somedays he doesn't. So he definitely was a bully in high school which is why i said he has bully genes lol, but now he is just a prick.

Kaetic- I really didn't say anything about it being sensitive he just asked about what year i was in and after that he started developing the jokes. You are so right im tired of just taking the mocking and not defending myself, he has his flaws i just don't have the same immature mentality as him to expose them and constantly remind him. He definitely hasn't left high school.. he is the only person i have met that acts like that in my college, everyone else is like ehh just finish college don't worry about how long it takes.

Thanks guys for the support, It definitely has given me confidence to take his attacks and fight back, freaking stand proud and annihalate him!! lol..I thought of a good comeback just now haha again thanks for the replies guys!

We live in accordance to our beliefs.

Our beliefs are thoughts and feelings we play in our heads over and over again.

If you had reserach on any self esteem or self help book...you'll notice
the same theme over and over again.
We are responsible for our own thoughts and feelings and we have the power
to change our own thoughts and feelings.

Some tools to reverse the negative messages you have been running with.

1, Dont let people rent space in your head.
You must be able to filter out negative messages or ignore negative message
from others....Kind of like filtering out spam e-mails.
Obviously dont run with the negative messages.

2, It's self explaintory...dont run with defeating thoughts that you generate yourself
either. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

3, Dont compair yourself with other people. Focus on yourself. Do what you want and
need to do for you. You are the most important person in yourself...and that's that.
What others do or think are beyound our control. We can only control our own thoughts
feelings and actions...Our own lives.

To reverse the process...you're going have to stop focusing on him.
think about him, talk about in any manner...right wrong or in duifference...
Any thoughts of him will bring him into your awearing..hence feeding the negative
fuel and keeping you in the cycle.
Wash rainse and repeat.
Empty out your cup of the negative honeysuckle...mental and emotional baggages.

Then fill your cup back with positive things...sweetness.

Focus on you...fill your minds and hearts with positve thoughts and feelings about you....
I personally made a recording of myself...100 positve message about myself.
I play it everyday on my MP3 player. Re programing or reconditioning myself.
Positive re inforcements of positive message.
My beleifs are what I think and feel about myself over and over and over again.

Lonesome Crow said:
We live in accordance to our beliefs.

Our beliefs are thoughts and feelings we play in our heads over and over again.

If you had reserach on any self esteem or self help book...you'll notice
the same theme over and over again.
We are responsible for our own thoughts and feelings and we have the power
to change our own thoughts and feelings.

Some tools to reverse the negative messages you have been running with.

1, Dont let people rent space in your head.
You must be able to filter out negative messages or ignore negative message
from others....Kind of like filtering out spam e-mails.
Obviously dont run with the negative messages.

2, It's self explaintory...dont run with defeating thoughts that you generate yourself
either. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

3, Dont compair yourself with other people. Focus on yourself. Do what you want and
need to do for you. You are the most important person in yourself...and that's that.
What others do or think are beyound our control. We can only control our own thoughts
feelings and actions...Our own lives.

To reverse the process...you're going have to stop focusing on him.
think about him, talk about in any manner...right wrong or in duifference...
Any thoughts of him will bring him into your awearing..hence feeding the negative
fuel and keeping you in the cycle.
Wash rainse and repeat.
Empty out your cup of the negative honeysuckle...mental and emotional baggages.

Then fill your cup back with positive things...sweetness.

Focus on you...fill your minds and hearts with positve thoughts and feelings about you....
I personally made a recording of myself...100 positve message about myself.
I play it everyday on my MP3 player. Re programing or reconditioning myself.
Positive re inforcements of positive message.
My beleifs are what I think and feel about myself over and over and over again.
wow man that was great, I really needed to read what you wrote it was just the pick me up i needed..thanks a lot

Latest posts

Back