MOVIE SCENES

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badjedidude

Reaction score
Alright, so here's the deal: What is the most poignant, touching, amazing movie scene you've ever come across? Is it filled with exotic passion? Blow-your-pants-off action? Stunning and subtle dialogue and wordplay?

Tell us which movie and which scene, and why you think it's so amazing. I'll start first.

The movie: Spy Game (Brad Pitt & Robert Redford)

The scene: It's where Brad and Redford are on the roof in Germany, arguing/talking about how spying is "not a game." For some reason I find the scene to be really powerful. It's the one moment in the movie that really shows how serious the subject really is...that the stereotyped spy (James Bond, etc) story is completely false...that in reality it is brutal and hard and cold, nothing romantic about it.

So how about you?

----Steve

The Crow, when Lee is playing the guitar solo on the roof then smashes the guitar, ready to go out and fulfill his purpose. Or, in fact, any scene from that movie. :) I don't even think of it as an action movie, as every scene is filled with the sentiment and tragedy of Eric Draven's situation.

Badjedidude said:
HOLY CRAP. lol I haven't seen the movie but that was pretty intense. o_o

----Steve

Arguably (well definatly in my humble opinion) the best film of the 00's!

Daniel Day Lewis was just, words can't express how good he was in this.

Watch it now Steve. It is your duty!

lol ok..

...hmmm...so I'm teh noobz. How does one imbed youtube in a post? Or is there a thread somewhere xplaining how?

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
lol ok..

...hmmm...so I'm teh noobz. How does one imbed youtube in a post? Or is there a thread somewhere xplaining how?

----Steve

Put [y-outube]wxrWz9XVvls[/y-outube]

Remove the - after the y's. I had to do that to show this :p

Those 11 characters are the last ones in your desired URL. :D
I hope this helps!

[youtube]wxrWz9XVvls[/youtube]

Yeah...well, we'll see if this works. If not, I'll just put the addy here. It's the rooftop scene from Spy Game that I mentioned earlier.

Alrighty, it didn't work for some reason. I think it might be because it's in a youtube playlist. Would that make a difference? Here's the address:

----Steve

One that just sticks out to me is from A Love Song For Bobby Long and just the raw emotion in Gabriel Macht's character Lawson is explaining to Purcy (Scarlett Johansson) what happened with Bobby Long's son in front of the fireplace. I can't exactly put my finger on the emotion, but it was just so raw and real to me. It's amazing to me he's not a bigger movie star... the part starts at the 1:45 mark or so and at about 4:30 where I lose it everytime... :(

[youtube]o6-CW-7FT3Y[/youtube]

This is my all time favorite movie.

He has! He was The Spirit in The Spirit and he was in The Good Shepherd, The Recruit, Because I Said So...an adorable girly movie w/ Mandy Moore ;-) I'm just surprised he doesn't get more leading roles.

The Good Shephard & The Recruit? I like those movies! I knew I'd seen him before. :p

Here another good one. Mel Gibson may be a Jew-hating *******, but he can act like nobody's business:

The good stuff starts at around 4:43. POWERFUL!
[youtube]bnJnj2_Ma8o[/youtube]

And here's that one from Spy Game. It's awesome!
[youtube]8PedtPtjP2w[/youtube]

Its amazing that despite being over 50 years old, the Carry On movies are the funniest I have ever seen. Charles Hawtrey is priceless!
[youtube]dhoVwqk8ROM[/youtube]

[youtube]YWq1ig4sVnA[/youtube]

One of my all-time favorite scenes is the ending from "And Justice for All."

It's long, but worth the wait for the ending. Young Al Pacino, LOVE him!

[youtube]1sOeY6ZVG2U[/youtube]

Badjedidude said:
Mirrorball: Wow...movies with actual dialogue. Thanks! :p

----Steve

Really? To be brutally honest I had no idea as I hadnt even bothered to watch any of the other videos lol. I just love the Carry On movies.

Heh, no the other vids are alright...I was just commenting that it's hard to find pithy, witty dialogue in movies these days.

----Steve

Latest posts

Back