Movies dealing with loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awp_0_800.jpg

With a boss from hell, a dead end job, an overbearing, ill mother and no friends, life has become one big trap for Willard Stiles (Glover). Things start looking up when he is sent to dispose of rats that were found in his home and instead discovers that he begins to share a powerful bond with them. Cathryn, a co-worker (Harring), lends an understanding hand, but even she takes a back seat to Socrates, Ben and the rest of the legion of rats that begin to infest the basement of the Stiles home. When Willard’s world is turned upside-down by tragedy, those responsible must answer to his rapidly growing pack of ravenous, fearsome friends. http://www.newline.com/properties/willard.html

my vote also has to be absolutely without a doubt taxi driver.

A Belgian film..
BEN-X.preview.jpg

"Ben is a bit different and often seems to be living in another universe. While he is a courageous hero in the computer gaming world that consumes him, Ben is tormented by classmates and ignored by apathetic teachers in his daily life. As the bullies relentless attacks push him over the edge and out of control, his online dreamgirl, Scarlite, steps in to help him devise a perfect plan to make them pay for their persecution. Director Nic Balthazar s dazzling debut blends fantasy and harsh social realism to bring us an utterly original and important film."
Kinda like my life when I was in High School.

I think Edward Scissorhands fit in the criteria because there's a lot of pain and alienation simmering just underneath the film's whimsy and colourful set design. Edward is a very lonely character, distanced from others by his inability to touch and by his social awkwardness.

Latest posts

Back