My abstract work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Shogun

I don't think many of you guys on this forum know this, but I actually attended art college for a couple of years when I was in my teens. I even got an A level in fine art, although they wouldn't let me take that work home with me and that was actually by far my best work.

I was talking to a friend that I met on the internet that likes to send me her art work and doodlings via email. She's been doing that for months, but it never really occured to me to mention to her that I studied art & design at National Diploma level a few years back. When I finally did tell her this three days ago, she made me photograph some of my old work and send her the pics. She seemed impressed and I still have the pics on my computer so I might as well post a few here.

Unfortunately I have no artwork on my computer so these are just photos of individual pieces laid out on my bedroom floor that I took with my digital camera from above.

So here they are..... They're nothing special, just stuff I produced whilst studying for my Diploma.

I'll add a few words underneath each pic......

PnoART19.jpg

This one was actually completed a couple of years after I left college, it's just a crazy design I produced from my own mind whilst listening to classical opera. I'm pretty proud of the design, but not so much with the way it's painted, although it's probably the best piece I've ever produced. I'll more than likely go back to work on it sometime in the future to improve it.

PnoART13.jpg

This is actually the original design to the above pic. I know what you're thinking, but it was damaged by my ex girlfriends dog whilst we were living together briefly. I was so upset at the time, but looking back on it, it was pretty funny.

PnoART12.jpg

Again, this is another one that I produced whilst listening to classical music. It's nothing special really.

PnoART10.jpg

Ok, so I know this one isn't really "abstract," it's just a bunch of screwed up sweet (candy bar) wrappers. Although the "SIN" in the center was an old screwed up poster if I remember correctly. Just incase you're wondering, it's Starbust, Blue Extra chewing gum, Fuse, Jolly Rancher and a Terry's Chocolate Orange wrapper.

So yeah, I like abstract more than any other style. It encourages creativity. I'll add some more in a post under this one, however most of the others I have left aren't abstract.

Oh and incase you're wondering about my floor, I laid that myself so that's a form of art too. :) I guess you can't really see much of that though

Here's another few pics.....

PnoART7.jpg

This is actually a classmate of mine that decided to sit in for the model that didn't turn up. Incase you're wondering about his hair, he had a Don King type of thing going on.... seriously. :)

PnoART8.jpg

This is just various still life drawings copied onto one canvas.

And a few taken from my small sketch books.....

PnoART24.jpg

PnoART22.jpg

PnoART20.jpg

PnoART21.jpg

PnoART23.jpg

Hope ya like. :)

Darn, i am having a hard time picking a favorite. Got it narrowed down to three or four. I like your work on the floor also.

Latest posts

Back