my daughter tried to take her life today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsMac

Reaction score
a few hours ago I found out my daughter took too many pain pills and she said she wanted to kill herself :(

apparently its not the first time she has done this, I find this out tonight.

the ambulance has taken her to hospital, she doesn't want me there, so here I am, lonely and sad, just hoping she will be alright.
she didn't take enough to kill herself, but maybe next time she will?

she is seeing someone for her depression, but is it enough?
she is 16, 17 in 3 months

I might be lonely, but I am not suicidal.

My daughter has friends, and not lonely, yet IS suicidal

now I just wait by the phone, hoping she will phone or text me to come pick her up in a few, but I doubt she will.
she only told me about the pills because she told one of her online buddies who told her that if an ambulance wasn't rung they would do it.

if she hadn't told an online friend I would not have known

shes currently undergoing her 4th infusiion, I guess to try to flush the tabs out of her system.

I was told she would be in hospital for about another 13 hours, it is currently approx. 5 am Monday

I guess its a wait and see game for now

I will go to work in a couple of hours then just wait for the call to go pick her up
I am numb and very tired right now, its hard to think straight

its not like this has come out of the blue, but there is always a part of you that hopes its just all talk and no action

A friend of mine did the same, even at the same age.
Sometimes, it is hard to say if a person is happy or not. It doesn't need loneliness to drive a person so far. Some people fall in love with a person that seems way to far for them. Some feel as if they are the least needed person on the planet. Some have no reason at all and still are not able to find happiness, not to mention that she is at an age where girls tend to be overly emotional.

The good thing, the statistic always say, that people who try to kill themselves rarely try it again. It often is very painful, some even get these great fear feelings, that make them realize that dying is really painful too and that they don't want to risk that.

I hope she can overcome it and find happiness in life. I know that she surely will have great support in you.

MsMac.
I tried to do this over a year ago due to a domestic violence relationship and tried to punish myself anytime I upset him. My mom saw me walking about barely walking and knew something was wrong. I told her that I needed to be punished and to just let me die... I really hope she gets through this. Remind her how much you love her, she needs you more than anything now. I was constantly punishing myself cause I thought I was no good and didn't deserve love. She's in my thoughts sincerely. And tell her that she's such a strong person. She can get through this, just keep believing in it.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope things turn out well for you and your family.

I hope that she will be ok and that you will get support for yourself as well.

7.95% of all completed suicides are done via pills. It's not a very effective method in the grand scheme of things. I say this to give you some measure of comfort.

my daughter has been put on anti-depressant tabs, administered by me

the docs only hope that she will be on these for max 6 mths, and I hope no longer also

if it will help they good, but I don't like drugs of any kind, but sometimes taking them is the only way to help

Don't wait till she calls you... I'm sure he needs your affection and support in such a difficult situation, even tough she might act like she doesn't.

Felix said:
Don't wait till she calls you... I'm sure he needs your affection and support

I am not quite sure what you mean by this, as my daughter lives with me, so I see her every day :)

I'm very sorry. No one should go through that. :/ I hope she feels well soon!

Latest posts

Back