My enemy is myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BeyondShy said:
lookatbrightside said:
what you going to do gone in early January?

I don't understand what you mean.

Your post (or that particular area of your post) kind of comes off a tiny bit suicidal. lol  I think he's asking about that.  Or maybe he's just asking why you are taking your yearly sabbatical.  :p

BeyondShy said:
Hello everyone . I hope everyone in here has been doing well and as far as for me let me just say I'm doing the best I can.

*inserts something about myself over the last year here*

*inserts well wishes for the upcoming year*

There, I fixed it for you.  None of the other stuff was needed.  :club:

How would you like to try something this visit?  When you reply, don't be negative.  Don't push your perceptions on other people about whether or not they want you here.  Doesn't matter what they want, you are here, they can like it or lump it.  In addition to that, I'd like you to just ignore those who may not like you or that you think don't like you.  Focus on the new people.  Focus on the people who have joined the last year that you have not met yet.  Just pretend the other people aren't here anymore.

TheRealCallie said:
Your post (or that particular area of your post) kind of comes off a tiny bit suicidal. lol  I think he's asking about that.  Or maybe he's just asking why you are taking your yearly sabbatical.  :p

You know what? After going back and re-reading that I can see where it was a bit confusing so let me straighten everything out right here and now. I am not in any way suicidal and never have been. I never even thought of doing that. I may be self-conscious, have no self confidence and self esteem but I am not suicidal. ;)

TheRealCallie said:
BeyondShy said:
Hello everyone . I hope everyone in here has been doing well and as far as for me let me just say I'm doing the best I can.

*inserts something about myself over the last year here*

*inserts well wishes for the upcoming year*

There, I fixed it for you.  None of the other stuff was needed.  :club:

How would you like to try something this visit?  When you reply, don't be negative.  Don't push your perceptions on other people about whether or not they want you here.  Doesn't matter what they want, you are here, they can like it or lump it.  In addition to that, I'd like you to just ignore those who may not like you or that you think don't like you.  Focus on the new people.  Focus on the people who have joined the last year that you have not met yet.  Just pretend the other people aren't here anymore.

I will try to do as you say because even though I have not been here in awhile I respect what you tell me because as you said to me long ago you are going to tell me what I need to hear and not what I want to hear.

So I will try not to respond negatively. I may not be successful all the time but I will try. I won't push my perceptions on others in here because based on their past actions towards me they still do not want me here and nothing I can say or do will change it.

Focusing on the new people is probably a good idea. Maybe I can give them some advice on how to get along in here. I will tell them to try and avoid everything I went through and they should be fine. There is a lot of good in here and a lot of positive and helpful people. That's what I would tell them.

I forgot to add something about myself that I have been doing since the last time I took off from here. I am trying to think of something exciting but I can not seem to right now. What may be exciting for you could be something that I have unintentionally overlooked.

I work but I am no workaholic. I never was. I do overtime when it is required of me or when I think I should ask but that is about it. I enjoy sending gifts home to family but that was done in mid-November. I did not celebrate last night and I won't today. You see, I lost my mother last year and this is the second Christmas without her. So I keep it low key here. Whatever Christmas cards I got will be thrown out tomorrow.

And that reminds me how come there was no Christmas card exchange this year in here? When I got back I had to go through pages and pages of threads to catch up on. I just skimmed over a lot to be honest. But there was no thread for this. I got to say this was probably the nicest thing that was done here and I am sure a lot of people would love to take part in it next year at this time. Even though I never took part in it I saw that everyone that did loved it. I was told that if you were unpopular that you would not get a card and because of that I never took a chance.

Can't think of anything else and if I am asked anything I will try to answer. Thank you.

Yeah I missed the exchange too, I think they tried to do one. It just got started late. Might have been zero? I think that's who posted about it this year...

I don't think I'm popular on here, but I still sent and received cards last year. It was nice.

kaetic said:
Yeah I missed the exchange too, I think they tried to do one. It just got started late. Might have been zero? I think that's who posted about it this year...

I don't think I'm popular on here, but I still sent and received cards last year. It was nice.

Really? Is that so? I'm sorry to hear that.

I've never participated in one because I heard from someone who did send cards one year that he sent everyone a card and he never got a single one back. I did not allow myself to be put in that position so I never joined up.

BeyondShy said:
kaetic said:

Really? Is that so? I'm sorry to hear that.

I've never participated in one because I heard from someone who did send cards one year that he sent everyone a card and he never got a single one back. I did not allow myself to be put in that position so I never joined up.

Oh, ☹️ I'm sure that wasn't on purpose... I wonder what happened. I've only done it the one time, but everyone was very friendly.

Next year, if we get a thread going, join up. I'll send one to you. 🙂

kaetic said:
Oh, ☹️ I'm sure that wasn't on purpose... I wonder what happened. I've only done it the one time, but everyone was very friendly.

Come on now. If it were only a few people that forgot to send him one then you can excuse it but he sent cards to everyone that year and he got completely stiffed. What the hell, I thought this kind of stuff only happens to me.

No thank you. Two reasons. I won't be here when it starts up. I don't return here until the holidays and then it is too late and secondly I just don't know if I could.

BeyondShy said:
kaetic said:

Come on now. If it were only a few people that forgot to send him one then you can excuse it but he sent cards to everyone that year and he got completely stiffed. What the hell, I thought this kind of stuff only happens to me.

No thank you. Two reasons. I won't be here when it starts up. I don't return here until the holidays and then it is too late and secondly I just don't know if I could.

Sure, but also if it was everyone who missed him maybe there was an error or confusion in his address or something? I'm just suggesting a different reason it could have been, like I said I've only done it once myself. I can't say if they were being mean or not. I just don't believe that anyone would purposefully exclude someone from the exchange like that, though I suppose it's possible? Did it happen on this forum?

Cards or no... 
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

125390609-cute-cartoon-penguin-banner-set-merry-christmas-greeting-cards-with-cute-animals-dressed-in-cozy-win.jpg

kaetic said:
Sure, but also if it was everyone who missed him maybe there was an error or confusion in his address or something? I'm just suggesting a different reason it could have been, like I said I've only done it once myself. I can't say if they were being mean or not. I just don't believe that anyone would purposefully exclude someone from the exchange like that, though I suppose it's possible? Did it happen on this forum?

Cards or no... 
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

That's right. I do not know if there was a confusion with his address but if that was the case he'd of said so. But I see what you are saying, there could be another reason why this happened.

Yes, it did happen in this forum. This is the only place I know that does this.

Another thing that I've noticed is that the forum seems very slow since I got back. After I caught up I noticed there were not a lot of posts to keep up with.

So, let me say hi to some of the people who I knew during my previous go-arounds.

TheRealCallie: What can I say that I have not said before? Thank you for being a friend.

VanillaCreme: You still cooking? And do you still call your boyfriend that name?  :)

SkaFish: Many years ago you asked me to make a photo gallery on classic cars. I did. You never viewed it. Thank you!

Ladyforsaken: You don't need me to give you any greeting because you got a lot of people doing that already but I will give you one anyway. Hello and I hope you are doing well and feeling well.

Serenia: I miss talking to you. I can not send you a PM because you are not accepting them so I don't know what to do except to greet you here.

AmytheTemperamental: How is it being a homeowner now?

Bee: How is my favorite person from England?

Richard39: I hope everything in your life has improved for you.

When I think of more I will add them.

Although this may be an exercise in futility, I am going to try to play catch-up in here with everyone as to what I have been doing this past year.

I do think of this place on occasion and I just wish the best for everyone and for those of you who remembered me I hope you thought the same for me.

When I leave here again in early January I will continue to do things to occupy my time that makes me happy. My photo galleries are still going strong. The toughest ones for me to make were the baseball ones because they take over six months to complete.

Every once in awhile I put money away and go on a boat ride because I think it’s relaxing. I did that twice this year. I gave away some books (about thirty) to a local library. I took myself to a nice restaurant for my birthday. I made a promise to myself last year that I would bring someone to my birthday this year but that’s what I get for making promises.

Things are ok at work. In fact that’s where I have no trouble at all because I know what I am doing and what I have to do. We have a good relationship. They are happy with me and I feel the same.

I am sure I can think of other things but I don’t want to bore you. I hope all of you had a great Christmas.

BeyondShy said:
I am going to try to play catch-up in here with everyone as to what I have been doing this past year.

I do think of this place on occasion and I just wish the best for everyone.

When I leave here again in early January I will continue to do things to occupy my time that makes me happy. My photo galleries are still going strong. The toughest ones for me to make were the baseball ones because they take over six months to complete.

Every once in awhile I put money away and go on a boat ride because I think it’s relaxing. I did that twice this year. I gave away some books (about thirty) to a local library. I took myself to a nice restaurant for my birthday. I made a promise to myself last year that I would bring someone to my birthday this year but while that didn't happen, I will try again.

Things are ok at work. In fact that’s where I have no trouble at all because I know what I am doing and what I have to do. We have a good relationship. They are happy with me and I feel the same.

I hope all of you had a great Christmas.

Fixed it for you.  Notice I took the negatives out?  See how much better it flows now? 
The boat rides sound fun.  Perhaps this year, you should try a SHIP.  lol

TheRealCallie said:
Fixed it for you.  Notice I took the negatives out?  See how much better it flows now?

Thank you very much for the editing job. Much appreciated!

TheRealCallie said:

Even though I won’t be here when it happens, in March of next year I will have been here five years and in all that time you have continually had the upper hand over me in discussions and points of view. I am 0 for 10,000, give or take a thousand. But this time I got you. (I think.)

The Navy has ships and that is clearly stated in their name. For example the U.S.S. Nimitz. The U.S.S. means United States Ship.

A boat is much smaller than a ship and even though some boats are pretty large such as dinner cruise ships, they do not compare to the size and capacity of a ship.

Score one for me!

BeyondShy said:
TheRealCallie said:

Thank you very much for the editing job. Much appreciated!

TheRealCallie said:

Even though I won’t be here when it happens, in March of next year I will have been here five years and in all that time you have continually had the upper hand over me in discussions and points of view. I am 0 for 10,000, give or take a thousand. But this time I got you. (I think.)

The Navy has ships and that is clearly stated in their name. For example the U.S.S. Nimitz. The U.S.S. means United States Ship.

A boat is much smaller than a ship and even though some boats are pretty large such as dinner cruise ships, they do not compare to the size and capacity of a ship.

Score one for me!

Valiant effort, but nope. I meant ship.  lol  Go on a BIG boat :p

I've almost come to the end of my stay here for another year and it was enjoyable to re-connect with some old friends that are still around here and for that I am very thankful for.

I appreciate the chance to talk to Serenia and Bee again and I am especially thankful for TheRealCallie for being kind to me and for always telling me like it is even if I am too tone deaf to listen. I know you are a busy person so I thank you for making time for me. Ok, now I will be quiet about you and give myself a club.

:club:

That always makes her happy. I don't know why! :shy:

I will be leaving on Tuesday and will return when the holidays come around again. I hope you all have a good year.

Latest posts

Back