My enemy is myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
MikkishtheLeper said:
Rodent said:
TheRealCallie said:
MikkishtheLeper said:
I never went to any prom AND I spent my 21st alone.

I am still KING

Wrong thread, perhaps?

I'm afraid not. Humorous or not, nobody can crown himself King of Social Outcasts or Failures...

The fact that I cannot make friends or get girls interested and probably never will makes me king

So try keeping it to your own thread. Beyondshy is the king of this one. lol

But really, I just love how some people come here thinking they are the ONLY one or have the worst life ever. Seriously, you're not. No one is, there is always someone worse off than you. If you can't get friends or a girlfriend, you aren't trying hard enough....or maybe you're trying TOO hard. I dunno, but let's keep this thread on topic....and that topic is not about you saying you are king of anything. :D

There are people on here who do seem to have exhausted every possible option in terms of finding a partner and had no luck so I don't know about that.

MikkishtheLeper said:
The fact that I cannot make friends or get girls interested and probably never will makes me king

Yeah? Ok, fine. You're the king of what? No one else feels the same way you do? Because that's not the truth. This is something to brag about and proclaim yourself a king of all awkward and shy males? I think I can give you a serious run for your money but if you still want to be king then go right ahead but please stay out of this thread because that is not what this thread is about.

By the way why did you choose this thread to come in and start talking about this? You made two threads yesterday about this where you told the world you were king. Wasn't that enough?

TheRealCallie said:
Yes you will. Just give it time to heal.

It is really, really sore now. A few posts back I said I almost fell. Today I actually did.:)

What the hell am I smiling about?

AmytheTemperamental said:
I can think of ten people off the top of my head who had neither of these experiences. Myself included.

Make it eleven.

TheRealCallie said:
But really, I just love how some people come here thinking they are the ONLY one or have the worst life ever. Seriously, you're not. No one is, there is always someone worse off than you. If you can't get friends or a girlfriend, you aren't trying hard enough....or maybe you're trying TOO hard.

You know something? When I get really down on myself and I feel sorry for myself because I don't have me someone special or not enough money like some other people have or I am not as tall or thin as someone I think that there could be many people who would love to be in my situation because compared to theirs maybe I am not so bad.

TheRealCallie said:
I dunno, but let's keep this thread on topic....and that topic is not about you saying you are king of anything. :D

Makes me wonder. He just joins the site and the first thing he does is zero in on this thread. I'll bet anything he has been on this website before.

This thread is kind of turning into an update-on-myself/diary thread and that's ok with me. I don't want to use the diary area to post just in case someone has a comment because contrary to popular belief I would appreciate them. :)

I had a tough day today. Well, it's not done yet but I am going to have dinner soon and then around 7:00 I am going to watch a new blu-ray movie that came today from Amazon.

It was an all-around tough day. My knee was hurting all day and was constantly reminding me why I am home so much these days. The hydrocodone works but you do not want to take too much of that. I'll be icing this until I go to bed.

It was a tough one in here too today and these are days that don't make me happy one bit. Fighting, bickering, whatever you want to call it is something that I don't like as much as the next user and I want to avoid it as much as the next user but at the same time I'm not a punching bag. I get called a lot of names in here and that's getting tiresome. :(

I think there's a lot of good people in here and if you stopped for five seconds you would see that I am one of them too. To me at times I see this forum like it was for me in school. Not all the time, just sometime. I got called names there. Original ones too. I tried not to let it bother me and tried laughing them off but when you hear it too much you begin to believe it and it wears you down to nothing. That's how I feel in here at times, worn down.

Getting along with others is very good therapy for someone who doesn't really talk much to people as it is. I'd rather have that here and where I live.

Take care.

Well a master said one to a child that in a person are two wolfs ,one its anger ,furious bad unhappy ,unlucky its want you no bad and other its happy calm ,beautyful its want you to succed its want you happy ,and they fight each other .
Then the child ask his master ,what wolf will win ? and master simply replied him .It will win the wolf that you will feeding
I hope you get my point

Personally, I believe as well that the greatest enemy you will ever face in your life is yourself...because that person will also turn out to be your closest friend later in life. I resonate with the opening post rather well, although I never had this much disregard for my own well-being...perhaps since I wanted to make those choices unlike others, and that I was very satisfied doing so, I never felt this way.

Thankfully though, my intuition was right about my classmates as adolescents growing up. People got the impression back then that I'm a very shy person, but in reality, I didn't want to talk to anyone. While I still have a liking towards solitude, back then, I was also likely too attached to it, and I missed out on many things growing up in high school. Unfortunately however, even I wasn't attached to solitude, it still couldn't be helped. I could only see my classmates while in school only, so any experiences I could have had the opportunity to share were missed. Regardless, it hasn't held me back personally, so there's a part of me currently that hopes to establish more interpersonal experiences with others, and prolong those relationships for years to come.

As much as I want to be alone most of the time, at this point, none of us can anymore. Nobody lives life alone in our digitized world, and we may need each other in dire circumstances in the physical world as well. It's cruel and harsh reality to live in for sure.

It was really nice to see a lot of the people again when I returned here. People like TheRealCallie. VanillaCreme, ladyforsaken and Serenia. All unique people and in their own special way very helpful towards me.

I'm mistrustful and not confident by nature and I am sure each of them are nodding their heads and saying 'no kidding?' But it will be my attempt to be a little less mistrustful and um, well to tell you the truth I don't know how I will be more confident. I do know that I do not want to be alone in real life or on here any longer.

Being gone all this time gave me more time to work on my albums and like I told ladyforsaken the other day, I am not satisfied with them because I am a perfectionist. It takes me awhile just to put the photos in the right order that I want them to be and then when they are done I still don't like it.

Special thanks goes out to Serenia who really seemed to enjoy them.

The chat room is pretty impressive. It is quite a difference from the previous one and it's more graphical and user friendly. I just need to get used to it. :)

For a few seconds today I felt on top of the world and for anyone who has read this thread in its entirety you will no doubt guess that it did not last for me and that I did something to screw it up.

Well, you're right.

I went to get coffee this morning and I went through the drive-thru. When I got up to the window to pay I saw a really nice girl. Wonderful smile. I paid my tab and she gave me the coffee and she kept on smiling at me and I said thank you and she turned away but then quickly turned back to see if I was still there. Still smiling. Now I could have stayed there to find out her name or tell her mine because that's what confident people do. Not me. I mumbled a goodbye and drove off, cursing myself all the way to work.

I don't know how many times I wanted to turn around but I didn't.

I may be attentive and am able to give advice to people in similar situations as this but just once I would love to act on my own advice.

I haven't felt this low in a long time.

^ Awww don't feel low about it. I think alot of confident people also loose their nerve in situations like that.

Maybe return for coffee and maybe your confidence will grow a little.

I hope you go for coffee tomorrow :).

Yeah, I'd go back. I assume she works there, so she'll probably be there again. Just because it doesn't happen the first time around, doesn't mean it never will.

Serenia said:

I am thinking about it. I really am.

VanillaCreme said:
Yeah, I'd go back. I assume she works there, so she'll probably be there again. Just because it doesn't happen the first time around, doesn't mean it never will.

Yes she works there because was the cashier at the drive-thru. Now watch, if I go back she won't be there! :)

BeyondShy said:
Serenia said:

I am thinking about it. I really am.

VanillaCreme said:

Yes she works there because was the cashier at the drive-thru. Now watch, if I go back she won't be there! :)

If she isn't there this time she might be again on another day. Good luck.

Paraiyar said:
You can do it.

Guess what? I did. I went back but she wasn't there. I wasn't discouraged because I did go back and make an effort. And next week I will go and try again. Or maybe I will over the weekend.

ladyforsaken said:
Go for it, BS. Best of luck. Let us know how it goes!

I did try that one time but when I look in the mirror I say to myself who am I fooling?

TheRealCallie said:
BeyondShy said:
I did try that one time but when I look in the mirror I say to myself who am I fooling?

Knock that honeysuckle off and GO BACK :club:

What did I tell you to start doing? Seriously, do it, it will help.

You were not supposed to see this! I have a fear of the club!

And you put a lot of pressure on a person! :)

Latest posts

Back