My Grandmother Passed Away

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edamame721

Reaction score
My maternal grandmother passed away July 1st and we had her funeral last week. She went very peacefully. I had some intense days of grief and now am working through periods of depression.

I wanted to ask for a hug and to ask if this was normal, as this is the first close passing away I've ever had.

Completely normal

Hug1.jpg

*HUGS*

I'm sorry to hear that. The depression at this point is completely normal - it takes time, and unfortunately, there's no getting around it.

*HUGS*

It's perfectly natural, it gets better over time and soon the pain will be replaced by nothing but the joyful memories she left behind.

*hugs*

I'm so sorry.

I went through this a year and a half ago. It isn't easy, and I'm still grieving, even though she was close to 96 years old. I think I'll be grieving for the rest of my life.

Hang in there!

Hugs, a grandmother is so special. I Lost mine in september last year, i still get a pinch in the heart and a tear in my eye when i see her house.
Sorry for your loss :(

Oh edamame, I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences. *bigwarmhugs*

Take your time to grief, depression is usually part of it. We're here for support any time. *hugggs*

My grandfather passed away a year ago, and I felt the same way. It really helped just letting it all out, no shame in crying. Also it might be different for you but talking to friends/family about it also really helped.

very sorry to hear about your grandmother, it took me two years to get over losing mine, hope you will feel better soon. Grieving for as long as you feel to is your natural right.

My father passed away in February, and I'm still all kinds of screwed up. So I'll agree with the rest by saying it's absolutely normal. Also, *hugs*

*extra cuddly hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss. It's completely normal. My grandmother passed away two years ago at the age of 89. I still find it hard not to start crying simply from hearing people talk about her.

Latest posts

Back