My Horrendous Secret Of 27 Years

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

This is without a doubt the hardest thread I've ever posted. My family doesn't even know. I trust you guys. I know it sounds stupid not wanting to tell my secret to my family, but am willing to share it online. I'm not sure why. I just feel more comfortable sharing with those who may have experienced it themselves. If I dropped this little bit of news to them after so long, it would crush them. Being loving parents, they would just blame themselves. I don't want that.

For 27 years I kept this secret. The reason I'm sharing this is because I feel that the experience might have something to do with my suffering today.

There are countless numbers of people who attribute their personal mental issues today to being molested early in their childhood. I don't know if that is a proven thing or just conjecture.

When I was around 10yo, my brother who was 14yo at the time found out from our mother that we had an older brother we didn't know of who was around 22yo at the time, and lived in BC. The second night he was there he was staying in another room with my brother who was 14yo.

In the middle of the night, he came into my room and got under the covers, and asked me if I wanted to play the "Tickle Touch" game. He said he and his girlfriend used to put one hand on their bellies and slide it down towards the genital area to see how long I could last without feeling ticklish.

I didn't get ticklish as he slid his hand further down and began touching me. He then took my hand and placed it over his genitals. Feeling awkward about it, I said to him that I'm going to tell mom about the game. He jumped out of bed and said "Don't!". So I didn't. Why the fresia didn't I!? I'll never understood that. Anyway, after a couple of days, he decided to go back to BC early. Gee, I wonder ******* why?

I'm just wondering if my experience had any role in the negative effects on my psyche. I understand if some of you don't care to comment. I'm incredibly embarrassed to tell this story, but I believe in being honest to you guys about everything, because I expect the same from all of you. It's only fair.

Do any of you know someone who feels like this? I just wanted to thank the viewers of this thread for putting up with the long text.
I can't describe the way I fell after typing this. It's new to me. I feel embarrassed, pissed off, confused, but strangely relieved.

I have no doubt that some have suffered much more than I did, but the thing that sucks is, there is no good level of abuse. If I stirred up any painful memories that some are trying to forget. I am so sorry.

God Bless.
Jason

That is quite horrifying, Jason. It's sad that things like that can haunt a person over a lifetime.

A big hug. :)

I'm not sure why you would be embarassed about that. It wasn't your fault that he did that to you. You were a child. He is the one that should be embarassed.

That's sad Jason, I'm sorry you went through that. It definitely can contribute to lots of issues.

Sorry to hear that Jason.

Does your brother have any kids of his own?

Felix said:

Hey Felix.
I wouldn't know. We haven't seen or heard from him since he left. I hope to God he doesn't.

LoneKiller said:
Felix said:

Hey Felix.
I wouldn't know. We haven't seen or heard from him since he left. I hope to God he doesn't.

I hope so too! :(

I am really sorry to hear this.

You've shown great courage by writing about it so openly and so honestly.

I wish you all the best with all of my heart.

What blows my mind is the wonder of how in the Hell someone develops a sexual appetite for children. No young kid wakes up one morning and decides that they are going to sexually abuse children when they grow up.

I just wanted to say you're incredibly brave for sharing your story with us... And thank you, for doing so.

Something similar happened to me in my youth. It haunts me. However, I am learning that it doesn't have to have such a... dictating factor in my life.

I can't tell you guys how touched I am for your support and kind words. That can be very difficult to find these days.
Don't any of you ever change.

God Bless.
Jason

When I was 3 or 4 I guess, mum took me to a day care centre. The lady showed me were the toilets were then she asked me to get undressed then she got undressed then we got into different positions and some one who was behind us took pictures with a polaroid, but I was not aloud to see who it was.
I wonder what effect that had on me, is that the reason Im this way, would I be a tottaly different person if it didn't happen?

I think the effects of such an act can bring on defense mechanisms. Some may be more drastic than others. I can remember 4 incidents from my childhood and teen years, I told my mom right away about 2 of them, my dad about one. They always did something about it, confronted the person and made me feel safe. There is only one incident that i kept to myself, i was 7 and told my mom when i was 34.

When i started healing, i realised that i could never walk around the house naked, the curtins always tight shut...no cracks. I always carry a small knife or nail file with me, i keep it very close when i am alone in a room with a man. And for years i would sleep with my jeans on. I always need a heavey blanket and i tuck it over my head and around me like a mommy...like that i'm sure to wake up if someone tries to touch me...

Now i know that that behavior is due to the abuse, but for years i just acted this way not knowing why.

Thanks for sharing lonekiller, people need to talk more about these things ...so they can stop, because theabusser relies on secrecy.

I'm inclined to believe that some use children for sexual gratification because they (children) are easy victims. Besides, by interacting with just a child, the abuser doesn't have to face all the other factors and consequencies of engaging in sexual intercourse: the risk of developing feelings of attachment for the partner, the risk of being hurt and/or abandoned by the other person and so on.

However, I don't see what would have been so traumatizing about your experience, LoneKiller, especially that you made the decision to stop because you weren't feeling comfortable. If he would have anally, or, at least, orally raped/abused you, then yes, that would have indeed been a terrifying, traumatizing experience.

Globally, I think we're more inclined to use false reasoning about why we are the way we are and to find other people to blame for this, especially for our negative traits. It might be that.. it's just the way we have been born (it's in our genes), mostly.

Forgiveness is how you let go of the anger and pain. Doesn't mean you condone what he did, just that you are allowing yourself not to let it run your life. Good for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back