my older brother

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple Bogey

Reaction score
He sent me a text today, he is seeing someone new. I am glad for him since he got treated like shite last year. He has had dozens of girlfriends. I have had hardly any. I could think what is so good about him ? But I don't because he is better than me. I could write a list of 100 reasons why he has no trouble meeting women compared to me. He is better, so much so. I am crap really. I don't have much going for me. He seems to meet them all online now.

Grrrr...You put yourself down way too much, it really bugs me sometimes! Instead of focusing on why your brother is so much better than yourself, try writing a list of 100 positive things about you. Heck, I can think of a bunch right now just off the top of my head and I only know you from a few online postings - hmmm...let's see - sweet and kind-hearted, valiant (remember the posting about the lady in your store who was selling...something, can't remember right now, but your co-workers were being jerks behind her back?), honest, sensitive, friendly...

ringwood said:
Grrrr...You put yourself down way too much, it really bugs me sometimes! Instead of focusing on why your brother is so much better than yourself, try writing a list of 100 positive things about you. Heck, I can think of a bunch right now just off the top of my head and I only know you from a few online postings - hmmm...let's see - sweet and kind-hearted, valiant (remember the posting about the lady in your store who was selling...something, can't remember right now, but your co-workers were being jerks behind her back?), honest, sensitive, friendly...

Yeah.

ringwood said:

well I probably am a nicer person than my brother, way more thoughtful. I never forget Mothers day or my Mam's birthday. He never bothers. But at the end of the day women aren't interested in me and he has no problem.

The list I mentioned starts

He is taller
He has all his hair
He has a house
He has a child
previous relationships
he travels abroad
drives a car

I'm not knocking myself but online he is going to look a lot better than me. I may be nice and friendly but women reading my profile aren't going to know it.

ringwood said:

QFT

You are NOT your brother you are YOU. Stop worrying so much about other people and focus on yourself.

Triple Bogey said:
ringwood said:

well I probably am a nicer person than my brother, way more thoughtful. I never forget Mothers day or my Mam's birthday. He never bothers. But at the end of the day women aren't interested in me and he has no problem.

The list I mentioned starts

He is taller
He has all his hair
He has a house
He has a child
previous relationships
he travels abroad
drives a car

I'm not knocking myself but online he is going to look a lot better than me. I may be nice and friendly but women reading my profile aren't going to know it.

These are not things that make him better. These are things that say he has different life choices. Allow people to know what you have done...not what he's done differently than you.

Sci-Fi said:
ringwood said:

QFT

You are NOT your brother you are YOU. Stop worrying so much about other people and focus on yourself.

it's just an observation

I too, always think low of myself and that people are better than me. I too had a brother who (sadly he is no longer with us) was always better than me. He was a good driver, got girls easily, got work easily and was well liked. People who he and I both knew, always used to say to me, good bloke your brother is, or that he was sound. I always wondered if they said the same about me to him, but doubted it. I didn't have the heart to ask him, think partly due to believing the answer would be no, and make me feel even worse about myself. I had to try and look at the things I was good at that he wasn't, like playing the guitar, can sing pretty well, better cook and faster runner. Oh and better at worrying and feeling sorry for myself lol! All's I can say is, focus on you and not your brother, and can't you pretend you have a car in your profile? they won't know. Would he let you borrow it for a date? Do you drive?
What it is though, is your brother seems more successful and you feel envious. He gets women and you don't (from how your message reads) and that's why it hurts more, cause probably (like me) you wished you got women easily and when I see men with great rapport with women, I feel sad and like I must be lacking something.

I get comments like that all the time. Supposing you can't better yourself cause of mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, social anxiety, low self-esteem, shyness and the like? People who post comments like thsr obviously have no social problems and the like.

So desu ka? Interesting. So, I guess I can't better myself then. Oh well. Time to give up and throw the progress I've made since 2011 away. I'll return to wishing I could dig myself out of the rut. Oh, wait. Hold on. I'm getting word that I've been doing that. What's this? Breaking news! More at 7:00pm.

Well done if you can. You just sounded so sure and like it was simple and easy. Click your fingers done.

Wow dude, I know exactly how you feel.

The same thing has had and still been happening to me, even up to this day. The worst thing about it though is that I have to deal with TWO brothers, one’s older and the other little. I’m not going to lie; I hate the both of them because of their successes.

Growing up, I had to deal with the girlfriends my older brother was getting from time to time. He was no womanizer, but he somehow managed to obtain some of the prettiest women I’ve ever seen, which is mind-boggling, because he’s much less physically attractive than me (he’s also fat), but he’s a musician and that is guaranteed to make him a chick-magnet; musicians make a lot of money after all. Currently, he’s married, settled, has kids and still is overweight. Not to my surprise, his wife is attractive, although she is very hot-headed; they’re also constantly fighting.

My little brother is the complete opposite. He has a fairly normal male physique and has an outgoing (I call it obnoxious) personality, which is what guarantees him to attract the girls. I’ve actually lost count of how many girlfriends he’s had throughout the years. He’s a natural born womanizer and to this day, he’s still getting girlfriends and getting laid like a breeze. Unlike my older brother however, he’s very dumb and accidentally had a kid with one of his many lovers (it's her fault too) and works day and night to make sure his kid eats.

This is probably going to make me sound stupid, but I’m really envious of their lifestyles and I wish I was more like them. It’s not a big deal right now, but later in my life, when I’m 30, 40 or 50, I’m going to be seen as a freak of nature.

I’m going to have to deal with them like this until my lonely deathbed.

AnonymousMe said:
Wow dude, I know exactly how you feel.

The same thing has had and still been happening to me, even up to this day. The worst thing about it though is that I have to deal with TWO brothers, one’s older and the other little. I’m not going to lie; I hate the both of them because of their successes.

Growing up, I had to deal with the girlfriends my older brother was getting from time to time. He was no womanizer, but he somehow managed to obtain some of the prettiest women I’ve ever seen, which is mind-boggling, because he’s much less physically attractive than me (he’s also fat), but he’s a musician and that is guaranteed to make him a chick-magnet; musicians make a lot of money after all. Currently, he’s married, settled, has kids and still is overweight. Not to my surprise, his wife is attractive, although she is very hot-headed; they’re also constantly fighting.

My little brother is the complete opposite. He has a fairly normal male physique and has an outgoing (I call it obnoxious) personality, which is what guarantees him to attract the girls. I’ve actually lost count of how many girlfriends he’s had throughout the years. He’s a natural born womanizer and to this day, he’s still getting girlfriends and getting laid like a breeze. Unlike my older brother however, he’s very dumb and accidentally had a kid with one of his many lovers (it's her fault too) and works day and night to make sure his kid eats.

This is probably going to make me sound stupid, but I’m really envious of their lifestyles and I wish I was more like them. It’s not a big deal right now, but later in my life, when I’m 30, 40 or 50, I’m going to be seen as a freak of nature.

I’m going to have to deal with them like this until my lonely deathbed.

I don't wish I had my brothers life. I am quite happy with mine. It would be nice to meet somebody though instead of all this crap I have had to put up with.

Latest posts

Back