My Plenty Of Fish Experince

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Are you trying to make me mad, Eve?

No - was I suppose to be, lol??
Besides...if I was out to make you mad, Id have posted something nasty instead of joking around with you. :p

I guess I'm oversensitive, because I'm one of the guys who don't get dates. I don't find it funny, personally.

Of course, I just watched a very scary horror movie, and my nerves are on edge. So I'm a bit jumpy, lol.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I guess I'm oversensitive, because I'm one of the guys who don't get dates. I don't find it funny, personally.

Of course, I just watched a very scary horror movie, and my nerves are on edge. So I'm a bit jumpy, lol.

I wasn't making fun of people not getting dates. :p I was making fun of being PC.

Geez...*cuts tension with knife*

I guess I'm just one of those people that believe there's someone for everyone. I think most can find happiness with someone. And dating sites may not be the way to score the one you love, but it worked for myself, so I would have to say they're not all evil. And yes, I believe my husband is dreamy :p, but I actually didn't post my pictures on the site. I talked to him for a whole, decided to share pictures, and then we started dating.

I'm not negating your experience, Shipster. You guys make a cute couple.

I guess I'm just frustrated, because I don't know how I rate. I once put my pic up on hotornot, and got rated a 9, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Girls have said I'm cute, but never sexy...and I don't feel like I am sexually attractive to them.

I don't know if I'm cute enough to be judged as datable by a profile pic. I have BDD, after all, but I'm not sure how much of that is just being plain.

Shipster0958 said:
I guess I'm just one of those people that believe there's someone for everyone.

That could be the case. Unfortunately some people end up dying as a kid so their designated match is stuck with no one when it comes time to date.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Girls have said I'm cute, but never sexy...and I don't feel like I am sexually attractive to them.

"Cute" is an evil 4 letter word. It seems to never mean anything positive.

No, I don't believe in a "designated match." I don't believe someone sits on a cloud above and puts us together two by two. I just believe there are enough people in the world that you can find someone who matches your individual personalities.

But, there are also many factors that can hinder this. I believe people who go in with an Eeorye attitude and "oh I'm undateable...I never get dates...no one will date me" will reap just that. It is very hard to find a companion if you are not a companion with yourself first.

colbert-popcorn.gif

blackdot said:
"Cute" is an evil 4 letter word. It seems to never mean anything positive.

What planet are you from? In my parlance that means i'm interested in the guy!

So if we were to meet and I said that to you. You'd be the one rejecting me and not me rejecting you. o_O

Also, in my experience with lesbians...that means they're flirting with you. >.<

I think you just set yourself up for failure.

I have only given POF and OkCupid a chance recently so probably not very qualified to say much but ill toss in my two cents.

I believe that it takes patience as in my real life experience things don't happen right away either, I have mostly gotten messages from guys interested in random hook ups despite the text on my profile saying it is not what i am interested in. *eye roll*

To an extent I agree that women might have it easier as men contact me out of the blue all the time but I must also add that there are females out there who don't look ugly and don't look for model looking guys. I say this based on my opinion that I am in no way unique but automatically rule out every stereotypically handsome man (usually profile pictures with no shirt, next to a car in brand expensive clothes, sunglasses+bar+alcohol filled glass combo or 10 pictures of him on a beach). Surely I am not one of a kind and there are lots of simple girls like me who prefer your average simple looking man, of course with a vivid personality!

That aside, having a profile on any online websites is perhaps just a good open minded attitude ( you never really know where love might come from) but it is more important to also try make connections with people offline, in real life.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'll show you my profile pic. Do you think this is what is turning women off?

Innovation-Zombie.jpg

I think the pic is the problem - it doesn't look like you brushed your hair.

I once thought about making a fake profile and using my Haunted House picture and having the title, "Have you ever dated a dead guy?"

theraab said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'll show you my profile pic. Do you think this is what is turning women off?

Innovation-Zombie.jpg

I think the pic is the problem - it doesn't look like you brushed your hair.

LMAO.

You all know what I look like. I have a profile pic of me in a forest, smiling. This was before I got braces.

I kept on getting read/deleted.

blackdot said:
I once thought about making a fake profile and using my Haunted House picture and having the title, "Have you ever dated a dead guy?"

Okay! Just ignore what I said! Continue complaining.

Lost Soul said:
It's is a great site for women, not for men. The reason I say that, becuase most of the girls on that site are greedy and only want someone who is very good looking (hot guys). A lot of them even say so in their profile. If you're average looking or under, you basically stand no or very little chance. I once made a fake profile, with a few photos of a good looking girl and a lame, bare-bone description, and after a few minutes later, I was bombarded by messages (even though the profile wasn't that well made). I've got 20+ messages from guys with 7-8 minutes, and also numerous chat requests too. This is what most girls on Plenty Of Fish get, so you see, they take advantage of that, and only look for the hottest looking guys, and burn through all the rest. Sad truth.

*Nope not going to have this here. There is NO gender bashing or stereotyping allowed. ~mod edit

Latest posts

Back