My Plenty Of Fish Experince

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipster0958 said:
Geez...*cuts tension with knife*

I guess I'm just one of those people that believe there's someone for everyone. I think most can find happiness with someone. And dating sites may not be the way to score the one you love, but it worked for myself, so I would have to say they're not all evil. And yes, I believe my husband is dreamy :p, but I actually didn't post my pictures on the site. I talked to him for a whole, decided to share pictures, and then we started dating.

I’m guessing women could find these sites a lot more helpful, they’re likely to have far more options and choices than the men who make profiles, and the men they do end up contacting will be a lot more responsive.

Good for the both of you, but maybe you can’t compare experiences with that of the guys here.

Phaedron said:
Lost Soul said:
It's is a great site for women, not for men. The reason I say that, becuase most of the girls on that site are greedy and only want someone who is very good looking (hot guys). A lot of them even say so in their profile. If you're average looking or under, you basically stand no or very little chance. I once made a fake profile, with a few photos of a good looking girl and a lame, bare-bone description, and after a few minutes later, I was bombarded by messages (even though the profile wasn't that well made). I've got 20+ messages from guys with 7-8 minutes, and also numerous chat requests too. This is what most girls on Plenty Of Fish get, so you see, they take advantage of that, and only look for the hottest looking guys, and burn through all the rest. Sad truth.

*-removed

crazy-man-meme-generator-please-tell-me-more-3c75c5.jpg

I'm not complaining. Just pointing out a truth.

I'd be more willing to speed date in real life, than use a dating site again. That's just my experience.

I would see speed dating as a horror show. The odds of me finding someone that matches me that way is less than 0%.

blackdot said:
I would see speed dating as a horror show. The odds of me finding someone that matches me that way is less than 0%.

I would rather face a firing squad than speed date !

Phaedron said:
Lost Soul said:
It's is a great site for women, not for men. The reason I say that, becuase most of the girls on that site are greedy and only want someone who is very good looking (hot guys). A lot of them even say so in their profile. If you're average looking or under, you basically stand no or very little chance. I once made a fake profile, with a few photos of a good looking girl and a lame, bare-bone description, and after a few minutes later, I was bombarded by messages (even though the profile wasn't that well made). I've got 20+ messages from guys with 7-8 minutes, and also numerous chat requests too. This is what most girls on Plenty Of Fish get, so you see, they take advantage of that, and only look for the hottest looking guys, and burn through all the rest. Sad truth.

*Nope not going to have this here. There is NO gender bashing or stereotyping allowed. ~mod edit

POF is for attractive people who can't be bothered to get dates in the traditional way ! It is not for us.

I would rather face a firing squad than speed date, but I'd rather face a zombie while chained than go on POF again.

This website is not for guys, unless they resemble brad pitt.

I got a girls number somehow, then the next day... silence.

It's a stupid website and ruins chances for nicer men because of the idiot player types

I'm taking my chances in the real world and not looking back

LonesomeLoner said:

It's a stupid website and ruins chances for nicer men because of the idiot player types

good for you !

LonesomeLoner said:

Exactly. It's not for guys like us.

LonesomeLoner said:

that happens on all of the dating sites. sometimes they give me their number while e-mailing but they refuse to answer the phone.
one female I went out on a date with gave me her number after the date and then refused to answer the phone.

I've just had them stop contacting me on the site.

They say to bring it to the phone, and then real life...but I'm terrified to talk on the phone. I guess internet dating really isn't for me.

I used to be terrified of phones before I started working for a phone company and had to talk on one.

I just never get women who want to carry a conversation to a phone or real life. They seem to be terrified of the idea.

It's not that I'm terrified of phones, really. I guess I put that badly.

But I avoid them. I have an expensive Android phone, and I'd rather text, email, and Facebook chat than call someone. I just don't like the way everything seems one sided on the phone...I can't really gauge if the conversation is going well (strangely enough, I don't have this issue on text.)

I don't like webcams, either. I have a Skype account, and never use it.

When the word used was this website, are yall talking about ALLf?

If so, the last time I checked it is not a dating service.

It should be used to learn from others in the same type of predicament.

In fact, if a person approaches this site from a learning perspective, he/she can learn a lot.

After learning comes the next part of actually developing a plan for execution.

Instead, all I see the majority of time after someone tries to help is ignoring the advice and only searching for people who agree with the same type of opinion and a pity party ensues.

Please note: The comments above is only relevant if this website means ALLf and not PoF.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
LonesomeLoner said:

Exactly. It's not for guys like us.

It's not an opinion, Bones. But whatever.

You're coming at it from the viewpoint of a single father of a teenage girl who has been married before and is now divorced. I am coming at it from the perspective of a 30 year old man who, not only has never had sex, or a girlfriend, but has never even kissed a girl on the lips or engaged in a makeout session, played Spin The Bottle, or done anything even remotely romantic or leading to normalcy.

If you try to understand where I'm coming from, please try to put yourself in my shoes. If you can't, I really don't value, or want, your opinion, because it is not only useless, but it is offensive.

h1ABDA031

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
It's not an opinion, Bones. But whatever.

You're coming at it from the viewpoint of a single father of a teenage girl who has been married before and is now divorced. I am coming at it from the perspective of a 30 year old man who, not only has never had sex, or a girlfriend, but has never even kissed a girl on the lips or engaged in a makeout session, played Spin The Bottle, or done anything even remotely romantic or leading to normalcy.

If you try to understand where I'm coming from, please try to put yourself in my shoes. If you can't, I really don't value, or want, your opinion, because it is not only useless, but it is offensive.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I really don't value, or want, your opinion, because it is not only useless, but it is offensive.

I find this odd (as well as antagonistic). It makes sense to pay attention to and at least CONSIDER advice from someone who has or has had what you WANT, now doesn't it? Seems to be a no-brainer to me.

Bones, you're a divorced man, which gives you greater social value from a woman's perspective. A date or potential date would see a man who another women has wanted; a man who's been validated with female approval at some point in his life.

A single guy who's never had any experience is in a different situation.

Latest posts

Back