My sob story.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafPerson

Reaction score
About a year ago, I started going on independent study instead of normal highschool. I had a very close knit group of buddys whom I loved dearly. All was well for a while, although during that summer I could tell something was changing. This year, I decided to do the same. Thats when they totally cut me off all at once. I was close with these people for literally over 5 years. I was heart broken, I totally shut down for about a week. I truly loved these people. That was about last august. These following months havent been easy for me. I have no way of making any more friends because I dont go to school. My parents are always working and even when their around.. They have personalities of stones. Leaving me in total isolation. Ive spent so much time wondering what I did wrong, i have no where else to turn. Ive been craving companionship so much, I wish i had someone who would just be with me. Even if they didnt speak a word, their presence would mean a great deal to me.

Do you mind if I hang around for a while?

I'm in a very dark and isolating place right now as well.

Would you mind if I reached out to you? And you can reach out to me if you like?

Welcome to ALL. I am sorry you are having a tough time. You are young and although it feels bad now, friends come and go in life, and I am sure you will find new ones at your current school. Have you tried talking to your parents about how you feel, they may be more understanding than you think.😺

It's hard to get cut off like that, but are you sure it was completely them that did the cutting off?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's necessarily your fault, but sometimes when things happen, we don't realize how big of a part we had in the matter.

Who did the contacting when you used to hang out with them? Was it all mutual or did you or they do most of it? I think you almost need to work harder to continue to be a part of it. I don't really mean you should HAVE to do that, but from my experience, if you take yourself out of the every day scene, it seems to be just natural that you may grow apart a little.

I would say try again and see what happens. Maybe talk to one of them you were closer to and see if you can't find out why they cut you off.
You also have the option of finding some kind of extracurricular activity you could join where you can meet other people. A sport or a hobby or something.

Red, of course you can. I can talk anytime.

Jaguar, my parents know. They just havent really said anything, they both own businesses so their time is mostly occupied.

Callie, I was the one who always had to ask to hang out and do stuff. I tried my very best to rekindle what we had, but they started doing things like saying yes but failing to follow through with the plans. Then to eventually just stopped replying to my messages totally. I have no idea what id do as a extracurricular activity. I like video games, but lately I havent been caring for much.

Red914 said:
Do you mind if I hang around for a while?

I'm in a very dark and isolating place right now as well.

Would you mind if I reached out to you? And you can reach out to me if you like?

of course you can. I can talk anytime

jaguarundi said:
Welcome to ALL. I am sorry you are having a tough time. You are young and although it feels bad now, friends come and go in life, and I am sure you will find new ones at your current school. Have you tried talking to your parents about how you feel, they may be more understanding than you think.😺

Jaguar, my parents know. They just havent really said anything, they both own businesses so their time is mostly occupied.

TheRealCallie said:
It's hard to get cut off like that, but are you sure it was completely them that did the cutting off?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's necessarily your fault, but sometimes when things happen, we don't realize how big of a part we had in the matter.

Who did the contacting when you used to hang out with them? Was it all mutual or did you or they do most of it? I think you almost need to work harder to continue to be a part of it. I don't really mean you should HAVE to do that, but from my experience, if you take yourself out of the every day scene, it seems to be just natural that you may grow apart a little.

I would say try again and see what happens. Maybe talk to one of them you were closer to and see if you can't find out why they cut you off.
You also have the option of finding some kind of extracurricular activity you could join where you can meet other people. A sport or a hobby or something.

Callie, I was the one who always had to ask to hang out and do stuff. I tried my very best to rekindle what we had, but they started doing things like saying yes but failing to follow through with the plans. Then to eventually just stopped replying to my messages totally. I have no idea what id do as a extracurricular activity. I like video games, but lately I havent been caring for much.

LeafPerson said:
TheRealCallie said:

Hmm, if that's the case, I'd say you are better off without them. I know, given the situation, that's the last thing you want to hear, but it's true. You deserve better than that.

Find something you care about, something out in the community, and make yourself do it. Make yourself care and go out and do something, even if it's bowling or hiking, there are groups for everything. It will get better.
You could also try volunteering somewhere. Is there a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen nearby? There are volunteer opportunities everywhere, so I'm sure you could find something.

TheRealCallie said:
LeafPerson said:
TheRealCallie said:

Hmm, if that's the case, I'd say you are better off without them. I know, given the situation, that's the last thing you want to hear, but it's true. You deserve better than that.

Find something you care about, something out in the community, and make yourself do it. Make yourself care and go out and do something, even if it's bowling or hiking, there are groups for everything. It will get better.
You could also try volunteering somewhere. Is there a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen nearby? There are volunteer opportunities everywhere, so I'm sure you could find something.

Well, thanks for the support Callie. I doubt theres a soup kitchen, ive never even seen a homeless person in my town. Ill try to find something but I have no clue what it will be, I wish i could just skip this process and have a friend. But thank you, it really means a lot.

Latest posts

Back