My story

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleMist

Reaction score
Here is my story. It felt good writing it down, almost like I was telling it to someone. But it's hard to write it like it was. It's just words. No feelings.
And there is so much more after. The struggle we're having now. Maybe I'll add that later.
Thank you for reading.

Six years ago I went to Australia, was going to backpack for a year. After a few months there I ran into this guy. For some reason I fell in love instantly, and knew this was who I was meant to be with. Decided to hang around for a while to see where this where going.

I got pregnant. We got married. I did the whole residency thing.
(It's important too that I didn't think I could have kids. Had tried previously for five years to get pregnant)

I was happy. Deeply in love. I was a mother and a wife! Got two older kids in the package as well. My husbands kids from earlier that he had full care for.
Life was good. Very poor and full time mum to three instantly. But it was good, because of love.

Somewhere something went wrong. I have no idea what or where. But about a year ago I felt like an outsider in the house. I didn't feel any love towards me from my husband anymore. You know, the little things were gone.
I left for months and months. But I could feel the chill in our bed.
So I brought it up.
I was told that he cared for me a lot. That's all he said.
So I asked if he still loved me.
He said no.
Didn't know why, it just happened.

So the next few weeks I was devastated. But I pulled myself together and initiated a talk again. I wanted to know what we could do. I meant what we could do to fix it. He thought that suggesting me moving back to norway was a good idea. Second time he broke my heart. He obviously didn't want to try and fix it.

So I took my daughter home on a holiday. Was meant to just get away for a while. Then go back and fight for my marriage.
I decided not to. I didn't have anything left to fight with. Not on my own. I was worn out from taking on his kids in addition to becoming a new mum myself. Thinking back, I was always an outsider. They never fully allowed me in. I was never allowed to put my personal things anywhere. The whole house was decorated with their stuff, none of mine. ...

We didn't go back. I'm home now.
Broken heart and hurt like never before. I love him. Will always do. He is still the one I was meant to be with. I will always miss him and love him.

But I'm home now. With my daughter. Living with my wonderful parents. My daughter is now settled, happier, calmer, good sleeper.
So am I, kind of. Sometimes.

Purple,please get in touch. Missed our chat's,and so did Magalie.Both worried about you.

Purple....I'm so sorry for what you're going through!:( I have no words,just that I're in my toughts!Big hugs to you and your little girl!

PurpleMist *HUGS* :(
My heart aches from reading your post.. I hope you remain strong and hope you can find some peace despite all the pain you're going through. Sending positive thoughts and well wishes your way.

I am really sorry that this happened to you, that you were treated so badly. At least you found the courage and the strength to break away from a heart breaking situation. Many people would have stayed in it and given up completely. It's good that your daughter is happier now and I hope that one day you will find happiness and inner peace as well.

Latest posts

Back