My Therapist told Me To Go For Quiet Guys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

So tell me. Where do you hang out? :p

Besides ALL . :cool:

And besides...behind computer screens.

Why do I get the feeling you guys mostly hang out at home away from society?

However am I supposed to find you if you're doing this?!?! D:

No seriously, tell me, how do I find you?

How do I tell which guy is a genuinely nice guy and which guy is a ****** that is trying to trick me into believing he is a nice guy? Do I have to plant a microphone on him and listen to what he says around his guy-friends to figure it out?

Help me out here. :p

I would like to go out more, but by myself. I don't really want to be bothered with people.

I was told to go for push-overs.... Not my type. I wish people would stop telling everyone else what to go for, and mind their own business.

I don't think there is a way to trust anybody. We'll all just have to be celebate loners to protect ourselves. :p

Jesse said:
I don't think there is a way to trust anybody. We'll all just have to be celebate loners to protect ourselves. :p

Thanks Jesse :p

But I need to get out and meet people and i want to find someone that luffs me, isnt crazy, has a sense of humor, is intelligent...and not an *******.

o_o celebacy = good. Maybe I should go for the awkward christian boy in the corner. :D

quiet people go to partys as well (so im told lol)
try looking in dark corners or maybe sitting in the kitchen.
generaly they are as far away as possible from Mr popular loud mouth who will be standing in the middle of the room talking way too loud.

I'm a quiet guy if I don't know you, but once I feel comfortable around you I turn into one loud ************...I'm probably the kind of guy your therapist wants you to avoid.

VanillaCreme said:
I wish people would stop telling everyone else what to go for, and mind their own business.

******* Amen, man.

I am sick of people sticking in their oar, when really they need to stfu and stop with the unsolicited advice.

I think there are all kinds of quiet guys.

Sensitive men, lonely men, artistic men, arrogant men, psycopathic men, men that kill small animals...

So, I dont know if just "quiet" is what you should go for....

IDK. I hope you find someone :)

Badjedidude said:
Is your therapist a quiet guy?

lulz

My therapist is a woman... o_O

cheaptrickfan said:
VanillaCreme said:
I wish people would stop telling everyone else what to go for, and mind their own business.

******* Amen, man.

I am sick of people sticking in their oar, when really they need to stfu and stop with the unsolicited advice.

I asked her what kinds of guys made good husbands and this is what she told me.

So it wasn't unsoliticited. I was trying to figure out which guys to avoid....

because my dad beat my mum and I really REALLY dont want to run into one of those. x_x

I'm sorry to hear about your home-problems.
But I do agree that you shouldn't go for a "type". Cos sometimes the LOUDEST guys can have the biggest heart too. Like, they can feel and care and be good for quiet girls, maybe even help them out of their shell? Not that they HAVE to, at ALL. But if they wanted too.

I'm not looking for a "type". Just someone to make my heart go boom boom boom.

SophiaGrace said:

So it wasn't unsoliticited. I was trying to figure out which guys to avoid....

Well then she's an idiot, because she is saying that all quiet men are good husband material? WTF kind of therapist makes sweeping generalizations like that? Is that based on the premise that they'll roll over and let their wife nag them to death? Because really that's what ALL women want. *major eye roll*

What a load of honeysuckle.

I'd say a person's character is far more important than whether or not he/she is quiet.

Look instead at how considerate he is. For instance, a man who will purposely shut the door in someone's face or treat waitstaff, delivery people and other people rudely won't get a second date from me.

If you meet someone who shows no interested whatsoever in you and what you are interested in and what your story is, but would rather talk ad nauseam about himself (I call that person a Me-Monster), then run far, run fast.

Just my 2 cents, though.

cheaptrickfan said:
Well then she's an idiot, because she is saying that all quiet men are good husband material? WTF kind of therapist makes sweeping generalizations like that? Is that based on the premise that they'll roll over and let their wife nag them to death? Because really that's what ALL women want. *major eye roll*

What a load of honeysuckle.

I'd say a person's character is far more important than whether or not he/she is quiet.

Look instead at how considerate he is. For instance, a man who will purposely shut the door in someone's face or treat waitstaff, delivery people and other people rudely won't get a second date from me.

If you meet someone who shows no interested whatsoever in you and what you are interested in and what your story is, but would rather talk ad nauseam about himself (I call that person a Me-Monster), then run far, run fast.

Just my 2 cents, though.

No, I think based on the therapist's analysis of her patient, she's saying that the TS would be more compatible with a quiet guy...not that "quiet guys" are good husband material.

SophiaGrace said:

njlonelydude said:
No, I think based on the therapist's analysis of her patient, she's saying that the TS would be more compatible with a quiet guy...not that "quiet guys" are good husband material.

I don't know. Saying something like quiet guys make the best husbands sort of sounds like a sweeping generalization to me.

But we don't know the exact words used.

cheaptrickfan said:
I don't know. Saying something like quiet guys make the best husbands sort of sounds like a sweeping generalization to me.

But we don't know the exact words used.

I think you're overanalyzing the "good husband" part way too much, it's obviously in reference to her patient. If I went to the same therapist she'd probably tell me that a "loud wife" is best because of my personality traits.
But it obviously doesn't mean that loud women are the best for everyone.

SophiaGrace said:
Jesse said:

But I need to get out and meet people and i want to find someone that luffs me, isnt crazy, has a sense of humor, is intelligent...and not an *******.

o_o celebacy = good. Maybe I should go for the awkward christian boy in the corner. :D

I won't tell you who to go for. :p

Jesse said:
SophiaGrace said:
Jesse said:

I won't tell you who to go for. :p

You better not! You dont have a degree in advice giving.

hmpth.

haha :p

Sophia, quiet doesn't mean non-abusive. You won't believe how many dudes are out there who are super calm and quiet, but will backhand you in two seconds. Vice versa, there are plenty of guys who aren't quiet, but wouldn't lay a hand in anger on you.

It all depends on how the person is. There's no "set combination" of it.

Latest posts

Back