My Therapist told Me To Go For Quiet Guys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanillaCreme said:
Sophia, quiet doesn't mean non-abusive. You won't believe how many dudes are out there who are super calm and quiet, but will backhand you in two seconds. Vice versa, there are plenty of guys who aren't quiet, but wouldn't lay a hand in anger on you.

It all depends on how the person is. There's no "set combination" of it.

^^^ YES, this.

I think we have the same therapist. :). She told me that her husband isn't the most handsome, outgoing guy in the world; he's rather quiet, but he treats her like a queen. I'm rather quiet myself in the beginning until I get to know someone. I haven't given up yet, and you shouldn't either. Good luck!

queit guys are usually seen as just being really shy... or that they will grow up to be a serial killer. i have actually been told by someone that a friend of theirs thought i might be the serial killer type. im just really shy and dont talk a lot.

edgecrusher said:
queit guys are usually seen as just being really shy... or that they will grow up to be a serial killer. i have actually been told by someone that a friend of theirs thought i might be the serial killer type. im just really shy and dont talk a lot.

Oh it just means you're mysterious. (hello)

PurpleDays said:
I told my therapist about ALL today. She said it was a good idea. :D

Yay for therapists! :D

Im a quiet guy and pretty nice too. Knowing myself Id say your therapist has a point, quiet guys just develop features and types of ways charishing what they have just due to being a quiet person most of their lifes. But be carefull, its their personal character within them that tells how bad of a person the could really be. I quiet person has a hard time expressing himself and would take a very long time to truly know all of his intentions in life.

So basicly yes, they have features to make good husbands, but no they are not all perfect just like any other guy.

I'm quiet when alone, loud when with others. :p Where does that put me on the abusive scale, eh? lol

I am a quiet respectful nice guy. I go out and have fun, but if you like loud guys I think you sound like trouble. Most girls dont go for guys like me cuz I am not a bar boy.

Yeahhh what is with girls and clubbing/bars
if you prefer a movie at home or a quiet dinner somewhere
you're a fkn outcast

I'm not a bar/clubbing person either. I suppose I would go once in a blue moon, but I'm almost 22 and never cared for the club scene.

Actually, the best times I've had was watching a movie with someone. I watch movies with my friend all the time. Good times.

K2Chmpln said:
Yeahhh what is with girls and clubbing/bars
if you prefer a movie at home or a quiet dinner somewhere
you're a fkn outcast

Not all girls are into clubbing. I never especially cared for that scene even when I was younger. The bar/club scene always seemed sleazy and icky to me.

I love a quiet, intimate night with a home-cooked meal and then snuggling on the couch in front of the tv with a pile of dvds. Always have.

I used to go to bars when I was like 21-23. It got stale, and all of the people I got to know there were alcoholics.

Honestly, I have never even been to a nightclub, except for maybe a concert.

CTF, I'm so waiting for my date. ;)

And as far as the therapist goes, I wouldn't let someone else decide for me who I should go for. That's a problem I had with some people with my ex. Yeah, sure, he wasn't exactly prince charming... He probably wouldn't have fit an armor suit real well. And grant it, his white steed was more like a dingy, muddy donkey... BUT, he was mine. And I loved him for who he was, knowing how he was. Don't let others make that choice in your life. It's way too important to leave it someone's hands like that.

eris said:
I used to go to bars when I was like 21-23. It got stale, and all of the people I got to know there were alcoholics.

Honestly, I have never even been to a nightclub, except for maybe a concert.

Mmmm, barflies. They used to have that smell of stale whiskey and smoke, though now most bars have anti-smoking laws. Still... not all that appealing.

VanillaCreme said:
CTF, I'm so waiting for my date. ;)

:D

VanillaCreme said:
And as far as the therapist goes, I wouldn't let someone else decide for me who I should go for.

I'm in total agreement. I think that it is ludicrous to put so much weight on a single characteristic like "quiet" or "outgoing" or "Italian" or "rich" or whatever. How about characteristics that matter, like "considerate," or "loyal" or "caring" or "honest?"

Duh. There are so many other personal characteristics that can come into play and should be taken on an individual basis. This seems like a no-brainer and again, I am surprised at the therapist's wide-sweeping recommendation.

My next appointment is on Friday I think. lol, I'll broach the subject with her again and we can discuss it more thoroughly so I know why she said what she said. :)

I'm not, CTF, but for the fact she's a therapist. It's easy to tell someone else what to go for. To me, therapists seem to have one track minds that dive off the deep end in a pool of grape jelly and burnt toast bits.

SophiaGrace said:
My next appointment is on Friday I think. lol, I'll broach the subject with her again and we can discuss it more thoroughly so I know why she said what she said. :)

That's good. :)

VanillaCreme said:
I'm not, CTF, but for the fact she's a therapist. It's easy to tell someone else what to go for. To me, therapists seem to have one track minds that dive off the deep end in a pool of grape jelly and burnt toast bits.

lol Sometimes, yes.

Still, they are supposed to maintain a certain level of objectivity and keep away from letting their own personal prejudices interfere.

Now I want toast. :p

I start therapy (again) tomorrow. Doc says I HAVE TO DO IT.

I really dont like this woman, and she only lectures about things I already know.

How can I tell her to STFU gracefully.

lol. IDK.

eris said:
I start therapy (again) tomorrow. Doc says I HAVE TO DO IT.

I really dont like this woman, and she only lectures about things I already know.

How can I tell her to STFU gracefully.

lol. IDK.

Is there a different therapist you can go to? In a therapist-patient relationship it is important that some level of respect is there at least. Otherwise it is money thrown out the window, as far as I'm concerned. :/

Latest posts

Back