My thoughts on healing and forgiveness.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
Take from this what speaks to you. It isn't for everyone.....

Sometimes I think the greatest healings are facilitated through the acknowledgment of another persons pain. I am turned off by the new age attitude that there is something unenlightened about a person who hasn't gotten over their painful experiences by the quick fix, half-truth answers such as “It's gods will.” “Be more positive”,”You have to let go” “ You have to forgive.” “Everyone has problems,”etc.

Healing is a process and people need permission from those who love them and others who support them to take as long as they need. They need permission to feel whatever feelings they have without judgment. There isn't a time table on the human spirit or the way it processes it's experiences. It's not what happens to a person that has the greatest impact on them; it's how they perceive what happens to them. Their pain IS as great as they perceive it to be and not as others think it is. It is their world they are experiencing; not ours. The best way to alienate a person is to discount their pain when they are trying to express it. Whether they are 8 or 108, it will earn you the honest answer of,”You don't understand.”

People do not ….can not “let go” for reasons. There are reasons people can not forgive. There are reasons people do not “move on” or “get over it.” Such reasons must be honestly dealt with and not swept under the rug. Not everyone knows how to get from a painful place in their life to a state of healing. It's not as easy as clicking your ruby red slippers together and uttering some positive, happy slogan. It doesn't mean there is something wrong with them or they are less evolved because they are having a difficult time knowing how to deal with whatever they are going through. WHEN people heal something magical happens. They freely let go of things because they don't need to hold onto them any more; not because we tell them they need to let go. They freely forgive because they are now capable; not because it's something they have to do in order to heal. They suddenly become more positive because they have learned how to get through the darkness.

There are also those poor souls that never fully get over something as devastating as the death of a child or some life altering experience. A lifetime may not be long enough. Ya know what? It's ok. It's ok for them to hurt and to be down. It's ok for them to have bad days. It's ok for their hearts to break over and over. They may need to sit with that pain for a while until it passes and they are able to come back to us.

I don't think there is any greater honor than when another person pours their soul out to you and they allow you to sit with them in the silence of their grief. Many of them don't want answers as much as they desire to be witnessed by another human being. They need someone to wait with them....to be there...someone who won't turn away. I am reminded of a sages words. "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay with me, remain here with me, watch and pray, watch and pray.”

Naleena said:
I don't think there is any greater honor than when another person pours their soul out to you and they allow you to sit with them in the silence of their grief. Many of them don't want answers as much as they desire to be witnessed by another human being. They need someone to wait with them....to be there...someone who won't turn away. I am reminded of a sages words. "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay with me, remain here with me, watch and pray, watch and pray.”

This.
Absolutely.

Thanks for that Nalee...

I wish very much for Kimme to stop hurting. She had forgiven me. She has a very very big heart and is a very forging person. She cried her heart out the first time I spoke to her and also the first time I held her.

I also know her pains runs very deep..not so much wiht me but of her mother.
As hard as it was for her to want to trust and believe again she simply got hurted again.
How much more pain is thatt for her?
I dont know..

Yet shes compassionate enough to walk me through it becuase I felt hurted just the same..

And Im a little torn . Though her mother and I had begun that healing process
and forginess for each other..

My daughter simply can not let go of her hurt. Which I believe is at the very core why things are the way tthey are.
And I cant make her or force her to forgive and let go.
Yet at the same I cant bare to know that child hurts alot..alot.

At the sametime...its also difficult for me to explain this very thing to her mother...but still encourages her to reachout to our child..even if she gets rejected over and over again.

At the sametime her mother is only going to be able to bare the pains of rejection for so long until she cant handle it anymore and dose what she dose to ease her pains. Its kind of like a cycle of pains.

But its the very reason why I continue to love her mother and Kimmie My love has to be bigger than our pains.
As her mother and I continue to love ourselve and each other. It would take both our love to heal our daughter.
which is at the very core of what Kimmie really wanted all her life.

I know Kimmie loves her mother very much becuase she still ask for her mother.
The healing and forgiving process for Kimmie is on Kimmie's time.
I've heard this phrase before..."everything happens on god's time"
I dont know if Kimmie believe in GOD but I do know she believes in LOVE.
I dont fully understand Kimmie's pain. I can only relation to her from my own pains from my simular life's experince.
Never the less Kimmie will process it or percieve it differently than I do.

I must also understand...Ive have lot and lots of spiritual teachings over the years.
Many, many principles of forgivness and healing. Many, many ways of looking at things.
Kimmie and her morther hasnt had been exposed to the many teachings I've had.
I must also be very careful. My spiritaul teachings dosnt make me more human than Kimmie or her mother.

I also must be awear...everybody have different threshold of pains or tolerance of pains.

I'm fully awear I'm not my pains and I'm a million times greater than my pains. It's a concept or teachings to release pains.

I've also been taught another spiritual teaching...Forgiveness is not a requirement or is neccesarry.
It's a very simple concept of not judging. If I dont judge I need not forgive. Forgivness is just another form of distractions.
By me waiting to forgive...I'm actually creating my own sufferings.

And it's a very simple concept from...no one can hurt me nor manipulate me unless I allow them.
If I play the victim ( i'll have to get really, really honest with myself) and get hurt.
Asking others for forgivness plays into my own insanities. I create my own pains and reality.
I give other instructions of how to treat me. Obviously If Im the victim, someone is going to treat me bad.LOL
I can laugh at myself as a healing process just as easily forgiving myself for making mistakes.

However Kimmie is innocent or caladeral damage of her mother and my poor decisions making.

The Tao Te Ching tells us that we can see beauty only because ugliness exists. We would not know good without the presence of evil.

With this mindset I feel we would not know true happiness without first experiencing true pain.

It is possible that most have not truly felt pain and therefore are unable to fully understand.

Because of this I know that those close to me do not understand. That does not mean I won't be there for them when no one else can understand.

I think our views on the process overlap a bit Naleena.

Thank you for sharing.

:)

Naleena's healing and forgiveness post moved me and I shed a tear as well.

It was perfect timing for me and something I needed to hear!

(Chrome has crashed twice on me replying to this topic; so this time, I am keeping my answer simple and short.)

Since, Ive last posted pretain to
This matter.
Kimi's mother and I had reunited. On a possitive note.
It hasnt been smooth.
The Renae copes with her pains
Is to cuase more pains to herself. Very self destructive.
Shes day to day.
One step forward and two steps back.

I miss beinh close to her
I miss the late night phone calls
That she and i can talk for houts.
Just being her friend and father.
Its Kimi wish that i reside within
Driving distsnce we can meet
Face to face and just hang out.

Sbe knew i was talking to her mother.
Its very difficult..Kkmi wants me as her
Father first and foremost.
Her relationship her mother was non existence at gv

At same the Renae feels very hurted
That Kimi and I had a relationship.

Renae demanded that i set things
Right between her and Kimi.
I cant fotce Kimi to talk her mother...
No matter how much i remind her,
Renae loves her..

sometimes, healing and forgiveness to self are the hardest things to achieve.

Walking through this is easier said then done.

Kimi wish i to have me sfay in CA.
Very difficult to not let kimi what
J was doing and where i was at.
AFTER ALL ITS ABOUT TRUTH AND TURST.
I entire tjme Kimi tbought i was in LA.
I didnt inform Kimi where i was at until
I was half way to TX.
I broke her trust.

Kimi wouldn't believe in things i tell again.I had to show her proof.
She only asked me how did I manage
To get her mother back?
Im not as close to her because of my actions.

YET, she was happy for me. She knows
I love het mother very much.

Its been a slow process..but
Kimi is reachinh out to her mother again.

I also do these things to show
My daughter that if a man truely loves her,
He would forgive her for whatever mistakes
We will make no matter how big or small.

Yeap, forgiving myself is more difficult for me.
Ive been working on it.
I can across a book cal choosing to be well.
The idea of a higher self wasnt new to me.
Forgiving myself wasnt knew to me....
Its the actual process of doing it in ways
That i can actually forgive myself.

The higher self concept works better for me in this case,
Becuase it me...the self not God.
Ive always thought god was something outside of myself
Or dosnt exist..becuase god is tangible.

The principles remains the same.
UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

i love kimi unconditionally.

A little bit mote difficult with renae
More difficult with me.

My higher self loves me unconditionally

Life always throw me a loop....
Chelle contacted me.
I never thought she would talk to me agaim.

Things between Renae and I arnt so well.
Earlier this week Kimi contacted me.
Her love for me means the world to me.

Renae and I arnt talming much.
We. Both wish not to fight.
I cant fight her akcolism.
I feel distance from even tbough we sleep
In the same bed.

Just weurd how people contact me when
I realy needed to know im loved.

The fallout between Chelle and I wasnt pretty.
Chelle is my ExWf. We also have a daughter
Together. Jordan
At of my problems and challeges center
Aroind the mothers of my children.

At the sametime i married michelle
Cause she loves me...beyound the
Romance. Beyound marriage.

Fotgiveness.

I never expected her to contact me.
The ssme as i nevered expected to
Be with Renae again.
Renae loves me too.

A very moving and sensitive post. I will be saving it onto my hard drive to read over. It is so beautiful.

Latest posts

Back