need a good laptop

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha all you need is something like GifMaker and a decent drawing program on your computer. ;)

If I get bored, I might do it for you. XD

----Steve

Minus said:
Badjedidude said:
A Dell from Wal-Mart is worse than a Dell bought elsewhere (even if they're the same model).

Why is that?

I can actually answer that one...

It's because Walmart dictates the price of its merchandise to the manufacturer, not the other way around, lol.

For example...

Let's say you want a new system for your car....you go to the local soundshop and price what you're looking for and it's say...$500. OK, then, being the frugal person you are, you go to look at the same thing at Walmart, hoping to save $100 or so. OK...little do you know that Walmart has contracted with Sony, or whatever brand, for them to make that sound system for $100 less than what the local place pays for it. Now, here comes the sneaky part...

Let's say that the little gears, or whatever is used, to eject the CD are made of metal in the one you looked at in the local audio place. OK, the ones at Walmart might have PLASTIC gears (or whatever) in them. The plastic is cheaper than the metal, and also less durable. More breaks and repairs, etc.
ThAT is how Walmart can sometimes undercut the competition. They use their buying power to force the manufacturer to make a cheaper version of just about EVERYTHING.

EveWasFramed said:
ThAT is how Walmart can sometimes undercut the competition. They use their buying power to force the manufacturer to make a cheaper version of just about EVERYTHING.

Insider secrets? I knew there was a good explanation for it...lol and THAT does make sense. *shrug* :p All I knew is that everyone who bought computer stuff at Wal-Mart very soon regrets it...but now that I have an actual REASON, I'll be able to spread the word. ;) Thanks, Eve!

----Steve

lol you're welcome...I DO manage to pass on a bit of useful knowledge once in a while. :p

Badjedidude said:
loketron said:
once you go mac you're just kinda goddamned annoying and uppity about it

LOL fixed. ;) No (true) offense to you mackies.

----Steve

Lol. Trufax.

As to the Walmart thing... Of course... That's exactly where I bought mine. I'm not defending Walmart by any means, but I'd be lying if I said my laptop from there wasn't still going strong.

I have a compaq q that i got for 300 dollars in july, it's pretty good does't have a webcam but i think some do, has a mic, internet wi fi conectivity

windows vista i really like it i haven;t haven't had any problems with it yet, i really like it

http://www.compaq.com/country/index.html

Well em not a tech person bt based on my experience I can suggest some

- Apple / HP / Dell

Plz dont buy HP Compaq ..which is totally problematic with its sounds system & screen...em using it..1st one my dad bought for me 6 years ago- very troublesome and the new one last year which is also got some problem with its sounds system & wireless (from the day one!!!arghhh..) and I have reinstall the both drivers again and again which is totally annoying...

If u want a good one maybe I can get some advise frm my friend who is selling laptops and pc

Dun ever go for ACER!

EveWasFramed said:

So you are saying that the model names really mean nothing because the same model may be different depending on who the retailer is going to be?

guys/gals, just to follow up, i bought the toshiba linked in my first post. seems pretty cool so far.

i bought mine for $300 from a pawn shop.

compaq presario

best computer ive ever used.

the biggest thing you have to look for in a laptop isnt the processor or computer specs, but the battery. see if it has energy options, and how long the battery lasts. even if you plug it into a wall all day long, if it only has high power, youre wasting electricity or battery life. a lot of the new ones start in high power and you have to change them to something else like balance or low power... and the batteries arent that dependable.

Minus said:
EveWasFramed said:

So you are saying that the model names really mean nothing because the same model may be different depending on who the retailer is going to be?

Maybe and maybe not. :p Maybe some of the brands function just fine with cheaper parts, lol.

EveWasFramed said:
Maybe some of the brands function just fine with cheaper parts, lol.

What i was wondering is that, whenever we would have an ECO changing the specs on a part that went into an assembly, that would be reflected be a change in the model number. I guess the question was if that holds true for end products or if a variety of varying builds with different specs can appear with the same model number.

If you can afford it I've heard really good things about macs and macbooks my roommate and her bf had one and they really liked them because they don't get viruses as ften. Though they are more expensive than pcs.

If your looking for cheap I've got a compaq laptop I got it for 300 bucks last year used it all through college and it still works today :D

I was able to get online download stuff browse and write essays without any problems. It can play itunes, connect to wi fi pretty much everything else a laptop can do only wayyy cheaper.

I can't find a link for the exact one I have but here's a link for a real cheap mini one

http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CDoQ8wIwBA#

and it looks like it's gotten pretty good reviews so there's my 2 cents worth best of luck

:)

tehe

have no idea, but it's the truth! o_O

I have NEVER seen a laptop bought at Wal-Mart last more than a single year. EVER. Maybe I just hang around destructive people or something....but...*shrug*

@mintymint: Lol I was teasin'.

hmm I must have gotten lucky I got mine from walmart, last year in july and it's still up and running

Latest posts

Back