Need buddies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floridaguy

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new here

I googled lonely and landed here.

I've tried to become friends with other guys. It does not work.

I'm not sure why. I'm a good friend, funny and active.

One of my many faults I think I try too hard. Though no ones ever told me that. People seem to like me and then for multiple random reasons disappear.

I'm 40.

Any advice?

That's the plague we all suffer man... people do that all the time... no reason, no explanation, not another word... just gone like the Aliens abducted them or something...

Welcome here, and if you want to talk... I got all the time in the world.

Get active. For me it was exercising. Jump rope till you sweat like a pig. or get up and start running if that's your thing. jjump up and down. be free.

Hey welcome,
just keep searching, try new activities. Sometimes you have to adopt the attitude of a salesman, in theory at least, you can't let all the no's and non interest get to you, every no is one person closer to a yes.

*Disclaimer* Since I was never good at sales, or finding friends, not sure if any of this will actually help. :)

Hey there, welcome to the forum.

I'm a female, and I find it hard to find a lasting female friend. That I can connect with. I have a few now that I've met from this forum, so it's nice. Try your luck, you may be able to find someone to connect to from here. Good luck.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I find it hard to find friends myself so your not alone. Find it hard connecting to some people but I met friendly people here. Hopefully you'll meet new friends on here. =)

Keep your chin up! :)

hiya =)
welcome to the forum.

I know what you mean, I also tend to not have a lot of male friends. sometimes I think it's more me than them though..
anyways, one thing that really works in your favor is simply the fact that you're a Florida guy!
if you also happen to have a boat... i'll be right over! :D

Welcome to the site, Floridaguy.

Maybe replace trying to hard with enthusiasm, but just not OTT.

Hi guys thanks for these replays

So i tried posting an ad on craigslist looking for a guy to run with. Some one suggested being active-- im actually pretty active.
I met one guy who was cool or so i thought and then he started wanting to borrow money-- not five bucks but real money. The rest were guys who wanted "physical" activity that im just not into.

What frustrates me so much is how much i crave having a friend. Someone like a best friend. Ive tried to be introspective in terms of why i have the huge void, that i feel compelled to fill. No answers yet. Perhaps i can fill it here....

Floridaguy said:
Hi guys thanks for these replays

So i tried posting an ad on craigslist looking for a guy to run with. Some one suggested being active-- im actually pretty active.
I met one guy who was cool or so i thought and then he started wanting to borrow money-- not five bucks but real money. The rest were guys who wanted "physical" activity that im just not into.

Hey Floridaguy. Welcome. I am a female, but I can tell you how I've gotten out of my comfort zone lately and surprisingly have had good results. I joined an online women's site to meet friends in my area. I was terrified of this, thinking I would end up meeting weirdos. Anyway, I started corresponding with a woman in my area. We messaged each other on the website first, then texted by phone, then called and finally met for coffee. She has turned out to be really nice. We've met for coffee a few times now and text quite a lot. This was really unlike me, but I took the risk. I have also had a couple other women message me drom the site so who knows where it might go. I also started volunteering recently and although I can't say I've met any "friends" it has been a great experience. Good luck. This is a really good forum with nice people.

Latest posts

Back